It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to Kill Flynn Investigation

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
A PAPER memo written right after Trump told him that he may have been tape recorded, and then back dated to February. Comey has had 2 full weeks to come up with this unique idea, LOL.

That's what I heard. It was written recently based on notes he took in Feb. hahaha! A paper memo based on personal notes jotted down. Unbelievable!

edit on 16-5-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: BlueAjah
So.... Comey would wait until he is fired to make this claim?
Yeah... that sounds credible.

NOPE...

Actually he documented it when it happened. Made formal memo's and shared them with Senior FBI agents and aides at the time he documented them.

He wanted a formal accounting of every legally or morally questionable interaction he had with Trump.

Trump claims he has audio tapes...Let's see them..The Senate intelligence committee is already considering strategies to request them...nicely or subpoena..

These types of memos recounting conversations by FBI agents are considered court admissible evidence.

This was the Director of the FBI..

And he has witnesses for each accounting at the time, since he had the foresight to discuss and share the memo's with Senior folks just in case # like this happened.

This is going SOUTH for Trump...And I don't mean Mar Largo

So what I get from this is you are saying it has to be a senior FBI member that is illegally leaking classified info.

Let the prosecutions begin.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Obama never asked to end the Clinton investigation. Nor did he ever comment on it during the campaign.
Not ever.
Sorry.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: AnonyMason
a reply to: RazorV66

You didn't read each word, did you?

"or by any threatening letter or communication, influences, obstructs, or impedes, or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede"

Threatening isn't the only word there, is it? If I were Donald Trump I would be more concerned with words like "influences, impedes, or endeavors to influence".

And again I notice that you and silly had no problem with Obamas influence on Hillarys investigation.

None...

I know it is strange to ponder people of integrity exist...but NONE..

Well thank you for admitting you are a partisan hack.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Indigo5

Reports are saying Comey did not share this "info" with anyone... not McCabe, not Burr.... no one.

So, who are you saying he shared this memo with?
?

What reports???

Read the article?

The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.

Mr. Comey shared the existence of the memo with senior F.B.I. officials and close associates.

Mr. Comey created similar memos — including some that are classified — about every phone call and meeting he had with the president, the two people said.

After writing up a memo that outlined the meeting, Mr. Comey shared it with senior F.B.I. officials. Mr. Comey and his aides perceived Mr. Trump’s comments as an effort to influence the investigation,

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

When your boss says "I hope you can" .... what do you think he means? I hope you don't? What are the bosses expectations upon making a statement like that to his employee? If your boss said that to you?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

"or by any threatening letter or communication, influences, obstructs, or impedes, or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede"

Threatening isn't the only word there, is it? If I were Donald Trump I would be more concerned with words like "influences, impedes, or endeavors to influence".

And again I notice that you and silly had no problem with Obamas influence on Hillarys investigation.

None...

And you are delusional right wing nut-sack?

Getting personal now are we?

You claimed Pres. Obama interfered with the HRC email investigation..

Did I miss the part where you provided solid evidence of the same?

maybe an FBI memo recounting him telling Comey to drop the investigation?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They spoke to the times. They read the memo to them.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: whywhynot

In this case, the ultimate source is identified as Comey himself which makes it substantially different from other articles citing leaks from anonymous sources.

Comey can kill this straight away by saying it's false if he chooses. Furthermore, according to reports from a few days ago, Comey has expressed a willingness to testify before Congress but only in a public. You can imagine that this will be one of the very first questions asked by a Democrat if it hasn't been shot down by Comey before that time.

Comey lost all credibility when he didn't report it in writing when/if it happened.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

When your boss says "I hope you can" .... what do you think he means? I hope you don't? What are the bosses expectations upon making a statement like that to his employee? If your boss said that to you?

Well first I would think the same thing if he told me "I know that the person you are investigating is innocent" as Obama did.

Also if I felt that my boss was pressuring me to do something unethical I would have contacted the relevant people.

What I would not do is say nothing, wait for months until I got fired, and then illegally leak the info to the press.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Oh snap. Well that settles it doesn't it?

Ha ha

Because the president doesn't lie right?
Because the Whitehouse doesn't deny everything right?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

What memo? Has it actually been provided to anyone? Remember the Times has not actually seen it to confirm its existence. All they have are two anonymous sources claiming it exists and that they read from it.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

They spoke to the times. They read the memo to them.

But they did not show the Times the actual piece of paper ... so how does anyone know they were reading a memo again?

link   
This is a timed release of information, well coordinated and possibly to cover up the Seth Rich story. This is not a new memo... It had been in circulation since February, including outside the FBI.

However, my gut feel is that this one is true.

If so then the MOST important thing is the context of what was said and the actual words.

To be obstruction of justice, by law, there has to be specific intent to corrupt. What may play against Trump is that he allegedly asked Pence to leave the room so he could talk in private to Comey.

This story is the first real foothold democrats have acheived in their goal of ousting the President.

Interesting few days and weeks ahead.
edit on 16/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Grambler

Saying that you think someone is innocent is not the same thing as saying drop the investigation. If I knew someone was innocent, I would welcome an investigation - it will officially show that nothing wrong was done.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Do you hold that same position if for let's say a certain madam?

You are a walking double standard miss!

Even if Trump did want that to happen he didn't directly say so. Think of it as a letter of recommendation.

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I am confused now ... Obama did or did not do those two things again?

link   

None...

And you are delusional right wing nut-sack?

Getting personal now are we?

You claimed Pres. Obama interfered with the HRC email investigation..

Did I miss the part where you provided solid evidence of the same?

maybe an FBI memo recounting him telling Comey to drop the investigation?

No he just declared to the world she was innocent, much as Trump did to comey about Flynn.

Then his DOJ who was in charge secretly met with the person being investigateds wife. That was only found out by luck of a local reporter seeing it.

Then he defended his doj not recusing herself.

And again, no memos were illegally leaked like what happens everyday with Trump, so we have no choice to belive Lynch that she just talked on a secret tarmac meet8ng about grandkids.

But that was an adminstration of intergrity as you say, so you are cool with all of that.

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The fake news is starting to fold over,

to the point that is been embellished to see if it stick long enough.

Hey but if it keeps you hopeful I am nobody to take it away from you. Everybody on their own dreams.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Like most things, I think if they had something ironclad or truly substantial, they would have brought it before now instead of using it as a coverup story.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join