It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JAMES COMEY says President Trump Asked Him to JAIL JOURNALISTS for Leaking Classified Info.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike.Ockizard
Again, opinion is nice, I prefer facts thanks but if you must post opinion, please make it clear that is what you are doing.

Obviously I'm referring to your assumption that a prosecution was likely in this particular case and that she got a free pass from Comey for reasons unknown, and obviously still unknown otherwise surely Trump would have kept his promise (I know, don't laugh) and she would have been prosecuted by now.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
He specifically said he could not show they had intent. SOURCE

According to the statute I posted on this thread, intent doesn't apply. Sounds like a get out of jail card to me. They could have at least disciplined her somehow with a fine or revoking any clearance she may still have.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted
Earlier this week Trey Gowdy mentioned there was a reason he did what he did with Hillary but he couldn't talk about it. In the interview it is suggested that the reason had to do with Comey taking the decision away from DOJ because there is collusion between DOJ and Clinton.

This doesn't change his decision to not prosecute. That was his decision. And as for a free ride for Hillary, she avoided charges because of his, IMO, flawed decision.

I read today that there was also an IG investigation going on at the same time. Maybe they were the ones investigating Clinton/DOJ collusion or maybe it was Comey. We shall see.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Jailing journalists won't stop the leaks, but it would deter them from taking those leak(s), and publicizing them to every terrorist, or other people who can use that information to do harm.
Why is it so hard to find the leakers?

For instance, the leak about Trump speaking with the Russians and the intel that was supposedly given to them about the laptop bombs.

There couldn't have been that many people that knew what was said in the room, why can't they figure out who it is?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
And here's another story about the other investigation mentioned in my last post:
Bigger Investigation into Clinton Going on

edit on 19-5-2017 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Well sonny. Given how it turned out I'd say you were what I call wrong. Lol.
She's not in jail. To state the obvious...

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike.Ockizard
Earlier this week Trey Gowdy mentioned there was a reason he did what he did with Hillary but he couldn't talk about it. In the interview it is suggested that the reason had to do with Comey taking the decision away from DOJ because there is collusion between DOJ and Clinton.

This doesn't change his decision to not prosecute. That was his decision. And as for a free ride for Hillary, she avoided charges because of his, IMO, flawed decision.

I read today that there was also an IG investigation going on at the same time. Maybe they were the ones investigating Clinton/DOJ collusion or maybe it was Comey. We shall see.

Gowdy left that hanging there with zero proof though, don't you think?

Again, lots of opinion, very nice, little fact? Well, kind of what is to be expected in the political arena of ATS, isn't it?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

And here's another story about the other investigation mentioned in my last post:

From Gowdy, same source, same (lack of) tangible information. Sorry, you are starting to sound just a little bit desparate.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
How what turned out? All of the investigations are ongoing.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
You can call it hearsay but IMO, (Yes, I have one), For someone like Gowdy to give props to Comey is unexpected. Then at the very end, the comment "you are very perceptive" is truly not him saying it was true. So yes, this is all in the ether but for me, pieces are falling in place. I expect if any of this is true we will hear about it. For now I'm waiting for facts and will go where they lead.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

From Gowdy, same source, same (lack of) tangible information. Sorry, you are starting to sound just a little bit desparate.

Desperate? How is citing an interview desperate? I'm independent and based on the facts presented so far, there is no Russian conspiracy, Hillary lied about the emails, Hillary wasn't held to the same standard as you or I would have been and Trump is not trying to obstruct justice. No evidence of collusion.

And the MSM is way overboard with fake news stories almost daily. Obvious to me anyway.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Maybe they were the ones investigating Clinton/DOJ collusion or maybe it was Comey. We shall see.

I think we have both the DOJ and Comey slowing down/redirecting the investigations. I do think Comey coming out towards the end with some statements was because he saw just how incorrect the DOJ was and he was a part of that...It allowed him to distance him self somewhat. It was extremely obvious that both Loretta Lynch and Eric Holder put politics before law and Comey got caught up in that too. Obama's DOJ gone...Comey Gone...makes one wonder where these still open cases will go with their conclusions.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Yup, solid reporting. No anonymous sources here!

Infowars.com reports: And right after that decision, a FBI insider with “intimate knowledge of the inner workings of the Clinton case” revealed the agency’s investigation into Clinton’s private email servers pointed towards greater crimes involving the Clinton Foundation.

“There is enough for her and the entire government to be brought down,” he revealed. “People do not realize how enormous this whole situation actually is.”

yournewswire.com...

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
IFanyone knowingly leaks classified info they should be executed. Yes, even the press.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Hillary is under investigation?
I don't think so.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
IFanyone knowingly leaks classified info they should be executed. Yes, even the press.

So you would applaud the execution of Manning and Assange?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
May 25, 2017

The press may not be the source of the "leaks" but they should have more integrity. The Washington Post and New York Times have been competing to see which tabloid can publish the classified information derived from unnamed, anonymous, well-placed, inside sources.

Both publications should be hit with a heavy fine, as punishment and deterrent.

BTW...What the hell is Attorney General Jeff Sessions doing? He recused himself from the US Election-Russia investigation and then went into a shell..or something. I expected him to be an ACTIVE Attorney General!

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
I thought leaking classified information was against the law.

But it only applies to any other president not Trump.

Still, I have to think that is funny that Trump ask Comey no to start leaking information because it was tapes, but what is been leaking is the content of memos.

Interesting.

Maybe that's one reason they fired Comey? He would only selectively enforce the law.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah you're all about freedom aren't you? The press doesn't get punished because the news they print is unflattering. Sorry.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith

originally posted by: marg6043
I thought leaking classified information was against the law.

But it only applies to any other president not Trump.

Still, I have to think that is funny that Trump ask Comey no to start leaking information because it was tapes, but what is been leaking is the content of memos.

Interesting.

Maybe that's one reason they fired Comey? He would only selectively enforce the law.

May 28, 2017

A growing theory is that COMEY was one of the "leakers". This would be WHY he doesn't want any of the press punished for leaking classified information. He needed them as a mouthpiece for his leaks.

www.foxbusiness.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join