It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Resistance got there very own Special Prosecutor to investigate Russia's Interference

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Fo rmer FBI Director

The Justice Department will appoint former FBI Director Robert Mueller to be special counsel of the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

Hmmm Must be nothing there if Jeff Sessions Justice Department gave the Dems what they wanted.

Washington Post

As a parade of lawmakers appeared on television Wednesday morning to discuss the latest turmoil emerging from the White House, more news broke: Russian President Vladimir Putin offered to provide Congress a transcript of President Trump's meeting with Russian envoys to prove that no classified secrets were divulged.

Putin's offer was quickly brushed off — even laughed off — by lawmakers from both sides of the aisle.

So in a effort to make peace they laugh it off? This is just one more example of them not wanting to see Real Evidence. Because if you don't believe the only two parties present at the meeting being the White House's Story and you don't Believe the Kremlin's Story there are no parties LEFT to believe. No wait I'm sorry. The only thing LEFT is a Conspiracy.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Your title says special prosecutor, that would require ACTUAL evidence.

They got together a special 'counsel', so maybe now they can look for ACTUAL evidence.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Your title says special prosecutor, that would require ACTUAL evidence.

They got together a special 'counsel', so maybe now they can look for ACTUAL evidence.

From Wikipedia:

The terms "special prosecutor", "independent counsel" and "special counsel" have the same fundamental meaning.

Hopefully they can get ACTUAL evidence because my fear is that they will have to MAKE up evidence in order to impeach. And when nothing is found the tears will be become a Ocean from the Dems knowing they lost to superior Presidential Candidate.
edit on 17-5-2017 by Stevemagegod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Fake thread title.

Not a Special Prosecutor.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Fake thread title.

Not a Special Prosecutor.

Same Legal Terminology

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Thanks, I didn't know they were interchangeable.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I wouldn't put it pass Trump to fire this special prosecutor like Nixon did in 1973.

Then we'll have some real fun!

Trump will not sit for this more is coming folks It ain't over

When Cox issued a subpoena to Nixon, asking for copies of taped conversations recorded in the Oval Office, the president refused to comply. On Friday, October 19, 1973, Nixon offered what was later known as the Stennis Compromise—asking the infamously hard-of-hearing Senator John C. Stennis of Mississippi to review and summarize the tapes for the special prosecutor's office. Cox refused the compromise that same evening and it was believed that there would be a short rest in the legal maneuvering while government offices were closed for the weekend.
However, the following day (Saturday) Nixon ordered Attorney General Richardson to fire Cox. Richardson refused and resigned in protest. Nixon then ordered Deputy Attorney General William Ruckelshaus to fire Cox. Ruckelshaus also refused and resigned.

Nixon then ordered the Solicitor General of the United States, Robert Bork, as acting head of the Justice Department, to fire Cox. Both Richardson and Ruckelshaus had given personal assurances to Congressional oversight committees that they would not interfere, but Bork had not. Although Bork later claimed he believed Nixon's order to be valid and appropriate, he still considered resigning to avoid being "perceived as a man who did the President's bidding to save my job".[3] Nevertheless, having been brought to the White House by limousine and sworn in as acting attorney general, Bork wrote the letter firing Cox[4] – and the Saturday Night Massacre was complete.[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
So......

From an outsider's perspective, American 'democracy' can be redefined as a free and 'fair' election where candidates sink to extremely low levels of mudslinging and where voting booths may be restricted if one is an ethnic minority. Dead people also tend to like to vote from beyond the grave.

Once said 'transparent' process has taken place, the losing side spend the rest of the presidential cycle discrediting and attempting to impeach the winner.

I'm pretty sure the statue of liberty is dying with embarrassment.....
edit on 17-5-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
There was actually Russian interference in the election, so there is a reason to appoint him to the role. Donald Trump and his team's role with Russia is not as clear, but there is definitely enough reason to look into the allegations.
edit on 17pmWed, 17 May 2017 18:22:18 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

They're not. My lawyer is a counselor.
He's not a prosecutor. LOL.

Mueller is ex-FBI not the DOJ. He's not a prosecutor.
OP just wanted an inflammatory thread title so used a very loosely associated synonym that will get much more interest as it assumes a crime.
Kind of bait for the left I'm assuming was the goal. Get lots of people peeking in to the thread.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Let's not dive into the clairvoyant realm.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Thanks for the clarification Silly, law is NOT my forte, to say the least.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Our government has gotten very dysfunctional. the congressmen are starting to listen to the MSM's twisted stories and people in our country do not read the whole articles with an open mind. Most people read the first paragraph or maybe two and this contains twisted facts that are sometimes cleared up in the rest of the article.

I want to see the evidence. I want the Washington Post penalized severely if they are causing civil unrest by distorting things to cause a disruption of our government, including charging the owner with a Felony if possible where he has to go to prison if convicted.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Stick Nancy Pelosi,Maxine Waters and the Balloon that thinks Islands might tip over if you put too many US troops on them on that Special Counsel and we can all be splitting our sides for the comedic value for months and months.
Damn I left out Racheal manhead Maddow.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
There was actually Russian interference in the election, so there is a reason to appoint him to the role. Donald Trump and his team's role with Russia is not as clear, but there is definitely enough reason to look into the allegations.

Maybe because there is no smoke. ? How long have they been investigating by now? O thats right over a year. In Hillary's case by this time it was already there was lots of fire and smoke. The Building Collapsed on Her thanks to Comey. Maybe they should investigate him.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Interesting point. It's been happening for a year now but is ramping up to bat# insane levels currently.

And that being politicians taking their cues and presenting their platforms based off fake, un-sourced news from outlets which have been wrong time and time again. It's one thing for the MSM to push their fake and fabricated news, it's quite another for politicians to use said fake news as their platform.

Impeach Trump because of some fake story in the Wash Post with zero evidence? Then when Putin offers the actual transcripts, blow him off? Insanity.
edit on 17-5-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

You mean the same former FBI Director Robert Mueller who handle the so called investigation into 911, that Robert Mueller?

Looks like a nice pick, another scumbag who knows how to stage things.

edit on 17-5-2017 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Trump Administration is 1 lightyear ahead of the game.

The Democrats don't even know that.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Thanks, I didn't know they were interchangeable.

Actually, you were somewhat correct.

There used to be a statute that expired (I think) in 1999 where the title "Special Counsel" was propriety to ethics investigations.

With the expiration of that statute, the terms are now interchangeable.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: stosh64

They're not. My lawyer is a counselor.
He's not a prosecutor. LOL.

Mueller is ex-FBI not the DOJ. He's not a prosecutor.
OP just wanted an inflammatory thread title so used a very loosely associated synonym that will get much more interest as it assumes a crime.
Kind of bait for the left I'm assuming was the goal. Get lots of people peeking in to the thread.

He's an attorney.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join