It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Appoints Special Counsel In Russia Probe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

FBI investigations are generally long and drawn out. It is the way they operate.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
This is a great move for all involved. With people like Kieth Olbermann calling for outside influence from other countries, and the base projection out of the DNC, the speculation has reached such a fever's pitch that there is no telling the stupidity one idiot might try. Hopefully this cools some jets.

You and I both know that this will only cool jets IF the Democrats get a biased investigation in their favour and get a recommendation to indict. Anything else and they will call foul and continue calls for impeachment until the 2018 elections.

They never wanted impartiality, they want to undo the election.

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Quick, insert Robert Mueller into your thread heading, or we'll have duplicates after the "casual" ATS members get home and turn on the TV.

edit on 5/17/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

FBI investigations are generally long and drawn out. It is the way they operate.

Yep, and they found nothing. I wonder what avenues are left?

link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Not a Special Prosecutor?

A Special Counsel is a Special Prosecutor...eh?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
OMG..ANOTHER INVESTIGATION??? House and Senate committees just got royally bich-slapped!

Not really.. Their purpose is strictly oversight. They have no authority to bring charges. All they can do is refer their conclusion to the FBI for criminal charges.

Mueller has all the authority of a US attorney... So he can empanel a grand jury, use one already sitting, issue subpoenas, warrants etc.
edit on 17-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You and I both know that this will only cool jets IF the Democrats get a biased investigation in their favour and get a recommendation to indict. Anything else and they will call foul and continue calls for impeachment until the 2018 elections.

They never wanted impartiality, they want to undo the election.

One thing is for certain, if nothing is found to support the Russian narrative, there will be zero self-reflection or apology for the damage caused.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

What can this "special counsel" do that the 3 other investigative bodies (Senate/House/FBI) have failed to accomplish?

Somebody school me on why this will work, when 3 other investigations have turned up nothing.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I expect this will all be resolved much like with Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald and the Obama pay-to-play senate seat investigation.

heh.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

What can this "special counsel" do that the 3 other investigative bodies (Senate/House/FBI) have failed to accomplish?

Somebody school me on why this will work, when 3 other investigations have turned up nothing.

The same thing without the appearance of politics coming into play that Comey interjected into the FBI and something McCabe continued as acting Director with his links to Clinton / DNC. McCabe is under congressional investigation for ethics violations.

you have an FBI agent that has the authority of a US Attorney.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

OMG..ANOTHER INVESTIGATION??? House and Senate committees just got royally bich-slapped!

Not really.. Their purpose is strictly oversight. They have no authority to bring charges. All they can do is refer their conclusion to the FBI for criminal charges.

Mueller has all the authority of a US attorney... So he can empanel a grand jury, use one already sitting, issue subpoenas, warrants etc.

Thank-you! So who will Mueller utilize to conduct this investigation... What personnel? Will he use the Senate/House/FBI files and findings, so as to not spend 10 months reinventing the wheel? Hope so!

The sad thing is that this investigation has nothing to do with why Democrats are screaming "Impeach the SOB!" right now.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

As I understand it he can use whatever resoures he thinks is appropriate and has access to everything, including house / senate / fbi / irs records etc etc etc.

The Democrats got what they were screaming for.. an independent prosecutor. If nothing is found involving Trump Democrats are in trouble. The Senate intel committee already issued a request for everything pertaining to russia, trump and the dnc / clinton allegations during the election so they are involved in this by their own demands.

Feinstein also signed the letter Grassley sent.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
What really ticks me off is the ungodly amount of tax dollars that is funding all this nonsense. We're paying for this circus. Imagine all the homeless we could feed with the billions they're going to spend before all's said and done.

This vid reminds me of the politics of late.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Not a Special Prosecutor?

Oh, that's right... that woukd require actual evidence of a prosecutable offense.

You should educate yourself before snark..

The terms "special prosecutor", "independent counsel" and "special counsel" have the same fundamental meaning, and their use (at least at the federal level in the U.S.) is generally differentiated by the time period to which they are being applied.

The term "special prosecutor" was used throughout the Watergate era, but was replaced by the less confrontational "independent counsel" in the 1983 reauthorization of the Ethics in Government Act

en.wikipedia.org...

Same thing

link   

They've had Weiner's laptop for eight months investigating his sexting with a 15 year old...it's still ongoing. Still just a steaming pile of sh*t, phony-baloney investigation. All just part of a grander plan...no serious investigation. The FBI is just a corrupt mess...nothing more.

link   
Honestly for this sort of thing, someone needs to go find some crusty old judge from the bassackwards end of hicksville whom no one knows but everyone in his stomping ground agrees is always fair and impartial. Then they dump all the necessary stuff on him in his little old courtroom and bring him everything and everyone he says he wants until he renders his judgment.

And NO PRESS until he's finished.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Considering the number of people under the obama administration who spent taxpayer money like no other, I dont see Democrats being all that concerned about how they spend taxpayer dollars.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
What really ticks me off is the ungodly amount of tax dollars that is funding all this nonsense.

I figure one trip to Mar-Largo for the oompa loompa and necessary security team would pay for the annual salary of the Special Counsel and team members.

In the scheme of things, a small price to pay to find out if our President is a full on treasonous criminal or just dangerously stupid.

edit on 17-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

They've had Weiner's laptop for eight months investigating his sexting with a 15 year old...it's still ongoing. Still just a steaming pile of sh*t, phony-baloney investigation. All just part of a grander plan...no serious investigation. The FBI is just a corrupt mess...nothing more.

From what I understand thats (Wener sexting) not a part of the FBI investigation but a NYPD investigation. The FBI were involved because of the Clinton emails that were found.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Honestly for this sort of thing, someone needs to go find some crusty old judge from the bassackwards end of hicksville whom no one knows but everyone in his stomping ground agrees is always fair and impartial. Then they dump all the necessary stuff on him in his little old courtroom and bring him everything and everyone he says he wants until he renders his judgment.

And NO PRESS until he's finished.

Sounds like "My Cousin Vinny" meets "All The Presidents Men"...you should pitch that script

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join