It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiverse: have astronomers found evidence of parallel universes?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
We each live in our own universe, when I die in yours, I'm still living in mine. When you die in mine, your still living in yours. The dumb decision I made today, I didn't do in the the universe next door. But all of this to the infinite degree. All these universes are linked together, however the further apart one is to another the more different they are being the same.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The cold spot could also be a void with an incredibly huge black hole at the center. This theory says that it attracted and swallowed up everything around if for light years. I think a much more plausible, because it is something that we know exists, just not as huge as this is.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Its called wehavenoeffingidea matter.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

I think you may be right. We all seem to live our own lives ---with others if you know what I mean.

I sometimes wonder if when I leave a room if it is still "there" in other words is everything as it seems.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: watchitburn

When and how are they ever going to prove this?

I can't imagine what the equations look like that are used to try to prove this, and what is proof going to look like?

Quantum Chrono Dynamics
wikimedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

The proof would be able to recreate the formation of a small area of the universe, which would look like this:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Its called wehavenoeffingidea matter.

That maybe the closest thing, but the grant funded scientist will not say that.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The only way there can be a beginning and end is if the beginning and end start at the same place And in-between the beginning and end is what we are looking for .Sorry had a thought wanted to share before I forget it lol
edit on 5/17/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: add

edit on 5/17/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Time has no beginning or end, in the future we will be the creators of our own past.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LockNLoad

Time has no beginning or end, in the future we will be the creators of our own past.
Could be.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LockNLoad

Time is a unit of measurement .

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Doh!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

You get a star for making me chuckle lol

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
What's interesting is another Universe could have completely different laws of physics, and colors. Especially if we could never see it.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

Time is a unit of measurement .

"Time" is not a unit of measurement, it is the word used to describe the units.

A bit like "length" which is not the unit but the word used to describe the units like inch, mile, millemeter etc.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
Fascinating. Thanks for sharing.

Some have suggested that there may be some problems with the reliability of red shift. And that could explain anomalies like this or dark matter.

Perhaps another "big bang" off in the distance of space created a decelleration of the redshift at that point we see, therefore cancelling out the redshift in that area to create the apparent void/cold spot.
edit on 18/5/2017 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I've got a couple of problems with this cold spot being evidence of another universe.

Number one, an alternate universe is not in another "dimension" of our universe, it is a separate reality with it's own separate dimensions.

Two, an alternate universe is alternate because it is outside of our own universe, not a part of - entirely separate. There can be no evidence for the existence of an alternate universe, it would be something from our own universe or it wouldn't exist.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I really don't think we are capable of understanding even in my own Theory's it's endless beginnings and ends not talking time but beginning and ends of universes the only thing I can think of is whats holding the Beginning and Ends together is Infinity I kinda laughed last night - Because Disney got it right in to Infinity and Beyond- I just can't wrap my mind around ends with nothing beyond It's forever and gets stranger as we get further.

edit on 5/18/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

When I was younger and more... chemically inclined I used to lay out in fields and just stare at the nite sky, and try to imagine the universe, I don't really recommend that as it can lead to existential knots.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: nerbot

I really don't think we are capable of understanding even in my own Theory's it's endless beginnings and ends not talking time but beginning and ends of universes the only thing I can think of is whats holding the Beginning and Ends together is Infinity I kinda laughed last night - Because Disney got it right in to Infinity and Beyond- I just can't wrap my mind around ends with nothing beyond It's forever and gets stranger as we get further.

It is somewhat consoling to think of space/time as a circular linked list. Conceptually, there is only one entry that points back to itself. You add something, and the first thing now points to it, and "it" points back to the first thing. Now there is no real beginning or end, as things get added in a similar fashion. The tail always points to the source, but the physical reality of "Beginning" and "End" is lost. To the observer, it is an unlimited resource which we just call infinity.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: Moresby
Fascinating. Thanks for sharing.

Some have suggested that there may be some problems with the reliability of red shift. And that could explain anomalies like this or dark matter.

Perhaps another "big bang" off in the distance of space created a decelleration of the redshift at that point we see, therefore cancelling out the redshift in that area to create the apparent void/cold spot.

I like the way you're thinking.

It could well be something of that nature.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join