It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation -FAKE!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

If this were a snippet from Comey's memo and from his mouth or hand, perhaps it would be taken more serious and not cast so many shadows.

However, it is not. Therein lies the issue.

We are all waiting to see.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Agreed.

I just wanted to reiterate the point that no matter how much doubt can be thrown on this story, the man who allegedly has the memo is known for writing verbose memos regarding all of his activities as Director. Should the memo find it's way into Congress or to the hands of the media some crow will be served fresh, compliments of POTUS. I hope the taste is delightful.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Some sources are saying that this is all Comey's doing as some sort of revenge against Trump.
www.axios.com...

IMO Comey should come out and make a statement if not divulge the full memo. Having news agencies speak on his behalf does not seem to align with his character.

To say the memo doesn't exist is a tad naive, I'll agree but to take the media at face value is even more so.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Could you really blame the guy? I mean even it is a revenge dig at Trump for firing him... Comey was great at his job. Despite what happened with the Killary mail servers, he was not political. He made a mistake by making a statement but ultimately he tried to shield the FBI from politics and it back fired.

If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times. The man is highly respected in the intelligence community. To believe that there is not memos regarding his interactions with the President, especially if those interactions included attempts to win some loyalty from him, would be very naive indeed.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Well...kinda. He should be above all this. I will concede that he was pulled into the politics however I remain steadfast on some sort of extra pressure from Lynch/Clinton/Obama. Regardless, they shouldn't speak on his behalf.

James Comey

Interesting tidbit:

Comey was reportedly chosen over finalist Lisa Monaco, who had overseen national security issues at the Justice Department during the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, on September 11, 2012

edit on 17-5-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Another wild rumor story from the NYTimes and other MSM picking it up and flying the flags of BS.

This new one is about some alleged memos from fired FBI Director James Comey.

OF COURSE, the "sources" are questionable as usual.

HaHaHa

The Left Wing BS Propaganda MSM is having a field day with this.

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.

The existence of Mr. Trump’s request is the clearest evidence that the president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.

Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.

according to two people who read the memo

rumor has it this one of the 2 people:

So, you've decided it's fake and that's why you've put that in the OP title?

Seeing as you personally can have no way of knowing if it is or not (but then again, maybe you are Trump!! It would match to the absolute sh!t right wing links you often use that are so often nothing but BS), your title must in itself be considered fake until proven - fake news. Of course, you could be McMaster, which means tomorrow you will be saying it's not fake, but it doesn't matter, the president is allowed to do whatever he wants.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Comey was despised by Democrats 7 days ago. Now he's their darling, and he likes it!

He's now writing, back-dating and leaking these memo notes with abandon.

""President Donald Trump asked former FBI Director James Comey to consider imprisoning journalists for reporting classified information, The New York Times reported, citing a memo the head G-Man wrote after speaking to Trump.

The conversation, the paper reported, occurred in February following the resignation of National Security Adviser Mike Flynn.""

www.newsweek.com...

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
if Comey really was asked to "stop investigating Flynn", shouldn't he have reported it immediately to the DoJ? Did he?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The NYT have categorically positioned this as obstruction of justice. If it is not the editors and owners of the newspaper should join WaPo on charges of sedition. Punishment has to dished out here one way or the other.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: whismermill
if Comey really was asked to "stop investigating Flynn", shouldn't he have reported it immediately to the DoJ? Did he?

No he did not, which makes me sceptical that he could now claim that he felt that Trump was trying to force him to stop the investigation. He hasn't claimed this yet, but we'll see what he says...

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Comey is as corrupted and any of those in the FBI that has taken money or are related to the Clintons by association and Comey made plenty thanks to his links with them and so McCabee.

So to say that Comey is clean is just a joke, they will do what they are good at.

Play to the side that feed them.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It only tells how hard this media sensationalism aligning with the democrats are working hard to smear the president as hard as they can to create more frenzy.

I guess they want to claim later on the reason as how an American president was taken down.

Interestingly is not going to happen because if is true that Trump is at any fault, he will not let the wolves to impeach him.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Comey has always been a democrats lap dog. Interestingly when Trump tweeted to Comey about tapes no so long ago been released.

Its like a back and forward game of wills.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He's now writing, back-dating and leaking these memo notes with abandon.

Out and out lie unless you can prove it, which you can't. Why so desperate? If you keep coming out with statements as though they are fact when they are not, people will think you're just a shill if they don't already.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I think that may come down to the difference between 'asked' and 'told/ordered'.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

I think that may come down to the difference between 'asked' and 'told/ordered'.

No it doesn't. If what Comey heard from Trump gave him reason to believe that Trump was trying to obstruct justice then he should have reported it at the time. Comey also did not mention this in his discussions with the Senate Intelligence Committee, one in which he was more open than any FBI Director in recent times, according to Senator Burr. This can not have been concerning Comey that much. I am sure he will be asked why, if he's such a straight shooting hero (as the Democrats now see him), he did not come forward if he was concerned.

I would also have expected Comey to say directly to the President that he was not allowed to / or it was highly improper to ask to end the investigation if that is what he understood at the time to be happening, yet no mention of Comey's reaction has been shared from the memo he wrote. Did he clarify and ask Trump if he was telling him to stop the investigation? If so, what was said?
edit on 17/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Comey is now under scrutiny if indeed he leaked classified memos, he was the FBI director and leaking classified information in order to smear a president with media sensationalism is going to put him in a legal battle.

Now, is here say without the actual memos and now the NYTimes is been pressure to produce them.

This whole leaking bias played by the two media outlets and sensationalized by the main news media outlets is going to end up on a legal battle along with Comeys leaked classified information if is true.

That is what people are no seen.

They want to stop Trump from getting a new FBI director, because McCabee is another Clinton money trail lap dog.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Seeing as neither you nor I were there, you should be putting a caveat around this as it's your opinion if Comey believed Trump was trying to obstruct justice. An 'ask' as opposed to a 'tell' may have been perceived differently, it may not. It may have been reported but not yet made public, it may not. It may be that seeing as Trump has no problem with contradicting anything the White House has put out by means of damage limitation that people are reluctant to actually say anything at the moment, it may not.

It's certainly funny how people are so desperate to see Comey as the bad guy even if Trump did indeed attempt to pervert the course of justice...

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Seeing as neither you nor I were there, you should be putting a caveat around this as it's your opinion if Comey believed Trump was trying to obstruct justice. An 'ask' as opposed to a 'tell' may have been perceived differently, it may not. It may have been reported but not yet made public, it may not. It may be that seeing as Trump has no problem with contradicting anything the White House has put out by means of damage limitation that people are reluctant to actually say anything at the moment, it may not.

It's certainly funny how people are so desperate to see Comey as the bad guy even if Trump did indeed attempt to pervert the course of justice...

You just made the point as to why it is irrelevant what Comey wrote. His perception is not evidence of what Trump said or meant. My point does not require me to be there. Comey has neither raised this with the deputy FBI Director or the Senate Intelligence Committee. Those are facts. Both sources have confirmed it.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Comey under the Democrats,

He is bad,
He needs to be fired,
He is not good as the FBI director

Circa 2016

Today,

Comey is Jesus reincarnated

Democrats love him.

What a joke, the Democratic party is killing themselves one day at the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join