It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation -FAKE!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

It's a question that needs to be asked, but I'm guessing that they had permission to record or transcribe it in order to take a full account of the meeting back to their superiors.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: butcherguy

It isn't classified.

What makes you think it isn't classified? Have you seen it?

I read in one of the articles by the MSM outlets that say it exists.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

How would they get such a transcript, so quickly?

Secured Smart Phones.

Secured Embassy Transmissions.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
According to Comey himself when questioned by Senator Mazie Hirono under oath on May 3rd:

HIRONO: So if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

COMEY: In theory yes.

HIRONO: Has it happened?

COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that -- without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.
Source

Compare these statements under oath with the NYT Headline "Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation"

edit on 17-5-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Liquesence

How would they get such a transcript, so quickly?

Secured Smart Phones.

Secured Embassy Transmissions.

Exactly. Unless they taped the entire thing, which is the troubling part.

Hence the point of my original post.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

It's a question that needs to be asked, but I'm guessing that they had permission to record or transcribe it in order to take a full account of the meeting back to their superiors.

Whether they had permission or not: both are equally troubling.

Hence the point of my original post.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Not necessarily. That's part of why the question needs to be asked, to also determine if its out of the norm for foreign officials to record or transcribe such diplomatic meetings. I suspect that it is not, but obviously, I can't claim to know that for a certainty.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Comey has not answered yet the invitation to testified, so far the intelligence committee has asked him twice.

They will ask again one more time, I guess if he doesn't answer back by then a subpoena will be issue.
edit on 17-5-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

This Comey guy is an Obama appointee. He was the final holdover from the Obama admin. If I were Trump I would have fired his ass on January 20.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

The acting FBI director now is another left over, both Comey and McAbee had ties to the Clintons. But as you know the hold over the appointments to the Trump cabinet was delayed by the democrats they delay as long as they could, so the FBI appointments would have been the last in the list.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
According to Comey himself when questioned by Senator Mazie Hirono under oath on May 3rd:

HIRONO: So if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that -- without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.
Source

Compare these statements under oath with the NYT Headline "Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation"

Wow, great find. So Comey either lied under oath or he has never had the feeling that he was asked to stop the investigation! How comes you can find this but CNN, WaPo and NYT can not????? Makes you think...

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Source

Great find!!

You should start a thread with that headline. You need to draw attention to that discrepancy, imo.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I can't take credit. I found it off of everyone's favourite Trump subreddit while I was eating lunch.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: marg6043

This Comey guy is an Obama appointee. He was the final holdover from the Obama admin. If I were Trump I would have fired his ass on January 20.

Because... scorched Earth?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Nice try, but he was answering a hypothetical question that did not include the President in the hypothetical.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Nice try, but he was answering a hypothetical question that did not include the President in the hypothetical.

Read the last sentence of Comey's answer. "It's not happened in my experience."

That final statement is not hypothetical...it's declarative.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Is that right?

But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something [a specific investigation] for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Did Trump literally tell Comey to drop the investigation?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Did Trump tell Comey to specifically drop the investigation into Flynn, or did he simply say that Flynn is "a good guy?" All of this will be parsed by the Special Counsel, who is presumably better versed in these nuances.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Did Trump literally tell Comey to drop the investigation?

Nope. Since he did not ask Comey to drop the investigation, what is this about again?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join