It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we witnessing an attempted coup?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

but if they don`t find something soon they are going to end up like the boy who cried wolf.

if they do eventually find something that he is guilty of nobody is going to care or believe it because of all the false alarms.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Feel free to point them (logical fallacies) out.

Why? You too lazy to figure it out?

Yes...the REAL American public.....you know...the ones that voted for Trump because they were tired of the direction the US was headed....and won.

Oh, so only Trump voters are "real Americans". What I figured.

Even though I am concerned about the direction this country is going, I don't qualify as being a "real American"...based on whom I voted for.

Sorry my response doesn't fit your agenda, but I'm tired of beating around the bush with you in threads.....

You're not beating much, let alone bush.

Logical fallacy is the fact that under oath, all intelligence agencies involved in the Russian BS have stated they have found nothing, yet the agenda is still being pushed. Logical fallacy is those oushigmng the agenda leading others to believe there will some super important find that will throw Trump out of office. Logical fallacy is every single MSM outlet continuing to push and agenda with "unnamed sources" And expect the public to continue to believe. That is the very definition of logical fallacy....it defies all logic.

None of that defines logical fallacy, nor provided a good example of one.

Not surprised.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: introvert
Those that say he is guilty are being just as illogical as those that say he is innocent.

Both sides need to get their #, and logic, together.

Logically speaking, our justice system is founded on innocent until proven guilty. It bears mentioning that everyone who is presently presuming Trump's innocence has tradition and common law on their side while those presuming his guilt are not only wrong, but many are doubling down by verbally mocking and attacking all who don't agree with them in their biased presumptions... actions also known as "coercion," which is itself a serious crime.

The presumption of innocence is not the same as defending someone as being as such.

Big difference.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Its NOT any Liberal agenda

The agenda is in Syria!

Good grief man, this is more than about white folks being free to talk mean to minorities.

IF Trump won, it’s because he conned the lower middle class whites in the Rust belt with nationalistic, jingoistic, rhetoric on economic issues. Those people care little about political correctness; if they did, they wouldn't have voted for Obama twice. They voted for him on economics as they voted for Trump on his make America great con.

Good to know you're all about other countries and have no care about what is going on here.

I am old...have seen many presidents...have lived on the street....have raised a family and continue to.

I "pray" what I teach them sticks, because when it comes down to it, if it's you or them I don't want them to to hesitate.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I'm really so tired of you and your cohorts continuing to deflect. I'm fully convinced you would spin trump standing over a dead body with a knife in his hand. The level of ignorance is astounding.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

"pre·sump·tion
1. an idea that is taken to be true, and often used as the basis for other ideas, although it is not known for certain."

Cite

So if I am operating on the "presumption" that Trump is innocent of the accusations being leveled and I am posting information that defends that "presumption" where is the difference???

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga

I'm really so tired of you and your cohorts continuing to deflect. I'm fully convinced you would spin trump standing over a dead body with a knife in his hand. The level of ignorance is astounding.

If you don't think highly of that poster(s) then why are you worried about what they say?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

The presumption of innocence is not the same as defending someone as being as such.

Big difference.

It is actually above and beyond the call, yes, but again it isn't the defenders who are in the wrong. 100% of the burden of proof lies on the accuser. If the accusers cannot produce proof that withstands scrutiny, then that's not an example of "defending someone as innocent" to call out the flimsy evidence, it's dismissal of flimsy evidence.

Also at play here is the psychological projection of the media and the more rabid left, which have routinely cried wolf over this president and, at every juncture to date, have failed to produce the evidence needed to demonstrate that president' guilt. Credibility matters, and in most courts credibility runs opposite to the magnitude of the burden of proof. If you have a lifelong LEO who has served with distinction through his career, his testimony carries more weight and less burden than, say, a pathological liar who has been seen falsely accusing others on multiple occasions. We're seeing the same levels of unfounded allegations coming from the same sources time, after time, after time... the mockery and rejection of those isn't "defending the presumption of innocence," it's simple human nature to stop believing people who have been time and again proven liars and agenda driven charlatans.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Those that say he is guilty are being just as illogical as those that say he is innocent.

Both sides need to get their #, and logic, together.

Logically speaking, our justice system is founded on innocent until proven guilty. It bears mentioning that everyone who is presently presuming Trump's innocence has tradition and common law on their side while those presuming his guilt are not only wrong, but many are doubling down by verbally mocking and attacking all who don't agree with them in their biased presumptions... actions also known as "coercion," which is itself a serious crime.

Big difference.

Maybe you should write the big networks and send them the definition....

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well 'technically' it's "innocent until shown to be guilty", "proven guilty" assumes guilt before innocence can be proven.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

The media is trying to sell us the guilt of Trump with the same credibility as that guy who used to sell toupe's in a spray can.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LockNLoad

Well 'technically' it's "innocent until shown to be guilty", "proven guilty" assumes guilt before innocence can be proven.

That's a semantic argument at best. The law has zero requirement for proving innocence. This is why a defendant cannot be compelled to testify if he or she wishes not to AND why juries are instructed to not allow the lack of defendant testimony to play a role in their verdict. (whether juries actually apply those instructions and, truly, whether such instructions can break through the inherent bias most people fell towards that choice is another topic entirely... but the letter of the law is clear on the subject.)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ron Popiel

Arguably more credibility and more integrity than the majority of modern "journalists."

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Easy... I'm just yanking your chain, although I do like the way I say it better.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga

Blue is one of the most reliably solid members on this site, sport.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Its gonna be interesting to watch how all this unfolds.

I wonder what President Pence will say about this in a few months.

link   

Hey I have one of those Ronco rotisseries and that thing works freaking awesome, I cook my turkey in it for thankgiving.

Set it and don't really forget though.

link   
We shouldn't have to prove Trump's innocence because as of yet, there has been no accusation of guilt with any real credible evidence to back it up.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
We shouldn't have to prove Trump's innocence because as of yet, there has been no accusation of guilt with any real credible evidence to back it up.

Isn't it illegal for the Director of the FBI to conceal evidence of obstruction of justice by the President of the United States for several months?

Wouldn't it be unethical for that FBI director to then disclose that evidence only after being fired by that president?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
I wonder what President Pence will say about this in a few months.

If it happens, the socially liberal in America will quickly realize what a joy President Donald J Trump was. It's funny, I've watched LGBT folks join in venomous protests against Trump since the middle of last year and while I can't say I particularly care which direction America goes in terms of gay rights, I can't help but think they're pretty damn dumb to protest this man. Washington DC hasn't seen a Republican as accommodating and caring towards gays as Trump is. Until he ran for POTUS, he was routinely complemented by famous homosexuals for his progressive attitude towards the LGBT community.
www.advocate.com...

Trump may not be way out in left field, endorsing special treatment of gays, but the chasm between his attitude towards gays and Mike Pence's attitude towards them is massive. Be careful what you wish for.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join