It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens Getting Breast Implants for Graduation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   

More teens are ignoring health risks and requesting breast implants as a Sweet 16 or high school graduation gift.

Last year, 3,841 women 18 or younger underwent breast augmentation, a 24-percent jump from 3,095 in 2002, which represents a 19-percent increase from 2,596 in 2001, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Only 978 girls had the procedure in 1992.

What is going on that women think that they have to have big breasts to be liked? Do they have such a low self esteem that they think having big breasts will make them more likeable or is it society telling them to succeed they have to have large breasts?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It's the 'Hollywood' mentality meeting the need for Social Security, bigger boobs means "more attractive" which equates to catching a guy with a larger wallet. I would bet that there are more women with implants living in mansions in Beverly Hills than there are 'normal' women with normal boobs.

Dang! I wrote 'boobs'!

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Doode, do not draw attention to this 'problem'. People might take notice and do something about it. How the heck will you feel then!

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Dont' they have hormone pills for women to increase their breast size? i think it's wrong for girls that age to get breast implants, geeze at least wait till they start sagging a bit before they get them done.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Doode, do not draw attention to this 'problem'. People might take notice and do something about it. How the heck will you feel then!

LOL

i think i saw this on tv prob mtv saying the whole implant thing for graduation i say if they want em let em! makes for mroe eye candy and fun

unless you want a girl like this?

LOL no boobs and a cigar you can have her! thank you very much!

amazing what google can do for me lol

[edit on 4-2-2005 by tek8]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Also, i've noticed something. If you watch movies from the 70s and 60s and the times before breast implants were around, even for movie starrs, everyone (ok not everyone, but lots) would be considered pretty flat chested. Even regular mid level actresses now seem to have these implants, as opposed to back then when no one really had them. Its quite odd once you notice it.

And they call it 'the good old days'. Pish.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I tell you what by the time my daughter graduated from high school most of the girls had implants.

But what they don't tell this littler girls is that as they get big with age as their mamas their breast will grow in size too.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
See, its the future thats going to be awesome!

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
alls i know is that if my eventual children want cosmetic surgery, they are going to have to pay for it them selves. the only way ill pay for it is if they get in an accident.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

I refuse to take notice or outrage until adequately supplied with photographic documentation.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Rant I just saw proof
holy bosom batman
I would share but this is too good too share.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I refuse to take notice or outrage until adequately supplied with photographic documentation.

I smell a blue ribbon investigatory comittee a brewin'!

Better get my calipers!

[edit on 5-2-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
At last, something to piss me off!

I have the face of a Movie Star, and a hella good looking body. From what all you panting men that hit on me see on the outside.

However: I have been rebuilt multiple times from a car accident that nearly took my life. The scars on my 36 B chest are the LEAST of my worries. My over operated on (long model looking) legs are another. They hurt ALL the time. I have had so many operations that I do not believe I could survive another round of anesthesia (the body can only take so much of this). I am just grateful to be able to still (as of this writing) walk.

My boobs look OK. They are not perfect, they are kinda small, and I have some scars there. I would NEVER get plastic implanted into my body----I have already encountered THE BONE SAW and that's ENOUGH! If people cannot take me the way I am, good riddance! People are so fake and shallow! The odd flip side here is that I get, literally, HOUNDED by men because I have the looks of a model. I am not shallow and truly like geeky men, especially math and physics professors. I love little balding men! I love them because they are so smart! And not a fake person who is all about looks--and plastic looks at that!

F**CK PLASTIC BOOBS!!!!! AND TO HELL WITH PLASTIC PEOPLE!!!!!!
You #ing cloned up robots, you know you are!

Same goes for these assholes with their piercings who think they look "tough". Yeah? # you! Try the BONESAW!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Here's a prediction and a warning for all you teenaged droolers as well:
When your nose follows the big plastic boobies, you may find yourself: Married young, co-erced into having sproggen that you didn't really want, which shortens your fun time and leads you to a hell of boredom in the cubicles of CorporateLand to pay for said sproggen. And once Big Titted Beauty has roped you and spawned, she's gonna get fat, and silicone or not, those big hooters gonna sag. Fantasize about THAT while you're trapped in your cubicle waiting to go home to Moooomy.

Just an FYI.

You can go back to your football and chicken wings now.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niki
The odd flip side here is that I get, literally, HOUNDED by men because I have the looks of a model.

Are you sure it's not just because of your stellar personality?

Nah, you're probably right.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I got a personality that would peel paint; I am an ill tempered idiot. I get onto my OWN nerves! The men that hound me, its all about the sex---or----they want a good looking woman on their arm. Love to break out the SCARS when they least expect it! Many stick around. Go figure. I'm on stalker number 4 right now........

Ain't it great to be crazy?!

You meet crazy folks that way!

Those focused on the Plastic Boobies just gonna wind up on Dr. Phil. You can lead a horse to boobies, but you can't make it think.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I think the teeniboppers getting fake boobies thing is about more about status now than getting men. At least other teenaged men.

Others girls do it, so they compete. Plus it maximizes the emerging "Golden Years" of sugarbabydom from 18-26 when you can still get a free ride from stupid old guys without being necessarily called a prostitute.

Why parents let 'em do it is beyond me though.

In direct correlation to what you've observed Niki is the equally disgusting opposite. 16 year old girls using fake boobs to get in bars to hit on 30 year old men with jobs and disposable income.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hey RANT,
I hear ya, all about the 'status quo', in all angles of life. Competition, keeping up with The Joneses, etc. I do have faith in people-I believe that most eventually come to understand the idea of 'unique-ness', but it often happens too late.......
Once they are trapped. I believe alot of this has to do with a government agenda to keep people breeding (cannon fodder, consumer base)........but that's all on ATS so lets all keep READING! And EXPANDING our minds! That's what we're here for! DENY IGNORANCE!

From my aforementioned posts (where I said I was 'good looking') one might assume that I am young......because good looks and youth go hand and hand.
Actually, I am 40. I look far younger because I do not have any children (pregnancy and child rearing really waste the female). I am CF (Child Free) by choice; This is an ACCEPTABLE CHOICE! There are TOO MANY people on this rock, I encourage others to research it, IF they are so inclined. Lots of good CF boards on EZ Board.

Well, that's my 'expand your horizon' thought for the day.

Remember guys: you get too visual on the boobs.........
you get too fond of rememberance of Mama...............
Just mainly try to envision what might come of this.

Educate yourself! Make Yourself! And take another look at that smart woman who supports HERSELF! She won't mooch off ya, nor trap ya. But she expects just as smart and self reliant in return.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Since the discussion has somewhat changed from the chest area to other parts of the body including the mind here is my opinion on what type of woman I like.

I prefer the plain jane type of woman to date. They tend to fbe unner and more care free, they do not care if they look perfect. For some reason I tend to date women with smaller breasts and it does not bother me. I do admit that I look at women with bigger breasts but it is not a requirement for me in order to date a woman. I much prefer a woman with a nice looking rear end.

As far as my lost post above, hey I"m a guy and I joke around. hehehe

Niki, I agree with you about not having kids. I am about the same age as you and I have had so much freedom in my life. I can't complain. All of my high school buddies look way older than I do and they have very little freedom. I can do what I want when I want and have the money to do it.

top topics

join