It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump vows to keep fighting in commencement speech to Coast Guard Academy Grads

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Link

THIS is why I voted for Trump. He is willing to do what is needed and does not care who he pisses off and by taking a look at the press for the last few months we know this is true.

The president made his remarks during his commencement address at the Coast Guard Academy in Connecticut, offering his advice to the graduates. “You will find that thing happen to you that you do not deserve and that are not always warranted, but you have to put your head down and fight, fight, fight.” Trump said. “Never ever, ever give up. Things will work out just fine.”

Here we have a president that is telling people to work hard and keep trying. Push aside the pundits and fight hard for what you believe in. It is what he did to get elected. He did not back down and beat them all.

The president encouraged cadets to fight hard for what they believed in. “You can’t let them get you down,” he said. “You can’t let the critics and the naysayers get in the way of your dreams.” Trump’s remarks drew cheers and applause from the crowd, as he explained that he would continue to fight, pointing out that he won the election by doing just that. “The more righteous your fight, the more opposition you will face,” he said. Trump boasted that he had already brought back jobs back into the country, appointed a new Supreme Court Justice and invested heavily into the military. He also spoke about his efforts to reduce job killing regulations and his success slowing illegal border crossings.

But this last line is why we should continue to believe in him.

“I didn’t get elected to serve the Washington media or special interests,” he said. “I got elected to serve the forgotten men and women of our country, and that’s what I’m doing.”

It is what he is doing. SO enough with the HATE. #, I did not like Obama for 8 years but I did not want him impeached. I wanted him to try to work with everyone but he had an agenda with the same people trying to take down Trump and we are not paying for it.

Remember all of these tools....

MAGA

edit on 05pm31pmf0000002017-05-17T13:38:34-05:000134 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Link

THIS is why I voted for Trump. He is willing to do what is needed and does not care who he pisses off and by taking a look at the press for the last few months we know this is true.

The president made his remarks during his commencement address at the Coast Guard Academy in Connecticut, offering his advice to the graduates. “You will find that thing happen to you that you do not deserve and that are not always warranted, but you have to put your head down and fight, fight, fight.” Trump said. “Never ever, ever give up. Things will work out just fine.”

Here we have a president that is telling people to work hard and keep trying. Push aside the pundits and fight hard for what you believe in. It is what he did to get elected. He did not back down and beat them all.

The president encouraged cadets to fight hard for what they believed in. “You can’t let them get you down,” he said. “You can’t let the critics and the naysayers get in the way of your dreams.” Trump’s remarks drew cheers and applause from the crowd, as he explained that he would continue to fight, pointing out that he won the election by doing just that. “The more righteous your fight, the more opposition you will face,” he said. Trump boasted that he had already brought back jobs back into the country, appointed a new Supreme Court Justice and invested heavily into the military. He also spoke about his efforts to reduce job killing regulations and his success slowing illegal border crossings.

But this last line is why we should continue to believe in him.

“I didn’t get elected to serve the Washington media or special interests,” he said. “I got elected to serve the forgotten men and women of our country, and that’s what I’m doing.”

It is what he is doing. SO enough with the HATE. #, I did not like Obama for 8 years but I did not want him impeached. I wanted him to try to work with everyone but he had an agenda with the same people trying to take down Trump and we are not paying for it.

Remember all of these tools....

MAGA
TRUMPY is good for the US and its folk. Screw the media and their masters!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
S & F

Great post!

My esteem for Trump has actually gone UP since I proudly checked the box for him back in November. He is standing his ground against the entire Alt-Left, entrenched Deep State, liberal MSM, turncoat RINOs like "Songbird" McCain, all while systematically making progress on his agenda.

This is how he plays The Game. He allows his adversaries to paint themselves into corners that they can't get out of and then simply goes around them. The left has no clue how badly they're being rolled right now.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I just wonder when the left will offer him a chance to either pass or fail on his own. At this point, no matter what happens, he wouldn't have had much of a chance, due to having to fight the insiders just to get back to square one.

If they are so sure he won't make it, let him prove that he can or cannot do it. The resources being put into subverting democracy could be used to do some amazing things. Sadly, they are not.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It takes a President with a (American) steel spine to stand up against the establishment/Alt-Left media swamp.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

"I support the right of the protesters, God bless 'em. They are out here protesting. I'm out here supporting my president. We are all getting along so far," said Laura Lovell of Centerbrook, who was among hundreds in the park.

It seems like the crazies have sizzled out.

It's good to see this not turn into a mess of violence/stupidity.

Not a fan of Trump but it was a good speech, no denying that. Definitely a good message to send to people regarding to giving up and following their dreams.

Regardless of who says it, if that strikes you the wrong way, there's something wrong with you.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
"Keep fighting" by which he means keep lying and throwing friends and allies under the bus.

Trump knows nothing of real fighting. And he has five draft deferments to prove it.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
"Keep fighting" by which he means keep lying and throwing friends and allies under the bus.

Trump knows nothing of real fighting. And he has five draft deferments to prove it.

We are already at war. I already choose my side what about you?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: Moresby

We are already at war. I already choose my side what about you?

And what side is that?

Defense of a crazy, criminal pretend billionaire who works for Putin?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

THIS is why I voted for Trump.

Because he's a whiner who can't stop talking about himself? Well done.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

So you voted for Trump because he talks a lot?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

If he is not backing off that means he have nothing to hide, I know he is not the kind that will retrieve to sulk in darkness, Washington snakes do not like that one bit.

That is why they are going after him like mad men and women.

Let see how everything ends up.

I was very surprise with the ferocity that he said those words.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Trump isn't backing off because he never backs off. Not because he is right or wrong. That is how he has always operated. Fight fight fight at all costs and no matter who you step on to secure the victory. Using his willingness to continue to fight is NOT evidence that he isn't hiding anything.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well let see the prove should we, can not have a good debate with speculations only, I mean the media is doing that already for us.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Awesome thread and I totally agree.

How can any leftist liberal take this on and spin it?

I've never felt more proud about our President until Trump came onto the scene, no holds bar approach, love it.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

A whiner shuts up. He is not whining. He is pissed.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Trump isn't backing off because he never backs off. Not because he is right or wrong. That is how he has always operated. Fight fight fight at all costs and no matter who you step on to secure the victory.

You're right....I also bet he does not bow down to any world leaders on his tour and tout how we need a better relationship with Islam.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I voted fro Trump because he was the only one who will fight. No concession. I do not give a f how politics worked in the past it is time for a change and he is it...

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I think it's pathetic that he brought up his own media woes that brings on himself. If he let his press team stand on their statements we wouldn't be where we are now. Instead they come out and lie and the next morning he tweets the truth and screws himself!

It was their day, not his. Disgraceful.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

See, what I got out of it was never quit. He was telling them that no matter the odds you keep going. Nothing negative. It was an analogy by using the media which is easy to show an uphill battle. Trump started his presidency with 4 and 60 on his own 3 yard line. Just like the election it will eventually subside and our country can move forward. # the press for their actions and continuing to divide the country. Trump isn't? Hell, he cannot even get an EO to move forward without someone 'thinking' it is a bad idea as a judge and blocking it. No precedence except saying that some it is a Muslim ban when it was not.

And, a big finger to the establishment. I have honestly never seen anything like what is happening.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join