It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JAMES COMEY says President Trump Asked Him to JAIL JOURNALISTS for Leaking Classified Info.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
May 16, 2017

It's looking like former FBI Director James Comey is coming after President Trump with both barrels blazing, as payback for being fired! He's systematically leaking information to the press that hurts Donald Trump...the President of the United States of America. Here's his latest leak...

""President Donald Trump asked former FBI Director James Comey to consider imprisoning journalists for reporting classified information, The New York Times reported, citing a memo the head G-Man wrote after speaking to Trump.

The conversation, the paper reported, occurred in February following the resignation of National Security Adviser Mike Flynn.""

Source: www.newsweek.com...

If Hillary had suggested this, and the Congress was majority Democratic, jailing of leaking journalists would be a law of the land in short order. But, since it's President Trump, who 80% of the U.S. media totally hates, they are going to ramp-up their leaks of classified information... while daring the President to stop them.

Jailing journalists won't stop the leaks, but it would deter them from taking those leak(s), and publicizing them to every terrorist, or other people who can use that information to do harm.

I know that the liberal media places politics ahead of American citizens lives and prosperity, but it surprises me that former FBI Director James Comey has deteriorated into that same mindset.. The biggest loser in all this will be each of us, as the MSM, Comey, and the Democrats, team up to stop any forward progress with "Making America Even Greater".

-CareWeMust

edit on 5/17/2017 by carewemust because: title adjustment

+32 more 
posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Has anyone ever been jailed for leaking classified information?

Standby whilst I just google 'Chelsea Manning'...........

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Right..the legal precedent has been set. IMO, this was a "good leak" from Comey's memo pad. :-)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
None of this has any factual basis yet.

It is conjecture and hearsay so far...

But that can change.

Mg

+15 more 
posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

i find it amusing that he only decides to reveal this information AFTER he has been fired

+11 more 
posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Also, those that leak the info to bought-and-paid-for-MSM journo's should also be jailed (and if journalists fall into that category then so be it). I'm thinking there's some career public servants putting their own (political/financial) interests above that of the constituency when it comes to these leakages...
edit on 17-5-2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

If Hillary had suggested this, and the Congress was majority Democratic, jailing of leaking journalists would be a law of the land in short order.

Way to make a huge assumption. Why don't you concentrate on who is in the White House, how he was so happy with leaks that damaged his opponent when he was running for the job but has now become (more) paranoid about them.

It's alleged that Comey shared his memo's from the meetings with senior top FBI officials prior to him being fired so again, you make your assumptions it was Comey that leaked because it suits your narrative. Sheesh, your idol cuts out the intermediary and leaks directly to the Russians - you must be proud.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

You might want to standby and look at the fact that the two have zero in common.

How did that thousands of American flags being burnt go again? Never mind, if you could say where you last saw it then we can all help you try and find your credibility.

+20 more 
posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

If a professional journalist knowingly leaks classified information then they SHOULD be jailed. I can't believe Trump had to ask.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

If a professional journalist knowingly leaks classified information then they SHOULD be jailed. I can't believe Trump had to ask.

Yes.
If you or I have classified info outside of where it is supposed to be kept, we will be arrested and tried.... and more than likely convicted.
A journalist broadcasts it to the public and they get a Pulitzer prize.

I understand if the information is related to the common good of the people, but that usually isn't the case.

+4 more 
posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

You might want to standby and look at the fact that the two have zero in common.

How did that thousands of American flags being burnt go again? Never mind, if you could say where you last saw it then we can all help you try and find your credibility.

Did Chelsea Manning leak classified information to a media outlet for public consumption?

+8 more 
posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Yet another hit piece without a verified source.

Just as in the assertion that Trump asked Comey to drop the investigation into Flynn if Comey believed that the President intended to pressure or influence him that would be a crime. Under the law, Comey is required to immediately inform the Department of Justice of any attempt to obstruct justice by any person, even the President of the United States. Failure to do so would result in criminal charges against Comey. (18 USC 4 and 28 USC 1361) He would also, upon sufficient proof, lose his license to practice law. Merely making notes and sharing them with senior staff would not satisfy this requirement.

You will notice that none of this came up until after Comey was fired. The Leftis all too happy to keep the destroy Trump ball rolling and when Comey is no longer useful they will roll past him onto their next allegation. These long time political hacks are really destroying our country.

TERM LIMITS!

+7 more 
posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I would like to know when they are going to start leaking Comey's notes on Obama and Hillary Clinton.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Did Chelsea Manning leak classified information to a media outlet for public consumption?

Manning wasn't a member of the press. Historically the press in the USA has been mostly given a pass on such things. It is not settled law. It is not clear cut or simple. This Link is a good discussion of the facts.

I personally think that a reporter knowingly publishing classified information should be subject to proceedings

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

i find it amusing that he only decides to reveal this information AFTER he has been fired
Exactly!!

There is a concerted effort to go after TRUMPEACHABLE NOT! it will not work and will back fire.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear
None of this has any factual basis yet.

It is conjecture and hearsay so far...

But that can change.

Mg
There is no surprise what is happening after such a shock PE result! TPTB just don't like it and want to do anything possible to change it! The media are being used and driven by there masters! But I don't think those who voted in TRUMPY will be swayed by it. He's new, different, says what he likes, doesn't give a f.ck apart from doing his best for the US and jobs etc.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Manning wasn't a member of the press. Historically the press in the USA has been mostly given a pass on such things. It is not settled law. It is not clear cut or simple. This Link is a good discussion of the facts.

I personally think that a reporter knowingly publishing classified information should be subject to proceedings
Agree.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I would like to know when they are going to start leaking Comey's notes on Obama and Hillary Clinton.
Exactly! That about gives the gist of what is happening here!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

About the time you can have snowball fights in Hell.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I thought leaking classified information was against the law.

But it only applies to any other president not Trump.

Still, I have to think that is funny that Trump ask Comey no to start leaking information because it was tapes, but what is been leaking is the content of memos.

Interesting.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join