It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the end of blood donation?Scientists close to unlimited supply from stem cells

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

The problem I see with the US based blood system is it has been turned into a profit center.

There are blood drives all the time-churches-schools-colleges. You get a cookie.

The only cheaper natural resource that I have read about lately is Nestle in Mecosta county Michigan getting millions of gallons of water for $200 to sell for billions in bottled water.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Do people not just give blood for altruistic reasons in the US then?
Here in the UK you get a cup of tea and biscuits, or cake if you're lucky lol.
Brits give blood to save lives, not for payment.

Yes, people give blood for altruistic reasons in the US. We have the 'BloodMobile" that goes around and people give. They really start with the kids in High School. They actually like to give. Makes them feel good that they have done something important. They give you a Coke and a cookie and a little sticker that says "I gave blood today"!

They do have places like the Plasma Center that pays for plasma.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
@ Seasonal & Khaleesi

Cheers for the info, it's good to know people don't just donate for $10.

It's apples and oranges UK/US though, the NHS is tax funded and the NHS runs the blood donor system.
Community halls/churches provide the venues and cookies with a cup of tea.

Lab grown blood may be the fantastic future, but I will miss that feeling of knowing another human was helped to live with my own blood.

<< 1   >>

join