It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JAMES COMEY says President Trump Asked Him to JAIL JOURNALISTS for Leaking Classified Info.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Actually, the Macron campaign has made that claim, but they have not yet had enough time to review all the documents. Further, some claims, like the claim of secret offshore assets, are impossible to falsify.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Actually, the Macron campaign has made that claim, but they have not yet had enough time to review all the documents. Further, some claims, like the claim of secret offshore assets, are impossible to falsify.

Making a claim and providing any proof whatsoever, are two very different things.

Assange makes an assertion and publishes leaked documentation supporting his claims.

It's both easy and expected, for the accused to verbally deny the accusations and seeing how they're usually the ones in possession of the original documents, it would also be easy for them to verify their claim. Yet they don't!

According to Assange, the reason he makes un-redacted releases is to insure total accuracy of content.

But it's the un-redacted nature of his releases that can endanger the lives of agents working in the field.

And that's where I have a problem. That and bulk publication of personal banking and/or credit card information like account numbers, security codes and passwords.
edit on 17-5-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
While I do think that if a "journalist" knowingly puts leaked classified information into the public domain and it can be shown to have a detrimental affect on national security then they should be prosecuted, the problem with the government following through with a prosecution is that they then confirm that the information is factual, and that confirmation can have a greater negative effect. Usual standard operating procedure is to neither confirm or deny the truth of the information.
edit on 17-5-2017 by LockNLoad because: typo

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Great points, I have been starring your posts... not typical for me!

IIRC, there have been cases where Assange alerted the US before release of some documents, granted it was a short notice that he gave, but I believe he has done it.

Thanks for admitting that. I too, often find myself in agreement on certain subjects, with people who usually hold opposite opinions than myself.

It's good to know that there is common ground.

Now, if we can just convince our political parties to spend more time on truth and common ground and less time on tribal conformity, we might actually accomplish something that's good for everyone.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Tribal conformity/piling-on FAKE news stories, will stop when appropriate punishment is handed out to the appropriate media personnel.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Tribal conformity/piling-on FAKE news stories, will stop when appropriate punishment is handed out to the appropriate media personnel.

You should be careful what you ask for, you may just get it.

And if you're gonna punish fake news, say goodbye to InfoWars, Breitbart, WND and a whole host of other right wing sites.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Is it fake news that the FBI has an ongoing investigation into whether or not the Russians had/have undue influence over Trump and/or members of his campaign staff?

Is it fake news that Trump appointed Michael Flynn as his national security adviser while Flynn was working as an undeclared agent of a foreign government?

Is it fake news that Trump fired the head of the FBI, James Comey and said that he did so because he felt that Comey shouldn't be investigating the alleged Russian connection?

Is it fake news that Trump invited the very same Russian agent that Michael Flynn was communicating with, Sergey Kislyak and his Russian press corp, into the Oval Office while denying access to the American press?

Is it fake news that Trump admitted to and proclaimed it to be within his rights to, discuss code word classified intelligence with these same Russian agents known to be linked to discussions that Michael Flynn lied about having?

It's almost beginning to look like an undeniable Russian connection exists and Trump is basically rubbing it in our faces.

Under Trump, the White House is beginning to look a little too Red for comfort.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted
Given the un-ending assault on Trump, citing congruent offenses that were perpetrated by establishment persons that were swept under the rug is fair game IMO

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike.Ockizard
a reply to: uncommitted
Given the un-ending assault on Trump, citing congruent offenses that were perpetrated by establishment persons that were swept under the rug is fair game IMO

Ah, so Trump is the victim here is he? 'Establishment persons'? You got anything actually to add that makes any sense or is this just to defend Trump for whatever and whenever?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'd say the term "journalist" is being used extremely loose these days. I remember the days before cable news entertainment shows.

Back in the day a journalist's good, rock solid reputation was what lent credibility to news stories, especially those using unnamed sources.

Reputation was everything, we could trust the journalists because they were putting their reputation/career on the line. Their stamp of approval meant something. If a story was proved false, the journalist had to personally own it and professionally paid the price.

It would be a fall from grace they most likely would never recover from. Same went for any professional who cared little for their reputation. Imo it's more about standards and we as a society have a responsibility to set/maintain those standards.

Certainly there's a place in this world for hack "professionals" think respected trial attorney vs. ambulance chaser/better call Saul types. Both are in demand but which do you think should be held as the epitome of American ethics/standards?

Imo professionals of the highest order are the intended recipient of the benefits/protections the constitution/freedom of the press awards/allows. Their rights shouldn't be so sloppily/carelessly exercised but if we allow it, they will set unprofessional/untrustworthy standards. The American people deserve better.

Imo today's news entertainers have a place but they've traded reputation for ratings. Constitutionally speaking they're good to go but that kind of entertainment, sensational news shouldn't be the only game in town.

We as a society actually have a great need for a free, serious, as honest as possible, reliable press. That's why it's constitutionally protected. It's not solely about journalist's rights when those rights are awarded based on society's need. Just my take on things.

edit on 5-17-2017 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I tell you what, Comey is not looking any good right now than before he was fired and proper punishment is going to be handle if the leaks are truth.

It seems that the BFI leaker can be trace to Comey himself, I had the feeling that he was at fault here.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
So considering that leaking classified information is a crime, this thread should be renamed "Trump asked Comey to arrest criminals".

Ummm...ok. The sky is also blue, the IRS collects taxes, dogs bark and the left have forgotten how to state truths.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

When President Trump travels overseas, other world leaders will support his desire to have law-breaking journalists arrested.. and even worse.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The EU international media-intelligence apparatus is now coming up with idiotic claims of Trump's revelations of classified data to the Russian foreign minister, plus a few additional bollocks.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

Is nothing but media sensationalism and witch hunt.

Is now 4 investigations on Trump at the expenses of tax payers and nothing to show for.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Some Democrats are calling for Impeachment...over a NYT article...written by an author who was wrong about wiretapping...who has an unnamed source...who read the author a piece of a story...that was supposedly written by a fired government official...who would have broken a law for not reporting...that the President suggested leaving Flynn alone...after Flynn had be fired...for lying to the Vice President but not breaking a law...because he gave a speech to a group of Russians.

Please tell me where in all of that there is a crime committed by the President? Let alone that this house of cards is gigantic. And what does that say about those Democrats...who, by the way...have already exposed their hate for the President.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Flanker86

Is nothing but media sensationalism and witch hunt.

Is now 4 investigations on Trump at the expenses of tax payers and nothing to show for.

And not a single fact or crime in the mix. You are correct...it is called a witch hunt. But what cha gonna do...HATERS HATE. But instead of being a sole racist (for example) hating a group of black people, this gang of thugs all hate one individual and will even give up their credibility, their trustworthiness, morals and values to go down in history and future elections as the problem...not the solution.

While I'm sure they sleep well at night, alone with their hate...I hope their children see them for the inhuman, hateful animals they are.
edit on 5/17/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
James Comey you whiney little bitch. I'm not sure I can believe this though but even if it is true President Trump is right. These journalists are leaking it because they think its going to hurt him but its only making him stronger and the hate for MSM only greater.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

As payback for being fired...
Ok.
Not because he's as crooked as a country mile and has some deep seated need to stop this investigation.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: marg6043

When President Trump travels overseas, other world leaders will support his desire to have law-breaking journalists arrested.. and even worse.

Are you referring to the other authoritarian dictators around the world that Trump is impressed with and speaks highly of?

You know, people like Putin who promptly have their outspoken critics killed off to silence their voices.

Yeah, they'd agree with you & Trump for sure!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join