It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Majority Leader In Secret Recording - "Putin Pays Trump"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: theantediluvian

Wow. Doesn't seem like joking around at all.

Was it all the "laughing" in the transcript that gave it away?

There’s…there’s two people, I think, Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump…[laughter]…swear to God.

Ryan: This is an off the record…[laughter]…NO LEAKS…[laughter]…alright?! [Laughter]

Ryan: This is how we know we're a real family here.

Scalise: That's how you know that we're tight. [Laughter]

link   

originally posted by: Tempter
It's funny how triggered the OP is, yet the first thing the OP does is call others triggered.

tvtropes.org...

A joke whose humor derives from repetition, ideally becoming funnier each time it is repeated. Must be repeated at least three times, otherwise it's a Brick Joke. But repeat it too many times and it can become an Overly Long Gag. A variant is a joke that occurs Once an Episode; doing that too often threatens to turn it into an Overused Running Gag.
The ultimate fear for the use of any running gag is that it becomes an Overly Long Gag, or worse, it was never funny in the first place and didn't improve through repetition. Nothing is worse than starting a one hour show with a joke that bombs that you're going to use twenty times over the next hour.

link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: introvert

The lost cause is Trump critics reading from the same GD television script of the West Wing.

What the # are you talking about?

link   
I have it on good authority, multiple sources, including a taped audio recording that OP gets paid twice per month from the DNC to shill on multiple internet forums. The audio recording places him at a DC cafe sipping a late with Podesta.

I can't validate or make public the names of the sources as the assets lives might be put at risk.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Now the MSM is going into deep BS.

There's no proof of a "recording".

But they sure write it like there is.

So where are the denials?

So where's the recording audio ?

DaaaaHaHaHa

We get to laugh when it backfires on them.

They are already asking for memos between Comey,Clinton,Lynch.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
My question to those on the left is, if after all of this and they cannot bring Trump down, will they turn on those who they disagree with. Will they bring violence to the "Deplorables", and if they do, are they ready for the push back? I hope they will realize that the road they are traveling on will not lead anyone to a good place. I hope cool heads prevail!

link   

originally posted by: neo96

Now the MSM is going into deep BS.

There's no proof of a "recording".

But they sure write it like there is.

So where are the denials?

So where's the recording audio ?

DaaaaHaHaHa

We get to laugh when it backfires on them.

They are already asking for memos between Comey,Clinton,Lynch.

Holy nutballs the plan worked.

link   
Oh first they denied it, til they were told there was audio then they said it was a joke.

Pathetic!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

I find lots of real things funny and laugh when I talk about them.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
We need politics about as much as we need religion.

+1 more 
posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Now that Dear Leader is sitting in the Oval Office lying his ass off, criticizing the President is off limits because it's harmful for the country? Hypocrite.

They did that with Dubya, too. When he was in office, we were constantly told not to disrespect the President because it demoralizes the troops, it's un-American, etc. But once Obama became President, their gloves were off with him even though we were still engaged in the same exact wars!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Oh first they denied it, til they were told there was audio then they said it was a joke.

Pathetic!

For the record, "We were joking" is standard second line of defense used against claims of having said something which you *may* have said but don't immediately recall saying. Again, simply putting the audio on the web for people to listen to would clear this up instantly (unless Paul Ryan sounds like Grover and Kevin McCarthy sounds like Kermit the Frog on the audio, in which case O_o WaPo, look what you've done to America AGAIN.) But oh, that's right, "sources have to be protected..." the standard deflective cry of a corrupt media these days. Anonymous sources indicate WaPo is full of horsecrap.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Look, I really don't care if someone criticizes Donald Trump... I just wish the media wouldn't tell bald faced lies about the man, conducting a witchhunt for their liberal donor media mogul owners.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The evidence free "reporting" will have consequences.

Credibility was once valued.

The MSM are cutting their own throats.

"Intellectual Prostitutes" who are losing their appeal.

Trying too hard.

The desperation is obvious.

My father is 77 years old and has watched politics since the 1950's.

His opinion..... "They are out to get him"

It has been suggested that there is a piece of Hollywood wisdom that goes..

"Never believe your own Publicity!"

The MSM are burning their own future.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Where is the audio recording WaPo claims to have?

I'd feel blessed to see the actual and original memo that was
purportedly 'read off' to the media from Comey's collection
that day. As if the existence (or not) of the damned thing
matters to the resistor array...
but a real audio recording, analyzed to comb out tampering?
The Watergate gang still above ground must be getting tingles...

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Imagine for a moment if everyone who voted for Trump decided to punish the Washington Post. How could they do that you ask, they largely don't subscribe to it? Boycott it's advertisers?Those don't work,usually. Well, here's an idea. The owner of the Washington Post also owns around 17% of a highly overvalued ( but admittedly quite good at margin management) company known as Amazon. Imagine if everyone who voted for Trump cancelled their Prime subscription en masse all at once, and stopped buying items from there in protest. Amazon along with a couple other companies are massively overvalued and represent a disproportionate share of current stock levels. That is something that would leave a mark on the enemies of the American people in MSM and Wall Street. It would be harder to go after the NYT as they are owned by Mexican Billionaire Carlos Slim.

It's the only way this hostile, bordering on disloyal media could be made to pay. And even better would be totally legal and peaceful.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Look, they are laughing and telling jokes. I hope that people realize that politicians joke around too. I remember around that time, everyone was joking about Trump and Putin, on the net and around town.

So when do jokes of the past become evidence of today?

So why the, "This is off the record" remark. Don't be blind, Ryan already was cught on audio before, and no matter what he says on the screen, he has a low opinion of Trump...remember these guys are Republicans, and they are mocking their soon to be President, and backing the White House as it suits, even though they will know a lot of things they will not talk about to the plebs. To them it's just politics....what the truth is not for the people that pay them.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
So why the, "This is off the record" remark.

It makes the transcript look more credible when WaPo publishes it. I'm sure their newsroom brainstormers had a nice selection of pre-comment and post-comment pleasantries picked out that they ultimately decided not to author into the transcript.

News Maker A: "McCarthy should open with a compliment about Ryan's gain and how his gym routine is going."
News Maker B: "No, no, Ryan needs to state a quick "How's Judy and the kids?"
News Maker C: "Hmmm, I'm thinking both Ryan and McCarthy should mention how warm it is outside."
News Maker D: "We gotta throw in an off the cuff 'this is off the record, right guys?" banter in here somewhere."
edit on 17-5-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

No one is surprised that establishment Republicans don't like Trump.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Look, I really don't care if someone criticizes Donald Trump... I just wish the media wouldn't tell bald faced lies about the man, conducting a witchhunt for their liberal donor media mogul owners.

Dude, we just went through 8 straight years of right wing media telling bald faced lies about Obama. Everything from him being a secret Muslim to a simple "fist pound" greeting between Barack & Michelle being labeled a "terrorist fist jab". And that doesn't even touch on the constant birther crap or the ridiculous right wing conspiracies like Obama being Osama, Michelle really being a man, etc. We had to deal with the constant lies for 8 straight years, so it's surprising that Trump and his supporters can't handle 4 months of their own proverbial "medicine".

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join