It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News can’t get Republicans to defend Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
He announced the creation of a new election regulatory committee, one that will target election fraud from both sides.

This is only and advisory committee with no real power, additionally, most Republicans, as evidenced by the previous election cycle, are on board with this.

His very presence in office has deterred illegal immigration by 50% in the past 6 months.

How does targeting illegals differ from the Republican Party platform?

In fact, he has already moved the very first piece of the border wall in place to Arizona.

See above.

The poster I was replying to made the allusion to the fact that Trump was implementing policy that ran counter to both parties, this is not accurate.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Guess what...I'm about to start another thread with Rawstory sourced.

That made me

Gotta love freedom. to your next thread Olaru.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: olaru12

What non biased source do you recommend?

None.

Your entire approach to stories is backwards.

How can the "truth" be backwards?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No one in the GOP but Trump wanted a boarder wall. No one in the GOP primaries was even talking about immigration until Trump came on the scene. In fact, most of them came out in fierce opposition to Trump's stance on illegal immigration, citing racism. How ironic that these were the same GOP contenders that were on the take from Soros.

I can't possibly see how you could argue otherwise, knowing that open borders is a globalist (aka neocon/neolib) policy.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: olaru12

Guess what...I'm about to start another thread with Rawstory sourced.

That made me

Gotta love freedom. to your next thread Olaru.

I'm happy you are amused. That's just a small part of my purpose in life.

Here's a preview....enjoy!

www.rawstory.com...

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

No one in the GOP but Trump wanted a boarder wall. No one in the GOP primaries was even talking about immigration until Trump came on the scene.

The GOP is all for what Trump is saying:

Immigration

Immigrants have undeniably made great contributions to our country, but any national immigration policy must put the interests of our existing citizens first. To start, our border must be absolutely secured and illegal immigration must be stopped. Then, and only then, can we begin reforming our system in a way that lets new immigrants experience the American Dream without causing economic hardships to American citizens.

To claim, as the other poster did, that Trump's policies are unsettling Republicans is dishonest.

I can't possibly see how you could argue otherwise, knowing that open borders is a globalist (aka neocon/neolib) policy.

Because it is the stated party platform.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: sooth

exactly...

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Show me where in the GOP platform they mention building a border wall?

Securing the border and actually installing a 'whole' one are two different things, do you disagree?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Show me where in the GOP platform they mention building a border wall?

Securing the border and actually installing a 'whole' one are two different things, do you disagree?

I do disagree, because during the election cycle it was made clear that 'securing the border' meant building a wall. That was the Republican Party platform.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Were there any other GOP hopefuls besides Trump that proposed or supported the building of a border wall?

edit on 5/17/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Insight into the cognitive dissonance of Trumpism:

Trump is really starting to make changes to the f-ed system...

Asked what changes are happening:

Not saying they are happening

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Were there any other GOP hopefuls besides Trump that proposed or supported the building of a border wall?

Of course there were:

TED CRUZ
The Texas senator pledges on his website to “build a wall that works,” and to “complete the wall,” though he offers no specifics as to how he would do so.

MARCO RUBIO
The Florida senator says the most vulnerable sectors of the southwest border must be secured, according to his website. During the Republican debate in September, in response to a question, he said that “we must secure our border, the physical border, with a wall, absolutely.”

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Insight into the cognitive dissonance of Trumpism:

Never ask questions, just take everything at face value.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Loving this discourse.

Neither of them (Cruz & Rubio) wanted a border wall, they just wanted a secure border.

In fact, Marco Rubio was one of the first Republicans to hop on the racist bandwagon with respect to a border wall along Mexico.

Cruz only supported a crackdown on immigration after he witnessed Trump's resounding success in that campaign arena. And in your own source, Cruz offered no specifics as to how he would do so.

Rubio only called for sections of the southwest border to be secure.

Come on, you're a lawyer, or something. I know you know the legal dance these two senators were doing at the time. They teetered on the fine line of contradicting their establishment party's agenda and winning over Trump's GOP constituency.

A very fine line, indeed.

edit: bottom line is, the GOP establishment and the DNC establishment are one in the same and they both came out guns blazing against Trump, because his vision of sovereignty threatened their vision of a one world currency and a one world government.

edit on 5/17/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Neither of them (Cruz & Rubio) wanted a border wall, they just wanted a secure border.

Nooooooooooooo, neither one said 'build a wall' that's FAKE NEWS!!!!

You have the rather clear quotes above, interpret them as you wish.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Cruz = Trump parrot

Rubio = Manboy owned by the Neocons

Neither one of them had any intention of completing a border wall. Only Cruz was daring enough to attempt integrating Trump's policy (one of which that got him elected) into his own, but the people saw right through that.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Neither one of them had any intention of completing a border wall.

I see, well, I am not about to start telling you what other people are thinking.

Only Cruz was daring enough to attempt integrating Trump's policy...

Which pretty much disproves the other poster's point that Trump is going it alone and is some sort of rebel, there were other Republican's saying the exact same thing.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Which pretty much disproves the other poster's point that Trump is going it alone and is some sort of rebel, there were other Republican's saying the exact same thing imitating success.

I fixed it for you.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Semantics.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Spoken like a lawyer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>