It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Appoints Special Counsel In Russia Probe

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Key Democratic Officials Now Warning Base Not to Expect Evidence of Trump/Russia Collusion

Well what do you know.. The bs russia collusion story is falling apart...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I tell you this, many of those walking out of the briefing today didn't look very happy.

I hope you are right.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I don't know, I often feel I'm being put in a particular box myself. I am labeled with attributes that are broadly cast and often don't fit me at all.
I don't label people as a cast though I often judge them individually. I may not be 100% capable but I try not to label people as conservative or liberal. Though only here are they dirty words. In any other venue these adjectives would be positive . Weird huh?
My own label for me is an outdoors kind of girl. I like dirty hands.
I also wear the label of pretty good cook. I grow some of our food.
I love to sing and I love to dance.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I have no problem with this...

I am just curious if he comes back and says... nope trump is as clean as a globe spanning business guy can be... will those that are convinced he is satan incarnate accept it, or demand he be strung up by his toe nails.

All good with whatever Mueller concludes...as long as his conclusion isn't pre-empted by Trump/Sessions firing him.

We'll see. A Democrat senator has just asked for another independent commission, adding to the fruit cake Pelosi's attempts to undermine Mueller before he even starts

The independent commission is separate from Trump Collusion and prosecution of folks like Flynn...and whoever he might roll over on..

The independent commission is focused on bi-partisan solutions for cyber-security as Russia has increased their hacking in elections not just here, but across Europe.

....once the realisation hits you that Trump is safe and sound. Like I said, we'll see.

uh...Ok...

Rosenstein Briefing Suggests Russia Probe Now Criminal

"I think the shot to the body is it's now considered a criminal investigation," Republican Senator Lindsey Graham, a former military prosecutor, said as he exited the closed-door briefing in the basement of the Capitol. 

www.msn.com...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Politics aside...That article was 90% fat and 10% substance...

Be good to your brain.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Democrat leaders seem to be involved with everything except working to win a race.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Sometimes, those desperate to achieve an unlikely outcome will go too far. That seems to have happened to the Democrats.

As I said during the election, anyone who can scare both parties has to be doing something right. Since the announcement of Mueller as independent council, the mood in DC has changed. It's becoming more somber... in my mind, that says both parties are scared of Mueller.

I've been trying to get a handle on exactly what makes this guy tick. He doesn't seem to talk much, but he has a stoic expression and piercing eyes that, to me, indicate he is constantly thinking. He's bucked sitting Presidents twice... Bush over warrantless domestic wire-tapping, and Obama over terrorist POW transfers to American soil. Bush and Obama are opposite polarities politically, so that tells me Mueller is not beholden to either party.

The thing that bothers me is that he kept his position as FBI Director under both... actually got it extended two years under Obama. How exactly, in that cesspool called DC, does that happen after he stood firmly against both on key issues? The only answer I can come up with is he had something on both of them. J. Edgar Hoover turned the FBI into a criminal database of dirt on politicians during his tenure; that is accepted fact. Who is to say that Hoover's policies stopped with his tenure? Perhaps this is how Mueller kept his job, and why most FBI Directors serve on past their President's term. The adage about not upsetting the Intel community just might have its roots in the amount of criminal evidence being held on politicians. Let's be honest; politicians are not exactly stellar examples of the best mankind has... the rate of allegations and indictments on various politicians in history attests to that.

Comey's firing was a shock to most politicians, because they couldn't believe anyone could be so dumb as to fire someone who could hang them with evidence of wrongdoing...but Trump wasn't a politician until recently. I'm sure he has a dossier, but it doesn't appear it is extensive. If so, Comey could have played hardball, but he apparently had no ammunition.

Now Mueller has everything Comey had... little to nothing on Trump, but a lot on the regular politicians infesting DC. He doesn't strike me as the kind if guy who enjoys listening to diarrhea of the mouth, so he may have made a threat to Congress: shut your traps or I'll make sure your yammering never gets beyond the penitentiary walls. I have noticed that a couple of relatively unknown Congressmen have still been making crazy noise about immediate impeachment, and the resident entitled one, Nancy Pelosi, is still spouting off, but others have gone silent. Even Republicans have gotten somber. I noticed Graham, in his statement, said the case may have turned criminal, but he never who the potential criminals were.

In short, I am starting to think Mueller may be ready to expand the investigation into Trump, Clinton, Sanders, and anyone else in the campaign. After all, who can stop him? Trump has no power to do so and he could make Wikileaks look like the National Enquirer if he chose to do so. Congress doesn't dare cross him.

But the Democrats started a furor with the Trump/Russia collusion that has now taken on a life of its own. It's no longer in the hands of the Democrat hierarchy... I doubt even the liberal media outlets could kill it. And it just might anger the Mueller enough to get some folks taken down hard. And with 2018 approaching, that could completely demolish what's left of the Democratic Party.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Lol.
Rosenstein once again confirmed that this is an investigation and that he is not implying and criminality.
Old Lindsay is worried he'll have his toys taken away from his own day job.

Don't worry, you'll eventually realise that Trump is not getting impeached and it will hurt for a while, but hopefully you'll use the practice from Nov 8th to speed up your recovery time.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Graham: I Believe Clinton Operatives Emailed Justice Dept During Email Probe

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) made a surprise statement Thursday on "America's News HQ," saying he believes operatives in the Clinton campaign emailed the Justice Department during the email investigation.

Graham said he has "reason to believe" the communications exist and said he would like to see them turned over to the Senate Judiciary Committee, of which he is a member.

click link for article...

an interesting development...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Corrupt DOJ, hope they go down for it.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Listening to the statements that are coming out, I'm also starting to think Trump made the right decision to not go after Clinton when he got elected. Why go through the establishment to expose her when all he had to do was let the establishment take her down themselves.

Two weeks after getting his DoJ in place, Rosenstein writes a letter recommending Comey's dismissal. Trump fires him, completely without warning. A dunce could see what was coming next: an uproar from the establishment. The first backlash was allegations he tried to interfere in the Russia investigation. Trump's response: better hope there are no tape recordings! Suddenly there's an uproar about secret tapes, although never has Trump admitted they exist. Next move was to combat those tapes with memos from Comey found in the FBI.

Never once did I hear Comey go up against Trump. It was unnamed sources and Comey associates. Comey kept quiet.

Once the uproar reached a fever pitch, Rosenstein dropped the kill shot: Robert Mueller. Once he was in, he had full control over the investigation. The Democrats got what they demanded, Trump lost... or did he?

None of us know if there was actually collusion between Trump and Putin. Some believe there was; others (including me) do not. Now we'll find out... and in the process, find out where the leaks are coming from and if anyone else (Clinton?) was implicated in the scandals. Mueller's jurisdiction is collusion to sway the election between Trump and Russia, but he has the authority to expand that. The attempt to sway was claimed to be by revealing Clinton's emails and hacking the DNC. It would be completely expected that the investigation would at least touch on this. If that leads to improper emails between the DNC and the DoJ, then that could expand the jurisdiction as well.

Trump didn't need to go after Clinton. Instead, he played the establishment like a cheap harmonica to get them to hang her, and possibly themselves as well. If so, the man is a genius manipulator.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Don't worry, you'll eventually realise that Trump is not getting impeached and it will hurt for a while, but hopefully you'll use the practice from Nov 8th to speed up your recovery time.

Special Counsel/Prosecutors traditionally move slow.
I expect this to run 1 to 3 years with multiple indictments along the way. Flynn will be first up.
Whether Trump resigns, is impeached or tries to run again in 2020...all OK with me.
I am OK with the timing as well.
Trump wanted this to be dropped and instead it is starting anew with a fresh, independent, highly qualified Dedicated investigator.
Let all the facts come out in their own time and the cards land where they may.

No rush..
edit on 19-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Is that like a memo?

Isn't this thread also supposed to be about trump?
Why is it that every thread I click on about trump and the Russians turns out to not be about trump and the Russians at all but about Hillary?
You guys are obsessed with her. Get over it she lost.
Now you need to deal with the thing in the Whitehouse.
I understand you don't want to talk about him. Kind of turns my stomach too.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Because Clinton / DNC / Democrats started the whole Russia thing, including accusing TRump of colluding with them and claiming the hacked emails was done by russia to help Trump.

This is why Democrats are screwed. While they demand an investigation into Trump - Russia they seem to have forgotten they were the ones who cried russia, meaning it all gets looked at. Like the "hacked DNC server" that the DNC refused FBI access to.

They made the claims so its only fair to examine what evidence (none) they had to make those claims. Why do you think Democrats / left wing media are all of a sudden backpedaling?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

The Russians started the Russian thing by hacking the DNC.

Give me a frigging break.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

No need to speculate on Comey and Mueller...this article is absolutely fascinating.

Trump tried to get rid of one FBI Director and now he has to deal with two.

What Donald Trump Needs to Know About Bob Mueller and Jim Comey

www.politico.com...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Because Clinton / DNC / Democrats started the whole Russia thing...

Stunning some people can still think that way..

RUSSIA started the "Russia Thing"...TRUMP started the Trump+Russia thing...

That is basic, fundamental reality, like gravity..

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

There is no evidence that Russia started anything and certainly Trump did not start the collusion rumours. That was all Clinton and the DNC, who were upset their emails came into public view.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

There is no evidence that Russia started anything

They conducted a wide ranging and aggressive campaign aimed at interfering with the 2016 election.

and certainly Trump did not start the collusion rumours.

Trump campaign officials and staff had repeated contacts with Russian Officials and then lied publicly about it.

That is reality...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I dunno... I like doing my own speculating instead of letting others do it for me.

Trump tried to get rid of one FBI Director and now he has to deal with two.

No, Trump did get rid of one FBI Director and now he hasn't got to deal with anyone. Trump does not control Mueller. I guess you missed that.

As for Politico... I read it until I saw this:

President Trump impulsively fired Comey in the hope that it would shut down the Russia investigation
Source: www.politico.com...

It started out reading like a novel... where is their evidence that Comey was thinking this or Mueller was thinking that? No matter, when I got to the quote above, I stopped. Done. Biased, sensationalized article with no facts, unless they slipped up and buried a few among the propaganda. How did they determine Trump's thoughts? Does Politico employ mentalists? How can a firing that was first condemned for taking too long now be called "impulsive"?

This is reality I am discussing. What is, is. A novel on a biased website that purports to know the inner thoughts of people no one there has likely even seen in real life is not reality. My speculation may be just that, speculation, but every post I make is supported with historical facts or insight on likely human behavior. Your rebuttals are online novels. Poorly written novels at that.

Try thinking.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join