It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trey Gowdy hints at something bigger

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: essentialtremors
he was talking about Perfectenemy's post not this thread.

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Interesting i read a story the other day that Trump requested to make room for 23 high ranking politicians in a maximum prison. The plot thickens.

originally posted by:AndyFromMichigan
I wish I could believe this, but sadly it's probably just a hoax. But it would explain why the "impeach Trump" rhetoric has been amped up to 11 recently.

originally posted by: drock905
This was a sorcha faal article - so totally 100% fake news

The source of the story 'Trump requested to make room for 23 high ranking politicians in a maximum prison' was Sorcha Faal, the inventor of very fake news on the internet.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: essentialtremors

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Interesting i read a story the other day that Trump requested to make room for 23 high ranking politicians in a maximum prison. The plot thickens.

I wish I could believe this, but sadly it's probably just a hoax. But it would explain why the "impeach Trump" rhetoric has been amped up to 11 recently.

This was a sorcha faal article - so totally 100% fake news

Uh, dude, there is literally a video of the interview on the first page. Not sure how you're drawing the conclusion that its a hoax.

There's some pretty terrible attempts at character assassination of Gowdy in this thread.

The playbook is pretty obvious at this point guys, just give it up.

Yeah I posted the video, I accidentally quoted the wrong poster in my response. The story about the 23 politicans is a sorcha faal article
edit on 17-5-2017 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
When wikileaks originally released the Hillary/posesta emails the graphic they used was a picture of Hillary at a computer with bombs and dollar signs. It implied she sold American weapons to our enemies. I think we all know this happens but maybe the bigger story is concrete evidence of that?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
so uhh.. this all makes total sense. to me, it seems like the NYPD did actually catch onto this "something bigger."

remember about a month or so before the election when there was a story about how the NYPD found weiner's laptop and apparently the chief was going to come out with what they found if the FBI didn't?

interesting how all that turned out.

the story that ran wasn't anything outside of what the public already knew about weiner.

NYPD Turns Against the FBI

NYPD detectives and a NYPD Chief, the department’s highest rank under Commissioner, said openly that if the FBI and Justice Department fail to garner timely indictments against Clinton and co- conspirators, NYPD will go public with the damaging emails now in the hands of FBI Director James Comey and many FBI field offices.

“What’s in the emails is staggering and as a father, it turned my stomach,” the NYPD Chief said. “There is not going to be any Houdini-like escape from what we found. We have copies of everything. We will ship them to Wikileaks or I will personally hold my own press conference if it comes to that.”

then, more recently, TP tweets this:

Weiner's Laptop Tweet

all i'm affirming is that we're in an information war, and anonymity is crucial to those that really want to disseminate facts.

whoever is writing this material for True Pundit certainly seems to know what Trey Gowdy knows.

it's easy to cast doubt on information when the writer wishes to remain anonymous. however, it seems like anonymity is more than necessary if you want to tell the truth, and keep telling the truth lately.
edit on 17-5-2017 by facedye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: facedye

There use to be a time in the US where it was OK to protect your sources.....in fact, if you DIDNT, you wouldnt be in the business very long.....

Now all the sudden Trump and his supporters poo poo the idea of having anonymous sources etc......

Seriously, if people just went out naming sources, and those sources were subject to retaliation, how long do you think it would be before you wouldnt get squat for the truth from anyone?

Common sense has abandoned the Trump train........

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Certainly you can see cause to not put absolute trust in anonymous sources from extremely bias media?

Perhaps if there were a collection of sources or sources attached to some piece of evidence. Sources are great for added measure.

Long after full version of events or witnesses with names and reputations come out, you can look back and say, "ah, that source knew something," is certainly worth a mention...but that doesn't seem to happen either.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Certainly you can see cause to not put absolute trust in anonymous sources from extremely bias media?

Perhaps if there were a collection of sources or sources attached to some piece of evidence. Sources are great for added measure.

Long after full version of events or witnesses with names and reputations come out, you can look back and say, "ah, that source knew something," is certainly worth a mention...but that doesn't seem to happen either.

The problem is, even when numerous things are cited, the Trump camp has consistently shot them down.....its happened A LOT since Trump campaign started.....

We should be married to the Truth not our political champions.........and that means being critical of both the information coming in AND the person its about.......not just flatly denying things because we dont like what they say about someone we want to defend.....

Scrutiny is ALWAYS a good thing, but that sword cuts both ways.......

Take for example this video......

For over a week now Trump and his supporters have BLASTED comey as inept, stupid, and corrupt......

Here we have Trey Gowdy, one of the most respected people in washington, who has been a champion for truth, flat out telling everyone "Look I didnt always agree with the guy, but he did the right thing" flatly going against the stuff Trump said about him......but thats not making the news, thats not the topic....

Nope the topic is Hillary.......

Not the fact that a man who actually has the facts about whats going on, is himself a humble and truth driven person, is supporting and saying that Comey is a stand up guy......

That should raise some eyebrows......and even more as to why Clinton is the story being pushed here instead of why it seems all indicators point to the opposite of what Trump said about the man.......

You guys are being played......
edit on 5/18/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

The problem is, even when numerous things are cited, the Trump camp has consistently shot them down.....its happened A LOT since Trump campaign started.....

The problem is also over generalization. Not everyone in the Trump camp is spoiling the party. Some of us are awaiting facts while wading through the S storm of spin.

It has been this posters stance all along to wait for the facts. I would wager very few, here on ATS, actually pull any party line.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

He goes on to say that the reason he did it is classified. Gowdy claims to know what the info is and says if the American people knew they would fully support the decision as well.

If this is true and Comey has dirt on Clinton and Obama, and history will judge him better than the Democrats, why would Trump fire him?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

The problem is also over generalization. Not everyone in the Trump camp is spoiling the party. Some of us are awaiting facts while wading through the S storm of spin.

It has been this posters stance all along to wait for the facts. I would wager very few, here on ATS, actually pull any party line.

I wish I shared your optimism but from what I have seen I would have to disagree........

From my perspective it seems that people tend to pull party lines , left and right, or more accurately political champions, more than they pull for truth......

I do agree, all the facts need to come out......but you cant flatly deny anything that comes out every time something comes out and then say youre waiting for facts to make a judgement......

If youre outright saying something is BS when information comes out, or cry "fake news" because its critical, youve already made the decision to NOT rely on any facts other than your own bias.......

(YOU* isnt directed at you , just in general)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete

He goes on to say that the reason he did it is classified. Gowdy claims to know what the info is and says if the American people knew they would fully support the decision as well.

If this is true and Comey has dirt on Clinton and Obama, and history will judge him better than the Democrats, why would Trump fire him?

Maybe because hes involved? Maybe because he doesnt like the fact that Comey was spearheading looking into people in his cabinet?

There are a lot of variables.......

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I do agree, all the facts need to come out......but you cant flatly deny anything that comes out every time something comes out and then say youre waiting for facts to make a judgement......

Why? Should we make decisions based on as little info as possible?
Also, it is worth noting that minds can change with the accumulation of more information.

I will agree, to disregard anything based on a small technicality would be rather foolish. However, taking it as fact is equally as foolish IMO.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I will agree, to disregard anything based on a small technicality would be rather foolish. However, taking it as fact is equally as foolish IMO.

I think were trying to make the same point in that regard

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Right, it was kind of a loaded question on my part.

It makes it more of a curious situation if what Gowdy says is true. What Gowdy knows, Trump knows.

I don't really see this revelation from Gowdy as being a win for team Trump as it calls Comey's firing into question even more.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Right, it was kind of a loaded question on my part.

It makes it more of a curious situation if what Gowdy says is true. What Gowdy knows, Trump knows.

I don't really see this revelation from Gowdy as being a win for team Trump as it calls Comey's firing into question even more.

I dont see it as a win either, in fact quite the opposite, for ME in calls even more into question the reason why Trump would do this, especially after lauding Comeys performance for so long.....

Something is a miss.....

Ill be interested to find out the truth, if it ever comes to light......

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Trump likes to fire people...

Kinda like Nixon...

Nixon had his AG resign, hired a new one who brought in a Special Prosector to investigate the Watergate affair, Archibald Cox.

Nixon didn't like how that was turning out so he fired Cox.

What really was the smoking gun in the Watergate affair was Nixon trying to influence the investigation.

Haldeman explained to Nixon the cover-up plan: “the way to handle this now is for us to have Walters [CIA] call Pat Gray [FBI] and just say, ‘Stay the hell out of this ... this is ah, business here we don’t want you to go any further on it.

History repeats sometimes, with a few changes. Nixon had a much bigger majority when he won the election.

This time they had the presence of mind to make the Special Prosecutor (counsel) unfireable.

edit on 18-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Wow, this is looking huge, it looks like with Gowdy's LOOK HERE pointer to Trump has been noted and that swamp may be getting some draining, Lynch must have been made aware of this as she did that strange apology video saying she had to do things for reasons etc. All I can say is that Trump best triple his bodyguard team, the Clintons and Obama have some pretty nasty friends..

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: facedye

There use to be a time in the US where it was OK to protect your sources.....in fact, if you DIDNT, you wouldnt be in the business very long.....

Now all the sudden Trump and his supporters poo poo the idea of having anonymous sources etc......

Seriously, if people just went out naming sources, and those sources were subject to retaliation, how long do you think it would be before you wouldnt get squat for the truth from anyone?

Common sense has abandoned the Trump train........

imo this is bigger than who is or isn't on the trump train. trump is not a top priority over concerns about this issue.

however, i can say that this is deeper than just having anonymous sources - the *reporters* now seem like they'd rather stay anonymous as well. and with good reason! i mean, just look at what happened to Ben Swann.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: drock905

I truly love the end of that interview when the Fox News reporter is trying to piece everything together and Trey Gowdy says "well, you are perceptive" with a grin on his face... He knows that something big is about to be exposed... I can't freaking wait...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

That's the question. Why would he fire him? Are they working together? It doesn't make sense. Trump tweets hours after the firing for comey not to leak anything cause he recorded their conversations and then 48 hours later comey leaks that he has memos?

It's all very odd
edit on 18-5-2017 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join