It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JAMES COMEY says President Trump Asked Him to JAIL JOURNALISTS for Leaking Classified Info.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: DerBeobachter

It's interesting that CNN and others were warning people not to pay attention to WikiLeaks because the information was obtained illegally. And yet...

Yeah that's funny, although I am not laughing.
Dark government propaganda.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: carewemust

If a professional journalist knowingly leaks classified information then they SHOULD be jailed. I can't believe Trump had to ask.

But if wikileaks does the same thing to the left they are touted as heroes. American politicians have no freaking idea what they are doing anymore; it's like watching a toddler walk for the first time-it knows how to walk but has no idea where it is going.

And the keyboard mashing begins in 3...2...1...

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I can't wait to see where this goes. I hope I have popcorn and booze for this one, I need a night off.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: RisenMessiah

I have the feeling that is going to be a legal battler and Comey is going to be in the middle of it.

Now those that were in the meeting where supposedly Trump asked Comey about killing the Flynn investigation, are coming forward and saying that they didn't see anything wrong or hear anything about what is been talked on the none show so far memo

This is heading the same path as the sensationalized head line news about Trump sharing information with Russia.

Just another empty news with no substance and no wrong doing.

New media should be held accountable for the dangerous precedent they are creating in this nation.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The warnings about Wikileaks had to do with people possible putting themselves at criminal risk by downloading/disseminating the files. As well as stating that fake material had been inserted along with hacked material.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: Metallicus

If a professional journalist knowingly leaks classified information then they SHOULD be jailed. I can't believe Trump had to ask.

But what if the information is not classified for national security reasons, but reveals a criminal conspiracy? That is what we are discussing here. When Russia leaked DNC emails, they were heroes for exposing corruption, remember? If Comey's friends are sharing what Comey told them about Trump's illegal attempts to quash an FBI investigation into potential treason, the public certainly needs to know. Trump's supporters are not conservatives. Conservatives believe in the rule of law, and that no-one is above the law.

If Trump really did make, as you assert, an illegal attempt to quash an FBI investigation Comey had a duty to report it. Under the law, Comey is required to immediately inform the Department of Justice of any attempt to obstruct justice by any person, even the President of the United States. Failure to do so would result in criminal charges against Comey. (18 USC 4 and 28 USC 1361) He would also, upon sufficient proof, lose his license to practice law. Merely making notes and sharing them with senior staff would not satisfy this requirement.

You will notice that none of this came up until after Comey was fired. The Leftis all too happy to keep the destroy Trump ball rolling and when Comey is no longer useful they will roll past him onto their next allegation. These long time political hacks are really destroying our country.

TERM LIMITS!

(post by Flatfish removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: RisenMessiah

Yeah dude. At 7:30 in the morning.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: butcherguy

The warnings about Wikileaks had to do with people possible putting themselves at criminal risk by downloading/disseminating the files. As well as stating that fake material had been inserted along with hacked material.

Yes, they said it was illegal.
Here is what Wikileaks said about that: Twitter
Yeah, old CNN, looking out for the viewers.... Just read what we say about it, it is illegal for you to read it, but it is okay for us to look at it and tell YOU what to think about it.

Whatever. I read the wikileaks docs.... haven't been jailed over it. Better yet... I didn't depend on taking CNN's word for what was there.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Not necessarily. Comey is interpreting things Trump said over dinner as an attempt to persuade him to drop the investigation. There may be reasonable doubt whether a felony was being committed. As FBI Director, Comey tried to remain detached from politics. Reporting a "casual" dinner conversation as attempted felony might be construed as a political move, so he wrote up a memo (which, if circulated in the Justice department, would indeed amount to to a "report" to the appropriate authorities) against future incidents.
edit on 17-5-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

For starters, there's a HUGE difference between leaking classified information and reporting on leaked classified information.

I think the US wants to arrest Julian Assange.
Wikileaks does better than report, they back it up with proof. They use things that have been leaked by others... yet Julian Assange is a wanted man.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

For starters, there's a HUGE difference between leaking classified information and reporting on leaked classified information.

Wikileaks does better than report, they back it up with proof. They use things that have been leaked by others... yet Julian Assange is a wanted man.

No, they just publish anything that suits them. There is no proof or proper attribution of sources. Ecery last word could be fiction, and no-one held accountable for it.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

No, they just publish anything that suits them. There is no proof or proper attribution of sources. Ecery last word could be fiction, and no-one held accountable for it.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Why didn't Comey report Trump to the AG when he asked to stop the Flynn investigation, when he asked to jail journalists?

Is it that Comey was trying to blackmail Trump?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

a reply to: whywhynot

Not necessarily. Comey is interpreting things Trump said over dinner as an attempt to persuade him to drop the investigation. There may be reasonable doubt whether a felony was being committed. As FBI Director, Comey tried to remain detached from politics. Reporting a "casual" dinner conversation as attempted felony might be construed as a political move, so he wrote up a memo (which, if circulated in the Justice department, would indeed amount to to a "report" to the appropriate authorities) against future incidents.

In the view of most judges you can't be convenient with your memory or actions and you definitely can't have it both ways. Either he followed the law or he didn't. Not wanting to appear political would be no excuse. If he didn't report it he has only two choices 1) it didn't happen. Or, 2) he is in danger of being charged with a felony.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
May 16, 2017

It's looking like former FBI Director James Comey is coming after President Trump with both barrels blazing, as payback for being fired! He's systematically leaking information to the press that hurts Donald Trump...the President of the United States of America. Here's his latest leak...

""President Donald Trump asked former FBI Director James Comey to consider imprisoning journalists for reporting classified information, The New York Times reported, citing a memo the head G-Man wrote after speaking to Trump.

The conversation, the paper reported, occurred in February following the resignation of National Security Adviser Mike Flynn.""

Source: www.newsweek.com...

If Hillary had suggested this, and the Congress was majority Democratic, jailing of leaking journalists would be a law of the land in short order. But, since it's President Trump, who 80% of the U.S. media totally hates, they are going to ramp-up their leaks of classified information... while daring the President to stop them.

Jailing journalists won't stop the leaks, but it would deter them from taking those leak(s), and publicizing them to every terrorist, or other people who can use that information to do harm.

I know that the liberal media places politics ahead of American citizens lives and prosperity, but it surprises me that former FBI Director James Comey has deteriorated into that same mindset.. The biggest loser in all this will be each of us, as the MSM, Comey, and the Democrats, team up to stop any forward progress with "Making America Even Greater".

-CareWeMust

Creating hypotheticals to spin this on Hillary is a bit ameturish.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

My feelings towards Julian Assange and the manner in which he releases information is ample topic for a whole & separate debate, but I will say this;

To my knowledge, Julian Assange is not a citizen of the United States and I would assume that from a legal standpoint, he would not be afforded the protections offered to U.S. citizens by the Constitution.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

My feelings towards Julian Assange and the manner in which he releases information is ample topic for a whole & separate debate, but I will say this;

To my knowledge, Julian Assange is not a citizen of the United States and I would assume that from a legal standpoint, he would not be afforded the protections offered to U.S. citizens by the Constitution.

He needs to sneak across the border to become an undocumented worker, then he would have Constitutional protections!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Pull up the Podesta files at Wikileaks, it is all vetted.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Actually, I'm pretty sure they have perfect record with respect to accuracy of content.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join