It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we witnessing an attempted coup?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: AboveBoard

Ill tell you what I know.

I know I was against the war in Iraq. I was appalled at Obamas wars like in Libya and Syria.

I was furious with both administrations refusal to prosecute anyone in the banking crisis. I am tired of the two parties seemingly disagree on things, only to agree on all of the big things like open borders, bailing out banks, and arming rebels that end up being the next generations adversaries.

I am tired of Americans losing their rights in order to fight these enemies that these groups created. I am tired of the lies from the mainstream media on both sides.

And the comes Trump. And you know what I saw, all of those establishment people that for over twenty years have lied, butchered, and stole HATED the man. And that was enough for me to give him a chance.

Now you want me to believe that the same FBI that couldn't arrest on banker, the same media that went along with the iraq war and all of Obamas wars like Libya, the same establishment politicians that never follow through on their promises to their constituents, we should now trust them without seeing any evidence that Trump is a Russian assett?

I am sorry but no dice. I want to see proof, not Rachel Maddow showing me a copy of Trumps returns that show no wrong doing while she discusses one of his friends having a yacht next to a Russian.

You go on and cheer for the establishment. You cheer for unelected rulers that will continue to drive us to wars, perhaps the big war next.

I will continue to fight for truth. If Trumps guilty, lets see it. But I am not going to take these peoples word that have continued to produce no progress, arrest no bankers and just bail them out, and cause more foriegn conflicts, all the while they tell me how they should be celebrated and given peace prizes.

Very well said.

There is some gold being laid on ATS here tonight!

Getting to the facts is the maid idea. It's good to see people that are true to that and not a party.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I know I was against the war in Iraq. I was appalled at Obamas wars like in Libya and Syria.

I was furious with both administrations refusal to prosecute anyone in the banking crisis. I am tired of the two parties seemingly disagree on things, only to agree on all of the big things like open borders, bailing out banks, and arming rebels that end up being the next generations adversaries.

I am tired of Americans losing their rights in order to fight these enemies that these groups created. I am tired of the lies from the mainstream media on both sides.

And the comes Trump. And you know what I saw, all of those establishment people that for over twenty years have lied, butchered, and stole HATED the man. And that was enough for me to give him a chance.

Now you want me to believe that the same FBI that couldn't arrest on banker, the same media that went along with the iraq war and all of Obamas wars like Libya, the same establishment politicians that never follow through on their promises to their constituents, we should now trust them without seeing any evidence that Trump is a Russian assett?

I am sorry but no dice. I want to see proof, not Rachel Maddow showing me a copy of Trumps returns that show no wrong doing while she discusses one of his friends having a yacht next to a Russian.

You go on and cheer for the establishment. You cheer for unelected rulers that will continue to drive us to wars, perhaps the big war next.

I will continue to fight for truth. If Trumps guilty, lets see it. But I am not going to take these peoples word that have continued to produce no progress, arrest no bankers and just bail them out, and cause more foriegn conflicts, all the while they tell me how they should be celebrated and given peace prizes.

This is called thinking rationally without emotion.

You can't be any more logically sound than this right here.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Isn't it cute when some try to apply logic.

The last guy weaponized the IRS to destroy his opponents.

Trump will be President whether impeached or not.

Slick Willy saw to that...

I will take logic over accusations with no proof any day of the week

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: DAVID64

Yes, they are throwing every little thing they can find with the hope that something sticks.

They are not even trying to hide it.
This is an organized, aggressive, violent coup attempt - the American way.

Trump has such a cult of followers that there's literally nothing the man do to lose their loyalty and obedience. Since when is a newspaper article equated to a coup? So, criticism of a sitting politician's incompetence is treason? Before you wrap yourself up in an American flag, you might want to read the constitution. The checks and balances exist for a reason. If you want a dictator and doting followers, you're in the wrong country.
edit on 17-5-2017 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Erm, he's a pathetically unqualified idiot who bloviates about tings he doesn't understand, was surprised about how much work being president actually involves, doesn't understand the legal limitations of the Presidency (he can't do whatever he likes), doesn't understand the way that the legal system works, doesn't understand how to get legislation through Congress and doesn't understand how much of a hypocrite he is for always vanishing off and playing golf every weekend.
And yet you think that there's a possible coup going on because things are going badly.
(Hysterical laughter)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

A coup is straight up use of force.

Doing it within the legal rules of the game is not a coup.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Erm, he's a pathetically unqualified idiot who bloviates about tings he doesn't understand, was surprised about how much work being president actually involves, doesn't understand the legal limitations of the Presidency (he can't do whatever he likes), doesn't understand the way that the legal system works, doesn't understand how to get legislation through Congress and doesn't understand how much of a hypocrite he is for always vanishing off and playing golf every weekend.

Former President Obama agrees.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
This is certainly the most sustained and coordinated effort to take down a President that i have ever seen.
Crazy times. Political ideologies have turned people mad. The last decade in the US has been such a divisive time in the history of the country.
Liberalism must be stamped out for any sense of normality to resume, but right now it feels like stage 4 liberalism and might be very difficult to cure.
edit on 17/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Quoted for truth, and total agreement.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Superb, mate. Just superb.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

All I know is Trump has p!$$ed off a lot of people, will there be a coup? if so get it over with because governments need stability, and i'm sure the far right fanatics that have been thumping their foreheads against the keyboard should've realized by now that Trump was not the man for the job because in this day in age being too far right just doesn't work.

Granted he has stuck to his guns on certain policies but he he still is a walking contradiction and his tweets and public announcements are proof of his bipolar points of view.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

All I know is Trump has p!$$ed off a lot of people, will there be a coup? if so get it over with because governments need stability, and i'm sure the far right fanatics that have been thumping their foreheads against the keyboard should've realized by now that Trump was not the man for the job because in this day in age being too far right just doesn't work.

Granted he has stuck to his guns on certain policies but he he still is a walking contradiction and his tweets and public announcements are proof of his bipolar points of view.

What? You are ok with a coup as long as it brings stability? Be careful of the stability you seek.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You bought the act, Grambler. The conman's ruse.

That's all it was.

Trump and Bannon want to be your Dictator for real. You can't see it but it's all there. Open your eyes before they tear this country into further chaos. That is what they want. And it's coming. They are cornered. They know the FBI can legitimately bring them down. He's a criminal.

You are on the other side of the American wall Trump already built alongside the great divide of pundits and politicos who have been USING us on all sides to further their agendas.

Trump wants to be Putin. I don't want to live in an American Authoritarian Oligarchy

Believe what you will. I can't change any of your minds and I know that. *shrug*

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

That's all it was.

Trump and Bannon want to be your Dictator for real. You can't see it but it's all there. Open your eyes before they tear this country into further chaos. That is what they want. And it's coming. They are cornered. They know the FBI can legitimately bring them down. He's a criminal.

You are on the other side of the American wall Trump already built alongside the great divide of pundits and politicos who have been USING us on all sides to further their agendas.

Trump wants to be Putin. I don't want to live in an American Authoritarian Oligarchy

Believe what you will. I can't change any of your minds and I know that. *shrug*

No, I think those that voted for Trump bought the chance of ending the years of corruption and crime under Obama and Bush. Nice of you to change what someone 'bought' when they already explained exactly why they gave Trump a chance, though.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The crazy thing about all of our arguments is that both sides really agree with your major points against the establishment. If Trump were up to the task I think we all would be very very supportive. In the end we had a choice to vote for one of the most reviled people in politics and a poor businessman and reality TV star.

What you see today is a petulant child who hasn't ever had to answer to anyone because he owned his company. Point blank he isn't qualified to be a head of state. I think we all want to see a radical departure from our previous manners of governing.

This isn't a unified effort to take down a president, this is a person who in essence is a spoiled brat and is exactly what he appears.. Unqualified.

Does that mean I want Pence to take his place. Am I longing for Hillary, Obama, Reagan et al? No way, our country needs change but Trump is proving he is not the agent for this change.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

That's all it was.

No, I think those that voted for Trump bought the chance of ending the years of corruption and crime under Obama and Bush. Nice of you to change what someone 'bought' when they already explained exactly why they gave Trump a chance, though.

That's what was being advertised, and I don't blame you for having hope or voting for something good.

The problem is he is not the man he claimed to be - you are the victim here of his lies and false persona. I hope you get angry at him for it, just like the people who trusted him and bought into Trump University got angry when they realized they'd been scammed. Just like the American banks who stopped lending to him when they realized he would use bankruptcy to screw them over got angry and closed their doors to him.

I don't think you are bad for wanting an honest government! I think you were sold a bill of goods by a conman and his minions who would very much like to be a dictator and ruling family. I think they will do everything they can to turn your anger towards people like me because they can feel the noose tightening and hear the sound of pitchforks being sharpened. They know it's their only hope to remain free and in power. Please don't fall for their lies again. (Ok - you are not from here so we will let this speak to those who did vote and to you as a Tump supporter.)

Your side is not alone in wanting dignity and honor and decency and accountability in our government. All good people, regardless of affiliation, are of the same mind and heart in that regard. If we stop fighting each other and deepening the divide, we might just have a chance to create a much greater and more perfect union than we have now.

Peace, UK.

edit on 17-5-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
For whatever reason the powers that control the MSM, have decided to go all in in trying to remove Trump. I supported and still support him, but only because the Left has become diametrically opposed to almost everything I believe. I don't particularly desire a Trump-Bannon( or really think it possible) dictatorship, but I'd honestly prefer that to rule by those screeching the loudest about Trump. It's not Trump's actions that lead to that preference either it's the left's. If they succeed in removing Trump, watch what those that voted for him put in power next, if they even bother to try to do it peacefully. I've said since last year, Trump was the only chance, and a slim one at that, to peacefully shake up the system enough to maybe get some equilibrium back. The Left and globalists that fund it came so close to total victory that they are willing to risk total immolation in order to remove Trump. I know I get burned once the fire is lit, the only consolation to that is that many on the other side will be surprised as that same fire consumes all that they love.
edit on 17-5-2017 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
There is a blatant all out frothing at the mouth 100% attempt at a coup by the majority of the United States media. It's completely astounding to watch.

I don't think the USA will ever be the same. After watching the liberal media openly campaign for Hillary (and lose) and now watching them run negative press coverage of Pres Trump 24/7 where every story is anonymous source and there is no proof or evidence of a single thing they are reporting.

Add to that an apparent majority of the US citizens believe these fake stories enough to think he should be impeached! Over zero laws being broken and zero proof.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I stand open to the fact that Trump may be a liar.

If he is, I will be against him as well.

But you claims of dictator ship are ridiculously over blown. What has he done that is a dictatorship. Did he do something like unilaterally declare that many of our immigration laws shouldn't be enforced? No that was Obama.

What has he done thats a dictatorship? Every time people say that they say The Muslim ban or the wall, or something else. None of this was the act of a dictator.

There is not one piece of evidence (which has been admitted by even dems and investigators) leaking Trump to russian collusion. You just assert the evidence is out there in your post, and yet you show no proof and the investigators say they have none.

The only thing that Trump has done that the establishment cheered was his bombing of Syria. So to the people you cheer for, wanting Americans to have jobs is evil and the act of a dictator, but bombing a country is a great thing.

You have all but admitted that my post about the establishment having unending wars, bailing out bankers and just not caring about the people is true, so are you saying Trump is liked by the establishment?

Again, maybe he will suck. But the most likely way he will is by going along with the estlishment war making mentality that you seem to cheer for. Its clear at this point they still hate him, so I would say he is the best chance of ending their corruption.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

That's all it was.

That's what was being advertised, and I don't blame you for having hope or voting for something good.

The problem is he is not the man he claimed to be - you are the victim here of his lies and false persona. I hope you get angry at him for it, just like the people who trusted him and bought into Trump University got angry when they realized they'd been scammed. Just like the American banks who stopped lending to him when they realized he would use bankruptcy to screw them over got angry and closed their doors to him.

I don't think you are bad for wanting an honest government! I think you were sold a bill of goods by a conman and his minions who would very much like to be a dictator and ruling family. I think they will do everything they can to turn your anger towards people like me because they can feel the noose tightening and hear the sound of pitchforks being sharpened. They know it's their only hope to remain free and in power. Please don't fall for their lies again. (Ok - you are not from here so we will let this speak to those who did vote and to you as a Tump supporter.)

Your side is not alone in wanting dignity and honor and decency and accountability in our government. All good people, regardless of affiliation, are of the same mind and heart in that regard. If we stop fighting each other and deepening the divide, we might just have a chance to create a much greater and more perfect union than we have now.

Peace, UK.

You'll need to come up with solutions as opposed to telling people they fell for something you believe to be a con. What you are describing with Trump is actually the status quo. If he does represent the continuation of the lying, treasonous governments of the last 20 years all across the Western world, then, sure, we'll have to 'wake up'. However, given your thought process, I would have expected more in terms of the route forward.

The fact that he is so hated by the established order, and has moved on quite a few of his promises over the first 100 days, does not support your assertions.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join