It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we witnessing an attempted coup?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I know. Pathetic isn't it? That they'd rather tear this country apart, than see it prosper under anyone not a Democrat. Oh, wait....it didn't for the last 8 years, so I have no idea what they're bitching about.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I immediately thought of this article I read earlier today saying something similar.

CNBC

There is, indeed, a bombshell of a story coming out of the news that President Donald revealed sensitive information during his White House meeting with Russian officials last week. But it's not that President Trump committed any crime. The really alarming news is that the duly-elected President of the United States appears to be the target of a political coup.

First, let's be clear: President Trump has been sloppy, arrogant, and just plain misguided plenty of times during his short tenure in office — including the way he handled the firing of FBI Director James Comey and the hiring and firing of National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. And if he did unnecessarily compromise the source of the sensitive information he shared with the Russians, shame on him.

But a president cannot be removed from office for arrogance and sloppiness. The Constitution sets specific grounds for impeachment. They are "treason, bribery, and other high crimes and misdemeanors." To be impeached and removed from office, the House and Senate must find that the official committed one of these acts.

Here's what I think is the bigger scandal: Someone at the highest levels of government has leaked information to the news media about President Trump's discussions with Russian officials. That's potentially a serious crime. And, this wasn't the first time.

I didn't want to quote the entire article, but it's a pretty short read and I recommend it. I'm not a Trump fan--I didn't vote for the guy either--but the media blitzkrieg against him has been unlike anything I've ever seen. At some point, people need to get out of the way and let the guy do his job. I dunno, the faux outrage is starting to get redundant.

One more part I thought was relevant:

If anything, these constant attacks coming from this obviously angry and potentially illegal place are only strengthening the resolve of Trump's base of supporters. They elected a guy they believed was truly the enemy of the established political class. And right on cue, the established political class is stopping at nothing to prove them right.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I think our government should start pressing charges on people making these lies and mischievous misrepresentations of things. It is an attempt to disrupt our government, if that isn't a terrorist activity, what is? The press is trying to destroy our governments reputation, not just Trump. They are trying to discredit the Republican party. This is definitely a problem that needs to be addressed, this is not simple reporting the news, they are twisting the facts. Another words, they are spreading fake news and using their interpretations to discredit a political party.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Yes.

It's an attempted coup by Desperate Democrats to gain lost power in the 2018/2020 elections.

All they have is 90% of the MSM that ended up losing the 2016 election !!

People will realize they (the MSM) is funded by big corporations and pr firms and ad firms that pay for everything we see and read.

Really? Oh but if it were only Dems. Too many old repubs in on this as well. How do you fight everyone?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Sometimes the truth just rears it's ugly head too. I'm an independent ftr.
Personally I feel Trump is just not that bright and may have done/said some things he should not have in his position of power, on more than one occasion,but hey that's just my opinion.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I've had the feeling that every single "scandal" recently about Trump is manufactured BS from Obama/Clinton and the Cabal who have weaponized the media and have all these idiot miseducated liberals and other gullible "adults" buying into it and perpetuating the stories. It's been working, so they keep pummeling him with accusations even if there is no real story.

It is a Global attack on Trump....I live in Canada and no longer watch my local news because they constantly headline accusations against trump they HERALD THEM ....then they quietly and quickly comment the Whitehouse refutes the claims......my MSM station PLAYS UP THE FAKE NEWS IN AN ANIMATED EXCITED MANNER and then they screw Trump and the American Government and People by minimising reality and maximising "Fake News"......lol...the fake news surrepitiously supporting the fake news....lol....to much.

The broadcasters are literally ACTORS.....and some schill owns the Station some TPTB schill runs MY CORNER OF THE WORLD.....lol....yes IMHO they are trying to game the system.What they arent considering is how miffed off people all over are becoming.....now we KNOW who owns MSM and that because MSM is privately owned they are like domestic terrorists and there is no other definition possible.

Ya lie to me....Ya lie to my Kids....Ya lie to my Parents...Ya lie to my Siblings...Ya lie to my Grandparents....Ya lie to my Neighbors and Friends...Ya even lie to my enemys........and you sit somewhere in your own living room?...scott free?.....some barely paid actors feed me this crap?

You do this in MY COUNTRY?......tis a shame isnt it?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity is it possible for Trump to abandon the Reps and create his own party or run as independent? He clearly hates both parties. His draining the swamp includes both parties as well.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I've had the feeling that every single "scandal" recently about Trump is manufactured BS from Obama/Clinton and the Cabal who have weaponized the media and have all these idiot miseducated liberals and other gullible "adults" buying into it and perpetuating the stories. It's been working, so they keep pummeling him with accusations even if there is no real story.

The media was weaponized long before Obama/Clinton.
COINTELPRO.
Also, you can't tell me that certain staff in high places in dissemination of media don't get an extra paycheck from the CIA for "delivering the story". There are those people at every major news source. The whole psyops game of keeping everyone all "rabble, rabbble, rabble" against each other. And so many people believe "their source" whether it's fox or CNN and run to message boards to bitch.

We are not seeing anything we are not supposed to...
edit on 16-5-2017 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
www.diogenesmiddlefinger.com...

First there was the Russian leaks.

Now we have the Comey memo.

For the record, if Trump is guilty of violating any laws, he should be punished. I have repeatedly stated that. If he is guilty of influencing Comey, influencing an investigation, then fry his orange butt!
I am really trying to stay truthful to the law and not going to play partisan with this.

Fry the man if he's guilty!

But if he is innocent, are we seeing an open, attempted coup? Because they are throwing everything (even the kitchen sink) at the man. In the site sourced, people are suffering from Trump Unacceptance Resistance Disorder.

What are they going to leak tomorrow?

When will it end?

Is Trump guilty? If so, will that impact Hillary or Obama?

Or are we honestly looking at a coup? We're in the middle of history, regardless. If he is guilty, we'll see an impeachment, much to the delight of practically everyone.

But if he is innocent, then we might be seeing the end of our nation.

I leave you with a very dramatic meme. . . . . .

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a coup. I will also be right there with whomever if anything ever does come out with Trump trying to undermine the US.

I am also one that believes if nothing does that the folks in charge of the "charge" should be responsible for restitution and public apologies to the US citizens that have had to endure the endless onslaught of ridiculous claims.

Just as one side has an agenda, so should they be held responsible should that agenda be proven false.

I would love a tally of the amount of taxpayer dollars spent on this witch hunt....and when nothing comes of it I would love to see public humiliation and firing of those involved.

I mean how much money does a 30 second ad on any MSM broadcast cost? If proven false, shouldn't those outlets pay back the amount of time spent on pushing an agenda equal to the amount they charge for a commercial segment? Solely because of the "innocent until proven guilty" aspect of it.

I truly do wonder what the media really gets from it. It's been proven that most CNN ratings are high because of deals with airports and gyms to have them playing constantly even when nobody is there watching. They base ratings on how many boxes are tuned in, not how many are actually watching....I don't think many people actually realize this.

What's sad is most advertisers don't get this either and they keep spending money despite marginal returns. I would love to see what the returns are on advertising for a local business in a liberal heavy market...not that it would be any different for a conservative heavy market, but the amount of liberal dollars going into advertising has to be double that of conservative based solely on the number of MSM outlets on the tube.

I mean it's obvious how it's used based solely on Amazon. Go ahead and get an Echo and sign up for Prime.....then create a separate folder emails you get about Washington Post.....its dumbfounding how they use the US public...."here click this link for all the news you need"....biased spin and all. Don't believe me? Sign up. Then go to archive sites and see the difference between news pre-2013 And after Bezos bought it post-2013....and feel free to come back and argue the point.

+1 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I know this much:

If Trump is innocent and they succeed, I see the kind of people who are following them and I am genuinely afraid to live in the country they would take charge of.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

It's not a coup, but I do think you hit the nail on the head when you say "If he is guilty, we'll see an impeachment, much to the delight of practically everyone".

We screwed up. We elected a man that was not qualified, was a known douchebag and has no idea how to run a nation like a crappy African dictatorship, let alone the US.

I understand why he was elected. On principle.

OK. We get the point. Now let's get serious and back to business.

Trump is a joke and will probably hang himself out to dry in the long run.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I've had the feeling that every single "scandal" recently about Trump is manufactured BS from Obama/Clinton

Trump had to people in his campaign who were paid foreign agents, but yet everything is "manufactured?"

No, Trump is a traitorous, criminal scumbag. Remember this is a man who admitted to bribing officials on live television.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Trump is course, is crass. he's unpolished. He speaks bluntly and does not sound like a politician.

But is he guilty of any crime?

If so, fire him.

If not. . IF NOT. . . then is this how politics is going to be played from now on?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I know this much:

If Trump is innocent and they succeed, I see the kind of people who are following them and I am genuinely afraid to live in the country they would take charge of.

We are watching the rise of the new SS Sturmabteilung the SA

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Implying that having Pence as POTUS would be a bad thing.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Who is this "we" you speak of. I very much doubt you voted for him.

+2 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

We put up with Obama illegal actions for over eight years, and no one cared enough to do anything about it.

So why is Trump so important?

Obama treated the Constitution like toilet paper and did everything he could to destroy the United States in my "opinion".
edit on 16-5-2017 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

link   
It honestly disturbing how the media/liberalswill continue to blow things out of proportion with this supposed memo from Comey, but they don't seem to care/discuss Seth Rich's murder?? I know, just a likely botched robbery, which would make sense to why wikileaks and Julian Assange have both tweeted about his "questionable" death... Lets ignore the murder of a 27 year old DNC worker who likely leaked information to wikileaks and put focus on a memo that states Trump asked for Comey to drop the Flynn investigation.. He didn't demand, but as President, he asked... I guess asking for things nowadays constitutes "obsturction of justice" in the alt-left's mind...it really is a total and complete sh*t show.. The liberals don't care how ridiculous they look, they will continue this nonstop blitz at Trumps character/Presidency and wont stop till they get what they want (like children)... I guess they must want Pence bad...
edit on 16-5-2017 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: CB328

I've had the feeling that every single "scandal" recently about Trump is manufactured BS from Obama/Clinton

Trump had to people in his campaign who were paid foreign agents, but yet everything is "manufactured?"

No, Trump is a traitorous, criminal scumbag. Remember this is a man who admitted to bribing officials on live television.

So guilt by association is now a crime?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

We put up with Obama illegal actions for over eight years, and no one cared enough to do anything about it.

So why is Trump so important?

Lolwut? You forgot about the birth certificate for starters.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join