It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnet powering an LED no motion involved

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

he is not demonstrating anything - except his dishonesty

the principle of shake lights is well understood

all he is doing is usuing a very large hi-power magnet and a tiny LED [ note the low background light in the scene - thats deliberate to make the LED appear brighter ]

his set up is entirely contrived - powerfull magnet and large coil driving a tiny LED - requires almost no movement to produce some light -

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

oh no - not that crap again

what ever happened to the " magic powerplant " that was going to fuel the incobassa plant at gilman illinois ???

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

well you say he is being dishonest, but which of his claims is untrue?? Your last sentence pretty much seems spot on with what he was saying he is doing. How could that be dishonest?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Power output & *NO INPUT*

is the key demonstrably false claim

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

ahh I see. Is it possible he simply meant from like an electrical source?? Is the magnetic current itself the input, or is it him moving it slightly to sort of induce this current to power the light?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The magnet is pretty much considered a constant in this case because it has a fixed size and the level of magnetism can be measured and quantified as a Gaussian force. The motion of him positioning the rest of the apparatus is the "input" causing the coil(s) to cross the magnetic flux lines and this is where the led gets its voltage and current from.

So to say power from no input would be a gross misunderstanding of the forces at work here. If the coils were positioned above the magnet with a holding fixture the led would light as the fixture is positioned and then it would go out.

This is the exact reason that Permanent Magnet Generators need to spin or at least have motion if one wants power out. The energy required to move the coil or the magnets around each other has pretty much always been proven to be more than the equivalent wattage produced by the generator.

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

ahh I see. Is it possible he simply meant from like an electrical source?? Is the magnetic current itself the input, or is it him moving it slightly to sort of induce this current to power the light?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

You can see yourself the light goes out when he stops moving his contraption. So either he's figured out that his motion is whats powering it in which case he's hoaxing us by claiming there's no input, or he's kind of dumb to have not figured out what the rest of us watching his video figured out about why the light goes out when he stops moving.

If he meant no electrical source, would that make any sense? If you generate electricity with hamsters turning a hamster wheel, are you seriously claiming "no input" means no electrical source, because the hamsters aren't electrical? There's not much difference between that and his demo except he's the hamster and using shake instead of wheel turning, but any motion will do.

edit on 2017518 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I do not think magnetism is involved at all. He has a TEG in between a hot and cold magnet. You press them together and you can get a few volts, which he probably gets up to 4 or 5 volts ~20 ma with a step up converter (tiny chip). Keep one magnet in a refrigerator, and the other at room temperature, and anyone can pull this trick off.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
A TEG could be at play here but wouldn't the step up circuit need an LC circuit, think boost or buck-boost here and so there would be a few components to hide. If this guy was truly serious he would not just sit there holding the cone over the magnet but lift it off, show us the guts, reassemble it and show us how it works.
Has anyone seen him do a teardown on video?

He could probably get similar results to what he has now by connecting the LED across the voice coil of a large magnet speaker like a woofer or sub woofer and just moving the cone in/out slightly.

originally posted by: charlyv
I do not think magnetism is involved at all. He has a TEG in between a hot and cold magnet. You press them together and you can get a few volts, which he probably gets up to 4 or 5 volts ~20 ma with a step up converter (tiny chip). Keep one magnet in a refrigerator, and the other at room temperature, and anyone can pull this trick off.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop
Thank you for clarifying this. It is still a neat science experiment nonetheless, even if he wasn't technically accurate on explaining what is actually going on.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: evc1shop
A TEG could be at play here but wouldn't the step up circuit need an LC circuit, think boost or buck-boost here and so there would be a few components to hide. If this guy was truly serious he would not just sit there holding the cone over the magnet but lift it off, show us the guts, reassemble it and show us how it works.
Has anyone seen him do a teardown on video?

He could probably get similar results to what he has now by connecting the LED across the voice coil of a large magnet speaker like a woofer or sub woofer and just moving the cone in/out slightly.

A simple little surface mount LM2621, would not need much additional circuitry to simply light a LED. A surface mount cap, a few resistors and a diode.

It is so small,it could be mounted on the edge side of the TEG, with LED leads soldered to the output.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

a reply to: charlyv

Well, I think that all this guy did was prove that magnets and wire can make a generator. Now CharlyV does bring up a valid point that he could be full on deceiving us knowingly with some circuit trickery. It is quite possible that some surface mount discrete components and a small integrated circuit can be wired up and hidden away so I will not discount that possibility. With all of these devices, I always want to see the guts but of course the presenter will always show you what he wants you to see.

Having designed many electronic devices over the years and tinkered with the possibilities of free or nearly free (over unity) energy device designs, I can say from my experience that what he is portraying to everyone here would be miraculous given the fact that for energy to be made, some work needs to happen. No work (energy) input = no output.

I have worked with indirect motion turning tiny generators in my own quest for experience in this area. That work was a candle burning on the tip of a stirling motor that rotated with just enough motion to turn a coil across a magnetic field, not exactly free energy since the candle is consumable but if I were this guy, it might seem free to him.

Anyhow, any claims of free energy should always be viewed with plenty of skepticism. It may be possible but I can assure you that gravity motors and perpetual motion via magnetics has been show to be virtually impossible up to now. The parasitic drag of the back EMF induced eddy currents will cause the generator to struggle and require more energy in to keep the output stable. Another thing, all circuits generate heat, heat is wasted energy and something will have to account for it. That alone should tell you what you need to know.

edit on 18-5-2017 by evc1shop because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join