It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PA county Sheriff team paid me a visit at the local polling place over my flyers...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Wasn't it different because the others we're not passing out THEIR flyers... but for someone else? Whereas you werent... it was your PERSONAL agenda... Where theirs was not.....

He can pass out personal flyers as long as he indicates they were prepared/financed by him and not endorsed by any candidate.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So, leaflets are not covered:

"Individuals and Other Persons
A disclaimer must appear on any "electioneering communication" (defined below) and on any public communication by any person that expressly advocates the election or defeat of a clearly identified candidate or solicits funds in connection with a federal election.
Application
Specific examples of public communications that would require a disclaimer include:
Public communications coordinated with a federal candidate (i.e., in-kind contributions or coordinated party expenditures) that are paid for by a political committee or that contain express advocacy or a solicitation;
Independent expenditures;
Electioneering communications;
A communication that solicits funds for a federal candidate or a federal political committee or that contains express advocacy; and
Political committees’ web sites.
Definitions
Public Communications
As defined in FEC regulations, the term "public communication" includes:
Broadcast, cable or satellite transmission;
Newspaper;
Magazine;
Outdoor advertising facility (e.g., billboard);
Mass mailing (defined as more than 500 pieces of mail matter of an identical or substantially similar nature within any 30-day period);
Telephone banks (defined as more than 500 telephone calls of an identical or substantially similar nature within any 30-day period); or
Any other general public political advertising. General public political advertising does not include Internet ads, except for communications placed for a fee on another person’s web site
11 CFR 110.11(a).
Electioneering Communications
As defined in FEC regulations, an "electioneering communication" is a broadcast, cable or satellite communication that fulfills each of the following conditions:
Refers to a clearly identified federal candidate;
Is publicly distributed within 30 days before a primary election or within 60 days before a general election; and
In the case of Congressional candidates only, is "targeted to the relevant electorate"(can be received by 50,000 or more persons in the district or state the candidate seeks to represent)
11 CFR 100.29. See also Federal Register notice 2005-29 [PDF]."

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I am going to do a Right-to-Know request at the Sheriff's for the supposed report. I also briefed my lawyer, who is working on a comprehensive lawsuit that should iron out some kinks in the system.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Shove that boot up their ass so hard they will be coughing up leather! I mean legally of course. Fight the good fight Flyer, your doing more than 99% of your critics.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Career politicans are the communites worst enemies because they care only about raising more money for their next election and they will do or not do whatever it takes to get reelected.

With such a person, you are likely to find yourself fried or skeward for their career.

They likely beleive in nothing accept their own position and money and their continued gravy train. They will never upset those that count for your sake or that of your community.

In terms of policy they will believe in and support only whatever will get them high in the polls.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

FlyingFox, It sounds like you were specifically targeted. But I guess you know that by now. Most likely, your online efforts are generating far better results, because they reach more of the target market. In that you can take great solace and pride!

I do hope some of the ATS members who spend all their time in "Trump Hate" mode, will read your Opening Post and learn from it. If you don't like who's running the show, take ACTION to change things, like the wise FlyingFox does.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Understood..thanks. I was suggesting that a polling place so designated may be different in passing out personally independent flyers.*

I did too and iIt didnt stop me and the 1960's protesters when we did it to protest Nam and to stop the war...so I get it!

Thanks again AM.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

No worries. Glad to help.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
At my polling place, everyone in line turned around and flat-out told 2 people announcing to each other (friends? I think) who they were going to vote for to STFU, no influencing at the polling place. They STFU all right, message came across loud & clear. If it's within sight or earshot of waiting voters/a polling place, it's unacceptable.

Stick to taping/stapling to the stop signs & light poles. You are obviously trying to influence people at voting stations & I'm appalled you think you're in the right to do so.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This was outside the polling place, with the other electioneers.

More in a few minutes....

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Brought to mind the clashes we had at the 60's and early 70's elections.... We held our ground... But the po-po still carried us away.

"Disorderly conduct" or "disruption of a polling place" if I remember right. $100 fine... Charges dismissed when we protested to the judge we had that right... to peaceful protest...and after the law made us take our signs across the street.

I wouldn't move and sat down... They then carried me... Ah, those we're the good old days! Thanks again....

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I had a busy day yesterday. I reviewed some bogus building permits issued to friends of the mayor. It took a RTKL request and often visits to court to obtain access. I had a police babysitter for the session, who was cool. I explained how right-to-know is an evolving area of law, so not to expect us to agree on every little aspect of the transaction. I reminded the secretary I intend to review the files and photo the docs I wanted, which is intended to save me $.25 a page. I waited to see if I wanted any of the docs, and the one I found I said "I'm not leaving till I get it". Secretary claimed no, she had time to redact it, etc....I told her no, this is the review in progress and I'm entitled to anything I find...now.

I figured if they want to have the cops there, I may as well go ahead and make a report about some files I discovered missing last year. I requested some specific files and got an affidavit they don't exist, oops, I already had copies, now... what happened to the ones in the boro files? That's public property missing.

The secretary freaked out when I changed the meeting subject. I like to get people into a relaxed ground state before I test them, wow did she overreact. Local cop told me to take it to the state police. Even if I don't I still have it hanging over their heads. These type games are the only way I can protect myself at all.

I did some research at the courthouse, looking at some prop lines so I dropped into the Sheriff's office with a right-to-know request....another 2 for 1 mission.

I can't believe this lawyermayorjudge guy goes onto the local news stories and accuses every other poster of being me! He names me publicly, calling me a criminal from the petty M2 crime he actually participated in fabricating. I slay him like a fat pig online and in public at meeting, right in front of his own people. He's like a "scumbag in a suit", 50-something from a high functioning background, GW law and some other not-quite-Ivy-League school. He was a paratrooper, his dad a big whig who passed a long time ago (???) Now a chronic alcoholic living at his mom's home and at a coke bar where he is a silent partner. He's a fully developed creature of the area, but also a victim of the mediacracy here.

I'm more than a match intellectually, he looks like he's sitting on a chair full of tacks when I speak at meetings. The thing is I didn't spend my whole life locally cultivating that scumbag network lifestyle. So people voted for corruption....my game hasn't changed, it's all the more acute now.

I wish it wasn't so, but I will have to let my building there go, a 160 yo brick & brownstone schoolhouse. It's not going to be worth spending my life energy to revamp the town, to revamp the neighborhood, so I can then invest more work and time in that building when I have lots of other opportunities. Since the election, and going forward, I'm still going to perfect my craft....but as so often in these cases, you give up caring that you'll make things better, jsy not caring about the outcome is the way to go. I will still run my game, and maybe get some basic services returned to my area. All I have to trade is the fear they have of me, I can exchange a future of punishing them for pavement and demo of the condemned building next door.

Ill post a lil more later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join