It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaffetz: I'm ready to subpoena for Comey memo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: mOjOm

Why do you want to flush our peeing match!!

I could take the High Road here and say that I'm doing it to hopefully ease some tension between everyone and hopefully save some possible friendships between you all later on.

Or I could be honest and just say because I'm f*cking sick of all you and this same BS every day!!! I just want a little bit of calm for once!!!

But that first one sounds so much better than the real reason so let's go with that.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Ok you can but you're not the the former director of the FBI.
Too bad he shared the info with other higher ups in the bureau. At the time...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Or I could be honest and just say because I'm f*cking sick of all you and this same BS every day!!! I just want a little bit of calm for once!!!

Then methinks it's time to put the device down for awhile and find something else to do. You shouldn't let the mess others make anger you.

I say this with sincerity and respect.
edit on 16-5-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: queenofswords

Ok you can but you're not the the former director of the FBI.
Too bad he shared the info with other higher ups in the bureau. At the time...

Would you know the difference?

Who are these "higher ups?"
edit on 17-5-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

What??? and miss out on all the fun???

Naw.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

You?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Tomorrow soon enough for you?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Your posts are so funny. I love them.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

Do u think it's possible that the memo was made up to appear as evidence? Fabricated?

Possible? Sure it's possible. The mere proof of existence could invalidate all this debate.

Fabricated? Probably not IMO. I mean there has to be at the very least something to point at. I would wager that highly out of context would be the case thus not it being released.

Time will tell.

That's my guess too if there is a memo.

Way out of context to what it actually says.

It might say something like, "so... how's the steak, more wine?"

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Have we even heard Comey himself confirm the existence of this memo, or is it still just the NYT's ghost source?

If this turns out to be yet more Times bull#, then Trump needs to file a billion-dollar libel suit against them. The media can be convicted of libel if they knew, or should have known, that a story is false. The Times has run so much garbage that the latter standard is self-evidently obvious.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Not higher than Comey obviously.
High ranking members of the bureau.
You really doubt the existence of this memo?
Ok.
We're both on this ride to the end.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
a reply to: Swills

Honestly, what's wrong with Trump "asking" for the FBI Director to end an investigation?? If Comey didn't want to, he could just say "no"... Some of you are acting like Trump stormed into his office and demanded Comey to stop the investigation... He simply asked.. that is all... But maybe he should have had the conversation in private on some random tarmac like Bill Clinton & Loretta Lynch did...
So obstruction of justice is to be determined by tone of voice?
Seriously?
Followed by a chorus of "but Hillary...." ?
You're kidding, right?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: jhn7537
a reply to: Swills

Honestly, what's wrong with Trump "asking" for the FBI Director to end an investigation?? If Comey didn't want to, he could just say "no"... Some of you are acting like Trump stormed into his office and demanded Comey to stop the investigation... He simply asked.. that is all... But maybe he should have had the conversation in private on some random tarmac like Bill Clinton & Loretta Lynch did...
So obstruction of justice is to be determined by tone of voice?
Seriously?
Followed by a chorus of "but Hillary...." ?
You're kidding, right?

Noi you are mistaken. It the anti trump people saying obstruction is tone of voice.

Did the supposed memo say that Trump send that comey had to end the investigation?

Nope, it said he hoped he would end it.

The anti trumpers are saying his tone of voice etc. means that he reaally meant he was telling Comey to end the investigation, even though those weren't the words he said.

But I am glad that you find this argument to be ridiculous and agree that this wasn't obstruction.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
www.cnn.com...

(CNN)House oversight committee chairman Jason Chaffetz said Tuesday that if a memo FBI Director James Comey wrote detailing President Donald Trump's request to end an investigation exists, then his committee is willing to issue subpoenas to get it.

".@GOPoversight is going to get the Comey memo, if it exists. I need to see it sooner rather than later. I have my subpoena pen ready," Chaffetz tweeted.

President Donald Trump asked Comey to end his investigation of Michael Flynn one day after he fired him, according to a memo written by Comey detailing their discussion. The New York Times first reported the memo Tuesday and a source familiar with the matter confirmed the contents of the memo to CNN.

Fake news? Not likely. Is Comey Memo real? We're about to find out. And if it's discovered it is real how will Trump supporters feel about this? Will you all continue to defend Trump and proclaim everything is a lie? It looks like the noose is tightening around Teflon Don's neck and I don't think even he is immune to whats about to come.

If and when he is removed and disgraced, what then Trump supporters? How will you feel and what will you do?

Just a guess, but they'll probably act similar to Hillary supporters when everyone found out she's a scumbag?
Just deny deny deny. They'll still go to speeches and tear up all the same. Both groups are equally pathetic.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Where is this subpoena?

Is it really that difficult to do?

Just write it out on a memo pad and have it notarized by a MSM reporter!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Did the supposed memo say that Trump send that comey had to end the investigation?

Trump is the President. A 'request' made by the President carries different weight than someone else. If the head of the local mafia came to your house and said, 'I'd really like it if you'd cut down that tree'. How would you interpret that?

If your boss came to you and said, 'I'd really like you to cut your hair and stop smoking', how would you interpret that?

In either case, are there implied consequences for declining?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

A request is not a threat. A threat for example Trump says to Comey stop this investigation or I will fire you would be obstruction to justice. Comey may or may not heed the suggestion. It was up to Comey.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
As already mentioned the hard core will continue to defend him.. .much like Hillary supporters still swear she is as pure as virgin snow.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is getting better by the minute.

The Senate Judiciary Committee has demanded all of Comey's Memos on everyone.

Yates, Lynch and Obama and everyone else.

This is what happens when you open the door.

Buck

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

Awesome, wonder if a subpoena was issued. Lets see the truth of the matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join