It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I hope you can let this go, Flynn is a good guy"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
"I hope you can let this go, Flynn is a good guy". This is the sentence that Trump may have said that has led to headlines around the world titled "Donald Trump asks Comey to not investigate Flynn", or "Donald Trump possibly has obstructed justice".

These headlines are being blared across the MSM as though the President just got caught clubbing a baby seal in the Oval Office. Is anyone else out there as disturbed as I am at the realization that the MSM is the true power in this country? They literally can create whatever narrative they wish for the American people, and all they need is the tiniest bit of ammo! Donald Trump is going against more than the "establishment" or the Democrats... He is going against an unimaginably powerful machine that creates reality and perception as we know it.

This machine is incredibly clever in its operations and has tentacles in every aspect of government. It is able to create perception world wide as easily as pulling a lever. If there is someone in "power" in political office that they like, they give them incredible leeway and perceived missteps will not be apart of the narrative created for the American people. Unwise words will be given little to no attention, even if lives have been lost as a result. However, if someone is not in a position of favor... well all you have to do is look at Donald Trump's presidency so far. Every perceived misstep, word, or action that can be blown up will be, and every chance to throw mud and set a trap will be taken. The power of perception lays with the MSM, and the average citizen does not care enough to analyze past headlines or sound bytes, so their perceptions are molded by those headlines and sound bytes.

So let me ask you the reader, does saying "I hope you can let this go, Flynn is a good guy" constitute a serious attempt at obstruction of justice, or is this an opinion of what he hopes for? According to the headlines "Donald Trump asks Comey to not investigate Flynn". Is the President not allowed to make his opinion known? Now if Donald Trump called a meeting with Comey and says "If you investigate Flynn then I'm firing you"... That my friends is obstruction of justice. I gaurantee you that President Obama let his opinions known in many back room meetings.. this is normal and is something that goes on all the time in places of power, but notice how the MSM is framing this one sentence? Now it's apparantly grounds for impeachment...

I'm not defending Trump, and quite frankly I've never had a lot of confidence in him... However, I want to point out that the real power of influence is the MSM, and no matter who is elected this doesn't change. What the ultimate goal is I'm not really sure, but from what I can tell they seem anti cop, pro criminal, anti conservative, pro Islam, pro multi culturalism, and anti Christianity. Can anyone who is intellectually honest that has kept up on the news in the last 5 years dispute these observations? What is the true agenda here?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Galacticsun

a link

First off, if there is a memo...it should be subpeonaed ASAP.

If this is true, it could be Trump just protecting one of his own. Personally I don't see Flynn as a bad guy, but I see him in a bad position. Trump though, is trying backdoor business techniques that don't mix well with politics. So many issues...we can only see where it goes from here.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The pattern continues. Obama commented on the IRS and hillary investigations saying they were innocent, not a peep by the press.

Obama offered to share intelligence with Russia about Isis, media doesn't bat an eye.

Obama criticizes the supreme court, no problem.

Trump does these things and its all impeachable.

Over and over and over again. Nonstop attacks, admissions both from themselves and via wikileaks that they work in cahoots with the DNC.

Stories about ice cream, hookers peeing, and busts of MLK are now considered quality journalism.

We have Schumer saying that the deep state can get back at Trump "six ways from sunday" and then immediately all of these illegal leaks start.

We have people that were war protestors that demanded Bush and people in the CIA be tried for war crimes now celebrating the fact that the very same deep state people are at war with Trump.

The media tells us when Trump supporters get beaten or riots occur against Trump, its all Trumps fault. And still smart people by the garbage they peddle.

The lines are being drawn. Those that want an unelected authoritarian government that controls all information and justifies violence against the opposition vs. freedom loving people that want their country back.

And we know that the mainstream media is a tool used against free thought.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well, there is a difference between asking and ordering.

Will this amount to anything? Nope.

But if it keeps the libs chewing on something, then I see no issue with it and their scraps from the table.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

What is the true agenda here?

Orwell 1984

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
People don't realize Flynn may have actually been spying for our side.

He was good at putting "Russians" in a comfort zone.

This bombshell will come out very soon.

The whole event timeline with Trump and Flynn was planned to keep the heat off the real operation.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
They left one vital part out. Comey replied with "I agree he is a good guy." Oops.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
if hoping for something is now considered a threat or ultimatum I`m going to stop making birthday wishes before I blow out the candles on the cake.

if hope is now considered a threat or ultimatum someone is going to have to re-edit the bible and print an American version of it.

1 Corinthians 13:13
So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I "hope" that things haven`t really gotten this bad because if they have I really do question the sanity of our elected officials.

oops I said hope, I hope the FBI doesn`t come knocking at my door accusing me of making a threat or giving an ultimatum.

oh damn!! I said hope again.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
We need to straighten out our media so we can trust what they are saying. I have no clue how that can be accomplished. The media is going crazy, some of this is Trump's fault I suppose, but right now the MSM is as worthless as a tit on a bull.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It's a harmless suggestion. Flynn has been a loyal soldier to the nation for decades. If Comey took the suggestion. Fine. If Comey didn't take the suggestion. Fine. It was Comey's call whether or not to continue the investigation. It's not like Trump ordered Comey to stop the investigation.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
And, "good guys" lose their jobs every day in this country. Being a good guy has ZERO to do with how competent they are in a job/role. Performance in that job/role is what matters in the real world. This is the crux of the outrage IMO. The politicos live in the good-ole-boy world, where if you are a "good guy" but a royal screw-up in the job, you are expected to pin the ineptness on someone else, and then take the promotion and move up.

Trump seems to work in the "do your job or you're fired" world, and trying desperately (and ham handedly) deal with the good-ole-boy political world. Is that an impeachable offense? Hardly. But, IMO he does need some Politics 101/102/103 lessons from those politicos around him.

The problem lies in the fact that those politicos in his own party seem to refuse to help him out, since he is attacking their very way of life as well (i.e. "draining the swamp").

It will be interesting to see how this all pans out. But so far, I have not seen any actual evidence, that, in a court of law (not opinion) would be even close to a conviction of any kind.

And, FTR, I didn't vote for the man, but I am an American that honors the office, if not the man.

edit on 5/16/2017 by Krakatoa because: spelling

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I can't begin to guess at the agenda but my greatest fear is that they are going to keep playing out this rope until they hang themselves and the people pick up the pitchforks and begin chasing them. Every questionable story put out that is supported only by "anonymous sources" exposes their soft underbelly. If they keep it up the BigSix will feel the pain in their accounting departments. They are playing to the leftist radicals in the Dem party. Apparently they don't yet understand how tiny that very vocal minority really is.

I was discussing this media storm recently with two of my Democrat friends. (They are very active Democrats but were not Clinton Democrats.) Like me, they didn't vote for Trump but are in agreement with me that he was a better choice than Hillary. Their campaign currently is to get the Dems in Congress to move back from the far left. They feel like Hillary is still controlling the party and trying to move it even more to the left. The radicals get the attention from the media so those who get their information from tv are presented a very skewed picture.

My best guess as to the true agenda at this time---to keep people in a constant state of fear, apprehension and stress. That makes for a lot of sick people. Sick people buy lots of chemicals to make themselves feel better. Big media makes lots of money from the companies that make those "feel good" substances. Sick, drugged people aren't very hard to defeat in a fight. As long as they are provided with chemicals and cell phones, there won't be a revolution.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
"I hope"...

I win the Lottery.

I win the Derby.

I hope you got a hell of a lot better than "I hope".

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Wasn't a former president running a political campaign on bringing us all "hope"? Were his hopes then a binding commitment? Last I checked, hoping for something was akin to wishing for it. Wishes, for those uninformed, are not guaranteed to come to fruition.

edit on 5/16/2017 by Krakatoa because: spelling

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

So let me ask you the reader, does saying "I hope you can let this go, Flynn is a good guy" constitute a serious attempt at obstruction of justice?

Absolutely.

I live in a country where corruption is endemic, and I am a member of the Two Percent here. This is exactly how the conversation goes when a rich client asks someone with the necessary power and connexions to do something wrong for them as a favour.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

So let me ask you the reader, does saying "I hope you can let this go, Flynn is a good guy" constitute a serious attempt at obstruction of justice?

Absolutely.

I live in a country where corruption is endemic, and I am a member of the Two Percent here. This is exactly how the conversation goes when a rich client asks someone with the necessary power and connexions to do something wrong for them as a favour.

Sounds like the favor request that Obama whispered to the Russian Ambassador, thinking that their microphones were off.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Perhaps. Does it make you feel less queasy when you invoke Clinton or Obama to ease the Trump gas pains?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
All these cry babies crying about the msm press all of a sudden are pretty disgusting and hypocritical and so inconsistent, the same press that Trump used and abused to get elected.

The same press they felt fine with when it supported the Iraq and Syrian war.

The same press that was all right when it went after the Clintons in their scandals and gave all that press to (the Obama is not a citizen) freaks...

We all know this is a tabloid political whore press and would go after anybody.

So nobody cares about the special pleaders who all of a sudden get tired of a press we all know is a mess for everybody not just Trump, the big fat crybaby

edit on 17-5-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

top topics

join