It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm 67 years old, and I was having a bath as opposed to a shower.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

I was just trying to be funny and make you laugh.

I'm 50, doing what I can to stay young, but my time will come eventually as it does to us all.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I'm early 40's and I know I've begun to heal slower than I used to.
My silly story at the bottom of the last page would be history if I was in my twenties, but even today all my healing ribs were making horrible clicks when plastering a ceiling.
Doc's say it's good I have to make so many different shapes with my body as I work so I'll have greater eventual movement and the clicks will stop.

Healing at an office desk creates office desk mobility.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

There are people who can take 10 of those or even 10 of other opioids 3 times stronger and dont throw up.

In fact...if they DONT take them in those quantities...they THROW UP. Built up tolerance.

I take one much stronger ...waaay stronger twice a day. Never get sick from it...and Im not far from your age...

Good Luck....
MS EMT/ERT

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Is your shower situated over the bath?

If so you might want to consider adding a bath bench. It's very simple, a 'shelf' that you balance across the bath and underneath the shower.

If you're ill, have balance problems or are getting a bit unsteady it's great to be able to sit down to have a shower.

Much better than risking having another slip. Wishing you better

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I won't touch anything with codeine myself - the real stuff knocks me out, and the synthetic makes me violently sick. Not a fun thing to find out post-surgery, I can tell you!!

For yourself, you likely bruised, at the least, a rib or two. Very painful. I'd recommend a doc, to check the ribs, and to be sure you didn't injure something internally. Maybe consider a safety bar, too.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
One final post from me on my bathtub fall. I told a friend that it wasn't an old man fall. It was mostly just a stupid man fall. Soap apparently is a lubricant. I'll never make that mistake again.

But the part about feeling like throwing up when trying to eat under the influence of a pretty low dose of codeine, an opioid, tells me something. If a much more powerful dose of morphine causes me to not be able to eat without throwing up, how can I count on it in final stage cancer?

The pain is very slowly becoming less. Very slowly. But it became endurable without any medication this morning. I like to avoid pharmaceutical products if at all possible. In some cases they are essential. In most others they are a product designed to make money by a so-called elite.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

The final stage cancer example I'm sure you'll find some pain relief which will work or you won't care about throwing up your food either way.
I have a high tolerance for opiates, but if I ever get in some desperate end of days situation like that my son agreed long ago that he'd score me some heroin and I'll just overdose to end it at a time of my choosing.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

originally posted by: droid56

Plus there's a conspipation problem with opioids such as codeine.

Then you'll need a strong laxative to counter that problem and before you know it, one day you slip in the tub, and the next you're a heroine junky who can't hold their #, so you may need some Metamucil when you check in for detox or things might start to get out of hand..

As far as straight forward advice goes that pretty much hits the nail one head.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join