It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's disclosure endangered spy placed inside ISIS by Israel, officials say

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
ABC

The life of a spy placed by Israel inside ISIS is at risk tonight, according to current and former U.S. officials, after President Donald Trump reportedly disclosed classified information in a meeting with Russian officials last week.

The spy provided intelligence involving an active ISIS plot to bring down a passenger jet en route to the United States, with a bomb hidden in a laptop that U.S. officials believe can get through airport screening machines undetected. The information was reliable enough that the U.S. is considering a ban on laptops on all flights from Europe to the United States.

This is the heart of the problem. Not whether Trump did anything illegal. He can declassify anything he wants. The real issue is endangering embedded spies and burning trust. McMaster claims Trump didn't know the source of intel. All the more reason to keep your mouth shut.

The plot involving explosive laptops was already well known, nothing needed to be said about how the plot was uncovered. Russia is allied with Iran, Israel's greatest enemy. Israel barring choice (military aid dollars) came out today stating that they still have full confidence in the US/Israel relationship including intelligence sharing. I have a feeling though that those intelligence wells are going to be running dry and that we have lost or damaged a valuable tool in the fight against ISIS.

+17 more 
posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

It was debunked by one of the generals that were attending the so call meeting, where Trump supposedly leaked information to the Russians.

Is a hoax news as usual.

No wrong doing

+2 more 
posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

It wasn't in the least bit debunked. Trump and McMaster both have said they shared intelligence with the Russians. What they are trying to deny is that Trump did anything stupid or wrong. "Wholly appropriate" is lingo for legal. What Trump did was perfectly legal, it was just very stupid for the reasons I stated in my OP.

+5 more 
posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

And so Obama during his administration, what is the difference? oh, I forgot is Trump.

The Washington Post Of All Places, June 30th 2016, Headline:

U.S. offers to share Syria intelligence on terrorists with Russia

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Obama was a president, Trump is not president I guess I see the bias by the media sensationalism.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

So what was said?

Does anyone know?

Gin

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

In time we should know what actually was said there. Putin is so kind to share the actual records.

+12 more 
posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Did you ever stop and think that no one would have known about any Intel sharing, and their spy in ISIS would be just fine if people weren't trying to leak info on this type of thing just to hurt trump. The hatred knows no bounds these days and it has become a case of "anything to hurt trump regardless of the best interests of our country". The blind hate is dangerous and really needs to simmer down.
edit on 17-5-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gin

Looks like the Ruskis will make the MSM look like fools.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Do you not understand the difference between this:

The Obama administration has offered to help Russia improve its targeting of terrorist groups in Syria if Moscow will stop bombing civilians and opposition fighters who have signed on to a cease-fire and use its influence to force Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to do the same.

Washington Post

and blurting out revealing details about how a terror plot was uncovered?

Gin
+7 more 
posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Russia: We are happy to give you all the records

FBI: We are happy to give you the memos

Democrats/Liberals/Israeli Stooges: NO NO NO, WE DON'T NEED TO SEE THE EVIDENCE. IT'S NOT NECESSARY. WE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. SOURCES SAY!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Location is all I've read. Whether that was the location of where the spy is from or the location of where the spy was embedded.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

There went the coffee out my nose!!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Exactly. We don't know anything. Doubt the media does either but they sure keep pushing this agenda.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

You realize he didn't publicly blurt anything right...People with the intention of smearing him and hurting his ability to carry out his job did. He had a meeting with a diplomatic official in the security of the freaking white house.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

It's sad that you have more faith in the former head of the KGB, master of propaganda over Americans that realize Trump is dangerous. Of course Putin wants Trump to stay where he is. Cuck cuck.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

The leak has been confirmed as correct in several aspects so far.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Confirmed how? Compared to what?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Yes confirmed as in some ignorant jackass decided it would be a good idea to make this public leaking it to the media with the intention of trying to make him look bad...Him sharing Intel is a normal thing and well within his right as president.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

If my memory serves, this isn't the first time Trump has done this. He clumsily outed some counter intelligence US agents when he got intel about Russian interference in the election, then a bunch of Russians started showing up dead and 3 high profile Kremlin officials were arrested, never to be heard from again.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Not with Russia, not burning a source, not in the Oval Office, not without American Press.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join