It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MISINFORMATION vs The TRUTH - To the Old Fogies with a Good Memory!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
No disrespect meant by the title... just a little clickbait to get some interest in the question...

It seems everyone is aware of the political climate right now. We all know the stories and the scandals. I'd like to hear from people that have been around for a while, who may have seen this very kind of bs over and over.

Is history just repeating itself and this is the same political circus that's happened in every other time?

Is this all just the same ol' same ol'? Or is Trump actually pulling as much radical $h!t as the media wants me to believe? Is North Korea just pissed off as usual? Or are they really prepping to nuke someone?

I mean... those are questions.

Try to keep the thinking within YOUR time for better comparison. What YOU have seen unfold. Unless of course, our present time parallels a startling ancient narrative that has biblical wrath of god implications. Then of course, reference history.

----

My opinion is... yes... it most certainly is the same ol' same ol', but this time around it has much more illusionary variables. Obviously in the 40s there just simply weren't as many outlets to get information, and consequently, less opinions on the matter.

Nowadays, there are many different ages of people from different times and different lands with totally conflicting ideas that all get their information from different sources with completely different opinions and narrative of THE TRUTH. I mean it's just a cluster$#@%. I feel, like I'm sure many others do, that I don't have a clue what's going on anymore. I don't know who or what to trust. It's less clear than it use to be.

This feels like MISINFORMATION

I'd be inclined to suggest that the spreading of misinformation is proof of an underlying psychological, totalitarian regime. Something far more advanced in structure than ANYTHING that would get green lighted for a movie.

----

As an added bonus to this post, a very special S&F goes to the one who spots the movie reference.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
What we have today is campaigning for the 2018/2020 elections.

Lots of people lost big money in 2016.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yes, I believe this is unprecedented. I don't remember this much going down ever before. The Nixon debacle did not occur until basically after events dictated it and then was largely event driven and was a circus no doubt but still nothing like this.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

36 years of life in the US and I have never seen anything like this.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This past election cycle reminded me of the 96 elections.

Pat Buchanan ran as an "outsider" Republican.

The MSM gave Mr. Buchanan NO CHANCE AT ALL to get the Republican nomination. When Mr. Buchanan started winning primaries... and threatened to overturn the gubment's apple cart... He was branded as a racist by the Clintons.

Does any of this sound familiar?

It is insanely difficult to convince people that you are not a racist, once you have been branded as one. The difference between Buchanan and Trump, is that President Trump had enough money of his own to fight back...

edit on 16-5-2017 by madmac5150 because: Banana Phone

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

I've read some Christopher Hitchens on the Clintons and he was no fan. I don't remember that cycle... I was a kid.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This tone has been winding up since Clinton was impeached for lying under oath. Since then, the tone and vitriol has steadily ratcheted up. I thought it might die down after Obama was elected, but it didn't.

If this really does stem from the Clinton Machine, then maybe I shouldn't be surprised given how Obama took it from Clinton then.

But now the howls of outrage after Trump took it from Clinton ... this? I've never heard this. Maybe they had something like this during the anti-Vietnam stuff on the campuses, but this is completely insane in my experience.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I`ve never seen the media or politicians act like this in any other presidential election or act this way towards any other newly elected president,something is very different about what`s happening now.
The level of unprofessionalism and bias by the media and politicians is far above and beyond anything I have ever seen in the past.

I`m only 57 so I don`t know if I qualify as an old fogey.

Politicians and the media used to pride themselves on their professionalism and credibility but I`m not seeing any of that now.

even during the Nixon scandal (which I watched on the news ) the media and politicians never went anything close to full retard like they are doing now.

The fact that the media and a lot of politicians have gone completely bat# crazy tells me that they are desperately trying to hide something that is very very big.

edit on 16-5-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Good Op and bumped. I went official fogey last Nov: no offense taken.

For the political disinfo-- I can recall no time in my life when open
rioting by losers and subsequent destruction of public and private
property was call "demonstrating" by the MSM. Where were the cops...
it was Inauguration Day! Ever since, collective meltdown on every front.

I can also recall no unrelenting wall of vicious BS by that media and
other establishment embedded ticks against a legally elected POTUS.
It looks like a large area of the country wanted Trump. If the truth
is sufficiently toxic to the status quo (with all the big guns) we're toast.

PS: Fox talking point:
"SNL Ratings Surge on Trump Ridicule." The offense never rests.
edit on 16-5-2017 by derfreebie because: Inauguration Day RIOTING ? Welcome to Bizzaria v.3.0

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

No, '72 was not like this. That was a slow burn. And it was the Republicans that finally called a halt to the Republican Presidency. The country was less divided than it is now. The concept that half of the country would support one political party over the best interests of the nation would not have been remotely considered.

What is happening now is unprecedented in how it is unveiling itself.

It will not end well for any of us, regardless of whomever you voted for. On that note, care more about your country than your political affiliation.

Flame away...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

It's too early to tell, in my opinion. Based on the evidence at hand, I would say there are two things out of the ordinary. I'm 50 (almost) and can not remember a time when the press has been so obviously and unabashedly biased. I put this to the fact that 6 companies own all of the press. The other thing out of the ordinary is the virulence of the minority in both the house and the senate. I think this has been building since the whole Tea Party movement.

We are bereft of leaders. There is no honesty in politics or the press. Everyone of them, every single one, is about the money.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

The problem with caring more about our country is that I do think each side has a very different idea of what that country either is or should be.

We may be looking at open rebellion from within calling itself the Resistance, but they could very easily be in charge and then our options would be very different and very ugly all the same.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
My first election experience was a stunning defeat for george mcgovern.

I guess whether or not this is new behavior depends on how closely you look at the behavior of the media.
Certainly, this is the first time in my memory they've gone "full retard" on the President, current or past.
Nixon and Clinton era media did not digress into a general melee about every aspect of the man's character.

On the other hand, we've seen media feeding frenzies before - time & time again.
Examples too numerous to mention (OJ...) . It's basically a primitive psyop distraction.
As long as it makes them money, I think that's the fallback position for media conduct, great if it advances the party line (whomever's party it is at the time).

ganjoa

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

exactly! even during the Nixon scandal nobody was going to absurd lengths to defend, rationalize or justify what he did,nobody was going to absurd lengths to embellish what he did and make it seem even worse.we all, republicans, democrats,the media, knew that Nixon had done something unethical and illegal and that was enough to convince everyone that he had to go.

Something very big is being covered up and the desperation that the media and a lot of politicians have resorted to tells me that they are extremely worried that they may not be able to stop the lid from blowing off and exposing everything.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Except for propaganda is legal and tech is way better!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
History will try

Those approached

Stalemate of words and press

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
1960 vintage,

Too young for JFK and 68' riots. Well remember Watergate as was first political scandel paid attention to.

The resulting political climate was not good and started the long slide into total polarization of today.

Now it seems facts or lack thereof is met with "I see nothing, I hear nothing, I speak nothing" that will interfere with pre-existing beliefs even if the beliefs are based upon pure nonsense. MSM has institutionalized this to a great degree.

The hatred expressed due the above is very different than before, even during Obama the discourse was not near this vitriolic.

Used to be "agree to disagree" now it's "you should be exterminated" if in opposition to certain political agenda.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

2016 - Lots of Scandals, but very few MSM stories about them.

2017 - Lots of MSM Stories, but very few real scandals.

FLIP-FLOP

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Of course it's the same only different. Nixon was pretty clever, but ultimately it was the tapes that got him. Trump for instance has probably got digital media in a package that could be tossed in the river, and never seen again unless there is remote access that somebody might just have...would it matter, maybe, however Trump is thick, and loves to do tweetypies that everybody can put in their pocket, plus being a disaster at media interviews, and in both cases suffers from foot in the gub comments that are totally ruinous for him in the long or short run, all according to if a good lawyer is man enough to knock out Donald's teeth and stick a gag in the opening..otherwise he's burgered.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I was 14 living in Mississippi in 1964. The current environment reminds me of the Goldwater campaign. He divided the Republican party like it is now. Families were divided too. Nuclear fallout was on everyone's mind and Vietnam. I don't know if D.C. lacked this many patriots. That was kind of a big deal back then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join