It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaffetz: I'm ready to subpoena for Comey memo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

(CNN)House oversight committee chairman Jason Chaffetz said Tuesday that if a memo FBI Director James Comey wrote detailing President Donald Trump's request to end an investigation exists, then his committee is willing to issue subpoenas to get it.

".@GOPoversight is going to get the Comey memo, if it exists. I need to see it sooner rather than later. I have my subpoena pen ready," Chaffetz tweeted.

President Donald Trump asked Comey to end his investigation of Michael Flynn one day after he fired him, according to a memo written by Comey detailing their discussion. The New York Times first reported the memo Tuesday and a source familiar with the matter confirmed the contents of the memo to CNN.

Fake news? Not likely. Is Comey Memo real? We're about to find out. And if it's discovered it is real how will Trump supporters feel about this? Will you all continue to defend Trump and proclaim everything is a lie? It looks like the noose is tightening around Teflon Don's neck and I don't think even he is immune to whats about to come.

If and when he is removed and disgraced, what then Trump supporters? How will you feel and what will you do?
edit on 16-5-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I can write a memo, too, making accusations and even using big words to do it, accusing my boss that just fired me of doing something inappropriate.

I can put any date I want to on it.

edit on 16-5-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
"My subpoena pen", love it.

No matter what happens this is beautiful. Either the memo is real and Chaffetz is going to get it or it's not and the bs "news" agencies citing shadowsources will take another hit in the mouth. Beautiful.

Long live the fighters of President Pence!

edit on 16-5-2017 by Noncents because: I don't really want Pence. It's a joke in the form of a Dune reference.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

If this is true then why was nothing done about it at the time?

Why are we only hearing about this after Comey's firing?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Here is a hint for you. Trump is infamous for recording conversations since forever. His tape is real and the memo doesn't exist. The NYT is finished. I expect a lot of backtracking in the next few days from them. They didn't even read the memo or saw it with their own eyes. This reeks of fake news. Trump played them again. Damn i wonder when i get tried of winning. Probably never hahaha.

Edit: What will you do when Trump is exonerated and the Clinton Empire is a smoldering pile of ashes?

edit on 16-5-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Comey was trying to play nice with Trump but after he was fired, this is sort of a retaliatory measure taken by the FBI. Comey kept meticulous notes specifically in case something like this happened.

To reiterate: Trump fired Comey, who was in charge of investigating the ties between him and Russia. This led to the anonymous source reading a memo to the press showing that Trump had been trying to obstruct justice by asking Comey to stop investigating Flynn.

It is a relevant leak now. It shows that Trump is willing to obstruct justice. That could be one of the reasons he fired Comey.
edit on 16pmTue, 16 May 2017 21:28:11 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
LOL of course Chaffetz is going along with this.

He already knows the "memo" doesn't exist !!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

The NYTimes admitted in their article that they themselves did not even see a memo.

link   
a reply to: queenofswords

But you aren't the FBI director and your memo doesn't carry the salt of Comey's, never will. Apparently, Comey has a long history of taking memo's after every important meeting he's ever had, meetings with presidents most definitely included. So are you saying when he wrote this memo back in January he was lying?

link   

Comey was so meticilous that he forgot to purge all the incriminating classified files ranging from 9/11 to the murder of Seth Rich in his office. Guess who has them now.

link   

How do you know that Comey's "notes" are factual. If he is/was a never-Trumper or is in Clinton's pocket, he could write or say anything.

+5 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So Comey took meticulous memos?

Sweet can we also see his memos on his conversations with Lynch, Obama, Hillary, his conversations about Seth Rich, Anthony Weiner, and the rest of the people involved in the HIllary investigation.

Can we also get his memos when he supposedly decided before the investigation to not pursue charges against hillary, when he made the decision to not have hillary testify under oath, and where he allowed HUma who herself was being investigated to be present for HIllarys interview.

Somehow I doubt those memos will not be released.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

That's a question you can only ask Comey and Trump. I don't have any answers for you but I do believe the answers you want will be coming out sooner rather than later.

On the flip side of this, Comey takes memos after each meeting but Trump has a long history of recording his meetings (he recent threats to Comey about recorded meetings only confirms this), his version of a memo. So, looks like there may be even more evidence of either a) Trump is innocent or b) Comey is innocent, provided by both parties.

Tick tock.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The notion that his supporters are going to defend him no matter what is silly.

I won't feel a thing. If he's guilty, go ahead and impeach him.

but on the contrary, if he's innocent and this is an attempted coup. I will feel sorry for America.
edit on 16-5-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Funny, I was just talking about Trump's recordings.

You can't say the memo doesn't exist because you don't like the Liberal media. As the title states, the memo is about to be subpoenaed. If and when it's discovered that memo exists and is real, what will you do then?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

If and when he is removed and disgraced, what then Trump supporters? How will you feel and what will you do?

I can bet they'll find all kinds of excuses. They'll blame everyone except Trump himself.

-He was set-up
-It's all lies
-Blame the democrats
-It was the media's fault
-He did nothing wrong.
-Blame Comey
-Blame Obama
-Blame Hillary
-Blame your mother

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Silly huh? I've seen nothing but blind support and defense of Trump since he started to gain popularity. It's almost to a point that a lot of his online supporters have become nothing but cult members. For examples, go to his largest online community, The_Donald, but even here on ATS he is viciously defended at all costs.

I can only think of a handful of times ATS Trump supporters questioned him or his actions, but those questions were fleeting and they were back aboard the Trump Train before they knew it.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What a mighty assumption. I would expect no less from you.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

If the memo existed, they would have plastered it all over the place by now.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I have a pen, and I have paper. Come at me congress!

Can they subpoena without having opened an investigation?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join