It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to Kill Flynn Investigation

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: JinMI

Bull. I was the boss.

Of what?

What the hell are you responding to?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

Obstruction of justice is defined in the omnibus clause of 18 U.S.C. § 1503, which provides that "whoever . . . . corruptly or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication, influences, obstructs, or impedes, or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede, the due administration of justice, shall be (guilty of an offense)." Persons are charged under this statute based on allegations that a defendant intended to intefere with an official proceeding, by doing things such as destroying evidence, or intefering with the duties of jurors or court officers.

Cornell University Law School Definition

Take special note of the "or by any threatening letter or communication, influences, obstructs, or impedes, or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede"

Fits the definition of obstruction by the text of the law.

Asking is different than TELLING. It was a request and didnt stop anything. So if it didnt impede or stop it...where is the obstruction? it didnt even influence comey apparently.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yet you are unwilling to state the obvious, that no president ever has had the intelligence community leaking to hurt him this much, or been attacked this much by the press.

Sure. I will admit that's a possibility. But obvious? No. It's not obvious.

What's much more likely is that we have a president that has the IC lacking confidence and has given them enough red flags to cry foul.

You make it seem as if I am being unreasonable, when I am waiting for facts to come out. Yet something will not allow you to admit the obvious, their their is aan unprecedented attack against Trump.

If you do not know the facts, how can you say it's an unprecedented attack? It may not be an attack. It may be well-founded and they are trying to protect our best interests.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
It looks like acting FBI Director McCabe perjured himself before Congress, right Leftists?

He testified before Congress that there was no interference from the White House in the Flynn matter.

Honestly, why do you continually attack leftists?

Generalisation much?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert
I am saying these leaks are an unprecedented attack. You are saying perhaps that attack is justified. Ok maybe it is. But its still an unprecedented attack, and its illegal.

You are jsutifying these attacks by saying maybe they are breaking the law for the good of us.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
With all due respect, you folks are being naïve.

IF this all power intelligence agency or agencies who are upending Trump were so powerful than Hillary would be president.

THIS IS ALL A SCAM!

Nobodies this dumb but us!

Trump is just a punching bag for the elite who want to use him as a wedge to get cred back for their truely devilish puppets: the MSM and the neocons.

Their riding on Trump's hide back into respectability

We’re all being scammed, played like chess pieces, puppets, marionettes

Were all members of the marionette party

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Comey is free to release his own notes any time he likes. This wasn't classified info it was his personal account of a conversation he had with the president. Not a leak.
They're putting it right out there.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: jtma508
Oh-oh. Multiple news outlets are reporting that a Comey memo says that Trump asked him to end the Flynn investigation. This is breaking news so no details are yet available. But if true, this could be todays cluster for The Donald.

source

Would this constitute obstruction?

To answer your question, is it impeachable, yes and no

With a GOP congress no, but if the dems take over after the 2018 election yes.

IT is clearly a crime to ask an investigator to go easy on somebody when you are in the position of a president.

Trump will of course deny it, or just say I was merely suggesting he go easy.

But with this, the Comey firing, just imagine Obama or Hillary doing similar.

What would all you Trump lovers say to that

Right.

I mean, say the head invesitigator of an investigation into someone met in secret on aa tarmac with that persons husband. And then assume she didn't recuse herself from the investigation.

Oh wait, that happened! And where was the media going ballistic on that?

If you are referring to Lynch, she was not the head investigator. She was the head prosecutor.

True, I guess that makes it ok then right? I mean as head prosecutor, it was her decision to press charges or not, whihc is even more important than investigator. But no big deal, right?

Makes it ok? No. It looked bad and they should not have done that, for the very purpose you bring up. Optics.

It doesn't matter that Comey was spot-on with his assessment and that there was not enough to indict Clinton. People wanted her head, despite precedence and proper interpretation of the law.

Too many people were worried about how it "looked".

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

IF this all power intelligence agency or agencies who are upending Trump were so powerful than Hillary would be president.

THIS IS ALL A SCAM!

Trump is just a punching bag for the elite who want to use him as a wedge to get cred back for their truely devilish puppets: the MSM and the neocons.

Great! Then you are on the side of us that want to regain control of our government, and you are against all of these illegal leaks and overblown unproven accusations.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Oh-oh. Multiple news outlets are reporting that a Comey memo says that Trump asked him to end the Flynn investigation. This is breaking news so no details are yet available. But if true, this could be todays cluster for The Donald.

source

Would this constitute obstruction?

To answer your question, is it impeachable, yes and no

With a GOP congress no, but if the dems take over after the 2018 election yes.

IT is clearly a crime to ask an investigator to go easy on somebody when you are in the position of a president.

Trump will of course deny it, or just say I was merely suggesting he go easy.

But with this, the Comey firing, just imagine Obama or Hillary doing similar.

What would all you Trump lovers say to that

Right.

I mean, say the head invesitigator of an investigation into someone met in secret on aa tarmac with that persons husband. And then assume she didn't recuse herself from the investigation.

Oh wait, that happened! And where was the media going ballistic on that?

If you are referring to Lynch, she was not the head investigator. She was the head prosecutor.

True, I guess that makes it ok then right? I mean as head prosecutor, it was her decision to press charges or not, whihc is even more important than investigator. But no big deal, right?

Makes it ok? No. It looked bad and they should not have done that, for the very purpose you bring up. Optics.

It doesn't matter that Comey was spot-on with his assessment and that there was not enough to indict Clinton. People wanted her head, despite precedence and proper interpretation of the law.

Too many people were worried about how it "looked".

Baloney, there was enough to get Hillary.

But say you are right. What is the precedent for charging the Pres for obstruction of justice for him asking the FBI director to drop a case?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Bleach bit. Ha ha a free down load to remove mall ware. Oh my.....

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Of course!

Both sides are as murky as each other.

And as Grambler says, its time for the people to regain their government. Politicians who are in it for the people and not their own backsides/back pockets.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I am saying these leaks are an unprecedented attack. You are saying perhaps that attack is justified. Ok maybe it is. But its still an unprecedented attack, and its illegal.

They are not unprecedented. Have you forgot about Manning?

You are jsutifying these attacks by saying maybe they are breaking the law for the good of us.

No. I am saying these leaks may be justified because they are true.

You're not concerned with the potential truth. You're worried about the "attack".

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Comey is free to release his own notes any time he likes. This wasn't classified info it was his personal account of a conversation he had with the president. Not a leak.

Thats not true at all. If the conversation was classified (which I believe it was) he is not allowed to release personal notes about it.

link   

When was that? When Obama said she was innocent?
No no dem praised Comey. Are you kidding?
There seems to be a problem with your memory or maybe it's just your imagination.

link   

THIS IS ALL A SCAM!

Great! Then you are on the side of us that want to regain control of our government, and you are against all of these illegal leaks and overblown unproven accusations.

That’s not going to get us anywhere.

The problem is the delusion that Trump is anything different than the usual puppet.

You people don’t understand...

NO ONE since Kennedy will be president unless approved by the deep state, PTB. the elite or whatever the hell you want to call it.

GET THAT THROUGH YOU THICK SKULL N BONES!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The country is in crisis right now, because of this incompetent dunce. I hope to God they prevent him from going on his big trip, because it scares the hell out of me what he might get us into with other countries.

He's boasting too much, and doesn't learn from his mistakes.

What do you call a person who doesn't learn from his mistakes? STUPID. I hope they put a leash and muzzle on him before this trip takes place.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Thats not true at all. If the conversation was classified (which I believe it was) he is not allowed to release personal notes about it.

What if Comey is telling the truth? Would you want the information to be disregarded? Would you?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert
Why do you keep saying I am not concerned about the truth, when I say in almost every post to you that I am waiting for more info and if he ios guilty lock him up.

You again say the leaks may be justified. No they are not, no matter what the outcome.

Manning wasn't multiple members of high ranking intelligence officials day after day after day, almost instantaneously releasing any info that makes trump look bad to their allies in the media.

But I guess we should just have people leak all of every politicians information, just in case they did something wrong., Can't wait to get those Holder Obama, and Lynch Obama memos.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Nixon instructed the CIA to discontinue the Watergate investigation. Do you think they should have?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join