It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnet powering an LED no motion involved

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I came across this guy, who thinks Einstein got it wrong and the Universe is electrical in nature, unlike most people he has done some experiments. This particular one uses a Holbeck array, over a massive magnet to keep an led going. He's very entertaining,!! Being a very original thinker he has a few other tricks beside this one. Another one of his vids, which use the electrical theory, shows how everything in the Universe is field Geometry.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

im subbed to this guy, he takes a bit to get used to and if your vocab is not up to snuff dont bother here loves his big words

but he has interesting work

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity Yes, everything in the HUMANLY SENSIBLE part of the universe is a geometric potential. It can be transferred from one type to another as it hangs on single root(remember the tree of life allegory). It seems to me that any previews civilizations figured that out. Now is or turn to figure out how not to extinct ourselves, after we are getting deeper in the rabbit hole of the world matrix.

By the way, all that knowledge is well known amongst the ones who would label themselves Illuminati, and they would consider exactly this kinda of thing their supremacy, their true-sight. However, there is in the universe a bit more substance, than only knowledge of things. But for that you'll need a heart, as well as brain, and as they have the brains for sure, I ain't
completely sure about the heart part...

Interesting Vid.

edit on 17-5-2017 by Argentbenign because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Those super magnets are dangerously powerful athey get them a certain size. Polarity so strong it will just summon all ferrous metal towards it within certain range at magnificent forces.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Although he is an interesting person with a good drive.

In this particular case i noticed that it seems he can not make it stable, i.o. a fixed setup.
In other words. The coil has to have a (tiny) movement to produce the current.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

100% correct. Because the magnet is so powerful it only took a small amount of hand instability to keep the LED going. If he had truly fixed it, it would have gone out.

You even saw it fade when he did attempt to stabilize the arrangement with his finger space.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

no movement ???? are you blind - he constantly moves his hands

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: thedeadtruth

It wasn't pulsing, but it might seem that he has got some novel ideas that seem to have interested the wrong sort of people.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedeadtruth
a reply to: EartOccupant

100% correct. Because the magnet is so powerful it only took a small amount of hand instability to keep the LED going. If he had truly fixed it, it would have gone out.

You even saw it fade when he did attempt to stabilize the arrangement with his finger space.
If he's smart it means he knows he's generating the electricity with his movements and he's hoaxing us.

If he hasn't figured this out yet then he's pretty dumb, which unfortunately seems a bit more likely. I mean who wouldn't make some kind of fixture to hold it in place if that would work?

I'm glad to see some people here are smart enough to see through his shenanigans or ignorance, whichever is the case.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I think you are biased, he's doing things which I have never seen before, who would have known that theirs a black hole at either poles of a magnet, if you think this is a hoax then he has
been very prolific.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

like some sort of induced current from the strong fields, like a weak emp effect that is just strong enough to power the LED??

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I think I've seen this torture technique on Game of Thrones

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

If he hasn't figured this out yet then he's pretty dumb, which unfortunately seems a bit more likely. I mean who wouldn't make some kind of fixture to hold it in place if that would work?

I'm glad to see some people here are smart enough to see through his shenanigans or ignorance, whichever is the case.

While I don't claim to be intelligent in this field, I was wondering the exact same thing about setting up a fixed rig (which wouldn't be the least bit difficult or expensive) instead of holding it. The fact that he is holding it made me skeptical about it, but it's still pretty cool regardless, and I don't think that it's something that I've ever seen.

But I'm always skeptical, sooo...

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Think he's late

Shake light

Same thing stronger magnet less movement

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Note to self, buy me a ferrocell. In he right conditions, we could maybe use this as an optical filter to identify the few humans on earth who likely have access to whatever became of the cloaking cape made up of LED's and a camera, or the light bending technology that has camouflaging capabilities, both of which were disclosed eleven years ago in 2006 and kept quiet and covered up since. But the tech was developed in 2003

Just imagine where this technology is today over a decade on!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

IF in the video he used a stand to hold led it would not have lit. Even small movements with a powerful magnet will produce a current. He tries to hold it still but that's impossible so current is generated do to the strong magnetic field. Doesn't say a lot for him that he didn't figure this out.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

I think you are biased, he's doing things which I have never seen before, who would have known that theirs a black hole at either poles of a magnet, if you think this is a hoax then he has
been very prolific.
If education is a form of bias, then yes I'm educated, I've studied how things work to the best of our collective knowledge. When some ignorant and uneducated people do a limited number of experiments they sometimes seem to draw inappropriate conclusions from their limited dataset, and sometimes they can be prolific. Ed Leedskalnin is an example of a man who did experiments with magnets and wrote a series of books based on that but they show extreme ignorance since what Leedskalnin failed to learn about were the hundreds of other experiments done by hundreds of other people, some of which proved what he was saying in his books was completely wrong.

Why would you assign any credit to this youtube guy for this video when there are examples of those black spots on the ferrocell website? And by the way he says they look like a black hole "so to say", he's not really claiming it's a "black hole" which is a reference to a particular object from which light can't escape, there are none of those black holes in the experiment. This is just how dipole magnets look under a ferrocell, as seen in this image from the ferrocell website:

www.ferrocell.us...

Dipole magnet behind cell.

So what this guy does is buy a gadget from some website and demonstrates the same thing shown on the website, except with a stronger magnet? I don't understand why this would impress you, or anyone for that matter, because it doesn't take any special talent to do that.

He seems like another Leedskalnin to me, a guy who has done a few experiments but doesn't really understand science and draws wrong conclusions from his limited understanding, and maybe like Leedskalnin he's prolific about his ignorance, he wouldn't be the first one.

originally posted by: penroc3

like some sort of induced current from the strong fields, like a weak emp effect that is just strong enough to power the LED??
Actually the LED goes off several times when he stops moving it so he's only generating enough current to power the LED when he's moving it, and an LED doesn't take much. With such a powerful magnet I'd expect he would be able to power a lot more than just one LED, so no I wouldn't say "just strong enough to power the LED", his power output goes from zero to likely enough to power multiple LEDs, if he had more LEDs hooked up.

edit on 2017517 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
He was just demonstrating a concept though, which is power output without input from the magnetic current. Wold it not be simple to perhaps fashion the setup with a crank and counterweight and simply allow gravity to maintain the motion with the help of simple mechanics?? Would that eliminate the need to move it ever so slightly??

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
He was just demonstrating a concept though, which is power output without input from the magnetic current. Wold it not be simple to perhaps fashion the setup with a crank and counterweight and simply allow gravity to maintain the motion with the help of simple mechanics?? Would that eliminate the need to move it ever so slightly??
This is the failed attempt to use gravity to maintain the motion, someone spent a small fortune on this and they don't understand physics and your question suggests you don't either:

www.rarenergia.com.br...

The reason gravity motors won't work is they don't have a way to lift up what's fallen, so once it's fallen, that's it.

The closest thing we have to a gravity-based energy is hydro-electric, which generates electricity from falling water, but what makes that work is the sun evaporating water so it can fall again as rain and go back through the hydroelectric generator. So in a sense even that is not really power coming from gravity, it's coming from the solar energy evaporating the water, because if the sun died now, we could only generate hydroelectric power until the dams ran dry, then there would be no way to re-fill the dams. You need something besides gravity to do that.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I made no claims to being a scientist, but merely an interested consumer.
But the sun does shower is in electromagnetic energy right??
What I was saying is that the LED only lights up when exposed to the magnet because of this light motion he does with his hand. If the magnet were placed properly, and a counterweight and shaft were setup in a way that the magnetic force would push it one direction causing the weight to move and counter that motion from the magnet, keeping the movement going??

I have played with magnets at home, one of my childrens favorite science tools. I have gotten stuff to spin for awhile between two magnets before it flew away in some random direction. But if a computer controlled mechanism could maintain exact parameters for the magnet to keep the weight going, could this not keep the light on??? Or multiple lights??

Please help me understand, it sounds like you are a scientist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join