It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Holy Dammit!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

What the....? A bit intense but oh well, fervor and religion I suppose

The baby's face at 21 sec mark is priceless, haha

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Immersion baptism. I'm glad they are waiting until the kiddos can hold their heads up nice and strong, but I guess you would want to make sure you do it quickly to avoid them inhaling water into their lungs and that's probably why they're turned upside down too.

And doing it quickly makes it over before they're too sure what's going on.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yea that makes sense kets, but it still looks slapstick funny!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist
The Emperor Constantine V is known in history as "KOPRONYMOS" because of the story that he disgraced himself in the baptismal water as he was being baptised. Holding the baby upside-down would help to keep the water clean, in the event of a repetition.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
😕.. I would not have allowed my infant to be baptized this way !!!

They were held over font and water gently poured over the crown of their heads.

Not sure I even agree with infant baptism .. I think a dedication to God until they become adults and can make that choice for themselves seems to make more sense to me.. though many may disagree with me.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I did not know,learn something everyday here. Although in the vid the bottom half of baby gets submerged, but I guess that's why they do it quickly. Still I wouldn't want my baby to be dipped unless the water was fresh each time.

Thanks

edit on 17-5-2017 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I should add, in case I accidentally start a false story, that I wasn't suggesting this as a conscious motive for holding the baby upside-down. Only as a side-effect.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye
Yea that's how our Methodist church baptized infants, a trickle of water over head. This method in vid seems a bit crazy, but hey, who are we to judge?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I think it depends on the theology of the sect. Some believe that a person must be baptized as soon as possible because the ceremony itself is what is necessary. Others see the ceremony more as an outward sign of an inner dedication and condition, so that's why they prefer to wait until a person makes the conscious choice.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: waftist
Yea that's how our Methodist church baptized infants, a trickle of water over head. This method in vid seems a bit crazy, but hey, who are we to judge?

I'm a mom and I reserve the right to judge any action that seems to purposely jolt and frighten an infant in the name of a loving God.

Sorry.. but I just wanted to snatch that baby right out that clerics hands.. can't help
it 😕

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

As if the transition from the womb to the world isn't bad enough the baby then has to put up with this trauma on it's spine.
Child abuse as its finest - (shaken baby syndrome?)

BTW infant baptism and non-consensual baptism isn't even biblical.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Touche' and understandable Sheye, no need for apology.
My "judgement" comment was meant tongue in cheek

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

If that video wasn't taken in a church, this would be considered physical abuse of the infant. What's wrong with just pouring a small amount of water on the head of the infant? It's religious practices like this that make me question religion altogether.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

uhm...

Holy crap?

wtf did i just see here...

top topics

join