It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was going to join MUFON

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Whats up with MUFON? I went to the site to check out becoming a member and the site is like Amazon "Click here to spend money" I know it's Nonprofit or is supposed to be , , Want to know your guys thoughts? Their head quarters are about 30 min away wouldn't mind becoming a Field investigator How's their credibility nowadays? I am a bit turned off by the Buy Buy Buy however.
edit on 5/16/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: correction

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

the last one was almost a year ago

uh no they have reports coming almost dayly

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Really? click on the last 20 reports the last one was reported a year after the sighting in 2016 - Or do they just post ones they have investigated?
edit on 5/16/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Pulling up MUFON I read that 13 of the last 20 reports took place in 2017.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Ooooh, if you join, let us know what it's like. Maybe the buy, buy, stuff is to fund their efforts?

Would be awesome to hear from someone who is doing field work!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

Pulling up MUFON I read that 13 of the last 20 reports took place in 2017.

You are correct I was reading them wrong..

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Takes a bit to fully load but it is there.

I agree the asking for money part is overdone.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I am an FI for MUFON. I won't be renewing next month. There are a ton of hoax's, more then you can imagine. You pay MUFON to become an FI and they keep wanting more and more from you, all the while you are a volunteer.

I've never been pressured to buy buy buy. The pressure comes from do this, do that re paperwork from reporting.

After 3 years I stopped one day and wondered why in the heck am I supporting MUFON with my membership? What am I getting from it? Not much.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Whats up with MUFON? I went to the site to check out becoming a member and the site is like Amazon "Click here to spend money" I know it's Nonprofit or is supposed to be , , Want to know your guys thoughts? Their head quarters are about 30 min away wouldn't mind becoming a Field investigator How's their credibility nowadays? I am a bit turned off by the Buy Buy Buy however.
I'm sure there are field investigators who do their best to do an honest job but the top management at MUFON has been under heavy criticism for having low credibility such as supporting this hoax:

MUFON Jumps the Shark

MUFON has fabricated documents to look like genuine secret government UFO documents, and presented them in Hangar 1 as if they were authentic, with no explanation or disclaimer. If that isn't downright dishonesty, I don't know what else to call it.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

MUFON is utterly useless in my own experience. As are all of the other high profile UFO folks, money is the primary motive for their organizations.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Glad I decided to ask and now that I think of it they have to be for profit , I was thinking non profit like 501c3

new topics

top topics

join