It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conor mcgregor vs floyd mayweather . bad fight for floyd

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

im with you. if you are measuring success with money then yeah, 3 mill is a success.

you cant compare renzo with conor.
renzo is widely considered one of the greatest fighters of all time as well as one of the greatest jiu jitsu players and coaches of all time.
nobody has anything bad to say about renzo gracie.
he is the type of person there is only 1 of.

you can measure his success by the players that have come through his academy too.
right now he has a squad of killers there.

the head instructor john danaher is like a jiu jitsu scholor and that is directly because of renzo.
then you have the death squad of tonon, cummings, and gordon ryan.
renzo's team is killing it. his contribution to the sport of jui jitsu(and mma) really can not be measured.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Jay-morris
Ok! Let me spell it out for you one more time! Renzo Gracie is worth 3 million. That three million obviously made over a longer period of a few years. Most prob all his career.

And? Is accumulating $3,000,000 not being successful?

You have not even addressed my points about Conor being a different, humble, respectful person outside of the octagon. You would rather believe that the trash talking Conor is the real Conor, when obviously he is not.

Who cares? His public persona is Grand Master Douche level.

I never said it was not a lot of money, but considering he made a lot of his money training other fighters, i cannot see how you can compare the two in bow they made their money.

Conor is a normal fighter. He is not part of a huge martial art family like the gracies, who are all rich, but as a business more than separate fighters. So Conor is completely different.

Yeah, who cares! An answer which means you cannot justify it. And this is the thing, you cannot debate with a Conor hater because it is impossible for them to admit anything that holds Conor in some light.

You might as well debate with a brick wall! But I know my boxing and mma knowledge is superior to yours, and I am sure people who read this thread will pretty much see you for what you are.

Just another clueless Conor hater!

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
im with you. if you are measuring success with money then yeah, 3 mill is a success.

Along with the respect of your peers and the MMA community. Once you get to a certain point it's all eff you money anyway

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
another thing to be fair is when Renzo was active the huge pay days were just not there.
his last fight was 7 years ago. his first pro mma fight was 92. there was no money in this # in 1992

renzo is just a down to earth good dude. he has some serious wins and serious losses but no excuses

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I never said it was not a lot of money, but considering he made a lot of his money training other fighters, i cannot see how you can compare the two in bow they made their money.

The point was he was successful without being a giant douche nozzle like McKnocked Out.

You might as well debate with a brick wall! But I know my boxing and mma knowledge is superior to yours, and I am sure people who read this thread will pretty much see you for what you are.

You would be very, very wrong with that assumption, TinySickTears can verify it for you.

It's okay Fan Boi, not everyone's gonna lurv on your man as much as you do.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Along with the respect of your peers and the MMA community. Once you get to a certain point it's all eff you money anyway

imo what the mma/grappling community says about you means a lot.
nobody has anything bad to say about renzo. renzo does not bad mouth and talk #.

he is a true gem for sure.
it rubs off on his students too.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

renzo is just a down to earth good dude.

Which is the reason people respect him and you will never hear anyone speak ill of him or his family. Carlos and Helio taught them all well.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

You would be very, very wrong with that assumption, TinySickTears can verify it for you.

yeah Jay you are quite wrong my friend.
i know Augustus's line and who he has rolled with and its impressive.

btw augustus your unk was featured in bjjheroes.com last week. i was not on much but i was going to see if you saw that.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

btw augustus your unk was featured in bjjheroes.com last week. i was not on much but i was going to see if you saw that.

I did catch that, he shot me a link, he also got a nice call from Mr. G as well so he was really happy.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

renzo is just a down to earth good dude.

Which is the reason people respect him and you will never hear anyone speak ill of him or his family. Carlos and Helio taught them all well.

he is for sure in a class of his own even within the gracie family.
quite a lot of the gracies are known to have a mouth and make a lot of excuses. royce of course does this as we all know.
most recently ralek has been on the outs with renor and ryron because he was #ing over players at metamoris.
even royler hits the excuse button from time to time. rickson has said things about damn near everyone though he is one of the few that i think can get away with criticizing just about anyone

not renzo though.
all good things no matter who you ask.

if you look at the black belts he has promoted and then the black belts they have promoted there is a serious pedigree coming from renzo.

the 10th planet crew and the squad someone out of renzo academy(and silver fox with erin and karel) are definitely the future of grappling and grappling in mma.

there are jiu jitsu schools all over and fight clubs like amc for lack of a better term but there are a few out there that are killing it and taking it to another level and renzo is on the front line of that.

im telling you all
10th planet
team renzo
checkmat

those 3 are changing the face of grappling ans grappling in mma.

this is kind of like the silver age of grappling(including no gi) right now.
i think early 90's was the golden age. you could look at grappling as everything before UFC 1 and everything after.

now we are in another age and it started hardcore about 10 years ago.
10th planet popped up as no gi only and other schools started training exclusively in no gi and now these people are getting their black belts and they have students that are competing and they are all ripping it up.

this is the best time ever to be a grappler

you have dudes out there like buchecha

ADCC Champion (2013)
IBJJF Pro League GP Champion (2016)
IBJJF World Champion (2017**/2016**/2014**/2013**/2012**)
IBJJF World No-Gi Champion (2011**/2010**)
IBJJF Pan American Champion (2012**)
UAEJJF Abu Dhabi Pro Champion (2012*/2013*/2014**/2015**)
WLPJJ SP Cup Champion (2010)
IBJJF Miami Open Champion (2010**)
IBJJF World Championship Runner-up (2011)
IBJJF World Championship 3rd Place (2011*)

crushing it. so many good guys.

great time to roll

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Please expand, he is not doing that great on this debate

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

he can explain further if he wants to but he is directly connected to renzo gracie via a highly decorated renzo black belt who is a family member.
he can go further with it if he wants to

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The point was he was successful without being a giant douche nozzle like McKnocked Out.

It's okay Fan Boi, not everyone's gonna lurv on your man as much as you do.

So now I am a fanboy of Conor lol. This gets better and better. Seriously! You cannot reasonably debate with me.

I do not care who you are! You come across as another delusional hater on here, simple!
edit on 27-8-2017 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

he can explain further if he wants to but he is directly connected to renzo gracie via a highly decorated renzo black belt who is a family member.
he can go further with it if he wants to

That is all well and good, but that does not mean he is right about what he is saying about Conor. That is clueless hatred we see a lot of online. He is no different.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

So now I am a fanboy of Conor...

Obviously.

I do not care who you are! You come across as another delusional hater on here, simple!

But you do since you tossed your Appeal to Authority logical fallacy into the conversation earlier. You'll just have to suck it up that I don't like douche-y assholes like McLoudmouth.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

there are jiu jitsu schools all over and fight clubs like amc for lack of a better term but there are a few out there that are killing it and taking it to another level and renzo is on the front line of that.

Yeah, the pedigree of talent coming from Team Renzo is pretty impressive, even the casual visitors are very high caliber.

now we are in another age and it started hardcore about 10 years ago.
10th planet popped up as no gi only and other schools started training exclusively in no gi and now these people are getting their black belts and they have students that are competing and they are all ripping it up.

No gi is definitely the main request my uncle is taking for the past few years, everyone wants to get that system down since the feeling is that it's the most technical.

edit on 27-8-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Obviously

Please explain how I am a Conor fanboy?

I said Conor would not beat Floyd - I was right

Conor will be better than people think - right

Explained to you the teal conor- right, you ignored

Gracie ,Conor money comparison - silly

Everything I said about Conor was not over the top, but the truth. I have not stated once that Conor is my fav fighter. Diaz vs Conor I wanted Diaz to win.

So, please explain this love I have for Conor ?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Not sure how I missed this post. But yeah, I understand why Conor keeps moving on to the next big thing. You have to seize opportunities when they come because they may not come again. So I wouldn't be surprised if he fought Paulie Malignaggi next in boxing. They could market it as a grudge match ("snitch vs honor") and have Showtime, McGregor Promotions & the UFC co-promote it. Even if they only charged half the prices that they charged for Money-Mac, they could still make far more than he would in the UFC.

But I also hate how it ties up the divisions in the UFC since the contenders in his division are left waiting to see what he'll do. There are a lot of interesting fights for him in the UFC, but I'm becoming less and less convinced that he'll come back for them. I can see him vs GSP (if he beats Bisping) or in a trilogy fight vs Nate. But I'd prefer to see him w/a rematch against Aldo at 155lbs, a rematch with Holloway (who has won 11 straight since losing to Conor), vs Ferguson, vs Woodley, vs Khabib, vs Cowboy Cerrone, etc. I'd even like to see him vs Gaethje or Wonderboy.

I think he'd lose most of these fights, but I've been wrong about him before. And either way, they'd be entertaining. But as of right now, I'm doubting that he comes back to the UFC unless it's for only 1 or 2 fights.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Only a Fan Boi would be concerned about what some random person on the internet said about him to the degree you are.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Only a Fan Boi would be concerned about what some random person on the internet said about him to the degree you are.

LOL seriously! that is all you have to say to back up your "fanboy" theory. All I have done in this thread is state facts, while you go hate rant, not backing up any of your stupid remarks, while I have backed up all of mine.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join