It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Comey Memo, Legal facts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
Just let the Man do his job.

Why is everybody attacking the ELECTED president?

Come up with better ideas and policies and in 4 years minus 120 days you are up.

What if Al Copone had been elected.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: SBMcG

It is also a violation of the records act since he did not include these notes in his official FBI records as required.

Nice catch! I forgot about that one. That in and of itself is likely an actionable felony.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I wasn't necessarily referring to a surprise that might rescue him, although that could happen too.

If, for example, Trump made a big, world changing announcement, like, '5000 hidden technologies will be released to help fight poverty in the US and abroad', for example. Then I believe that the focus could easily be pulled away from the way he is running the country.

Government Secrecy Order has Stifled Over 5,000 Patents

However, I think it is much more likely that he will not make any earth changing announcements, but that, because of his hubris, he will continue along the rocky road he is already on. And then he will fall!

All Spider-Man fans will recognize the line, “With great power comes great responsibility.” We need to act now on that maxim’s converse: When great power is placed in the hands of one who cannot be trusted to act responsibly, we must take that power back.

edit on 17-5-2017 by antoinemarionette because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I'm fine with Comey being indicted under the records act... this guy's done some stuff that I perceive as wholly reprehensible. But that in no way gives Trump a free pass. It just makes them both guilty.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The issue isn't what Comey did.

He isn't President. And now he's not even FBI director.

It's what Trump did.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
The issue isn't what Comey did.

He isn't President. And now he's not even FBI director.

It's what Trump did.

Ummm...or more importantly...with the very limited facts...what is percieved or surmised or spun...

Those are the only ingredients required in a largish number of minds...in order for that particular gel to...set...

YouSir

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Comey is on record, under oath, planly stating that no FBI investigation has ever been impeded by any official asking it be stopped for political reasons.

This testimony is after the date the alleged memo was written.

HIRONO: So if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

COMEY: In theory yes.

HIRONO: Has it happened?

COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that -- without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it.But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.

edit on 17-5-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
"The Hill" article is attempting to making everybody automatically believe the memo story is true.

I think there is no memo in this context.

Xuenchen correct me if I'm wrong here.

This alleged memo in question is supposedly a note written by Comey. The contents of the memo is of what Comey recalled of what was said in a conversation between himself and President Trump. Correct?

Can anyone explain the significance of such an alleged memo even if it indeed does exist?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join