It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to Kill Flynn Investigation

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert
I am not trying to change the subject. I was responding to someone asking when trump supporters would admit there is a lot of stuff he is being accused of. I said when will anti trumpers admit the attacks on Trump are unprecedented.

You changed the subject and didnt want to admit that.

I have said all along if Trump is guilty of something charge him. But I am getting tired of the media searching under every rock for anonymous sources saying anything from try likes hookers peeing on him to he eats two scoops of ice cream to try harm his presidency.

I am concerned about the truth of some of the leaks. In gfact, I siad with you earlier that I thought the idea of the Russians hacking the DNC was a bigger deal than you did. If it is proven that Trump worked in collusion with them to hack the DNC, not only would I like to see him impeached, but I would want him jailed fro treason.

If this leak is true, it is not that big of a deal to me. This is not obstruction. The story doesn't say he demanded the investigation be stopped, it sdoesn't say he asked someone to lie, he just said he thought he was innovcent and hoped the investigation was dropped. This is not illegal, and may happen all the time with presidents. We don't know because other administrations didn't have leaks this severe.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

This is complete fake news.

Even is there was a shred of truth to this obviously fake report, I seem to recall a former Presidential candidate's husband doing the exact same thing on her behalf.

As usual nothing was said by hypocrite liberals about that incident.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: jtma508
Oh-oh. Multiple news outlets are reporting that a Comey memo says that Trump asked him to end the Flynn investigation. This is breaking news so no details are yet available. But if true, this could be todays cluster for The Donald.

source

Would this constitute obstruction?

To answer your question, is it impeachable, yes and no

With a GOP congress no, but if the dems take over after the 2018 election yes.

IT is clearly a crime to ask an investigator to go easy on somebody when you are in the position of a president.

Trump will of course deny it, or just say I was merely suggesting he go easy.

But with this, the Comey firing, just imagine Obama or Hillary doing similar.

What would all you Trump lovers say to that

Right.

I mean, say the head invesitigator of an investigation into someone met in secret on aa tarmac with that persons husband. And then assume she didn't recuse herself from the investigation.

Oh wait, that happened! And where was the media going ballistic on that?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Even if the memo is real, and the conversation happened it likely will go nowhere. If Comey would have released this information prior to being fired it would be credible.

As it stands now, It will be one person's word against another unless someone else corroborates either side of the story.

We know Comey's credibility is shot by the way he handled Hillary Clinton.

It's quite sad the way things are turning out. I'm not sure the public will ever get the truth. Each side will continue to believe they are getting the truth from their guys, when it's likely neither side is coming forward with the whole truth.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Another twist and turn in a forever number of twists and turns. It goes this way, then that way. Oh. Could it be. Do my eyes deceive me. Yes. Yes it is. Here comes the looptie loop.

You do know the only way this will end is in obscurity and vanish without a trace behind some event that changes America forever. Then we relinquish more of our freedoms in the fight against nothing and be forever imprisoned buy the illusion of choice and free will.

Quiet the show their performing. Feels like one of M.Night Shyamalan movies.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

If this leak is true, it is not that big of a deal to me. This is not obstruction. The story doesn't say he demanded the investigation be stopped, it sdoesn't say he asked someone to lie, he just said he thought he was innovcent and hoped the investigation was dropped. This is not illegal, and may happen all the time with presidents. We don't know because other administrations didn't have leaks this severe.

Cmon... Youre a lot smarter than that. Its tantamount to saying "Well the boss didnt directly tell the secretary to sleep with him or she'd be fired. Therefor, he didnt sexually harass her by implying she should sleep with him" Its a little ... um... wrong, dont you think?

But - again- I hold firm to waiting until this is proven one way or the other. And what else is to come... from other memos to public testimony from comey.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to Kill Flynn Investigation

Comey lost any credibility he had when he started making excuses for Clinton.

link   
What's wrong with r president asking for a favor? That's how most self-made millionaires got that way.

link   
Note to Trump:

Please Trump don’t get impeached. Stay in the job, go ahead, and destroy the Republican Party.

Please Trump keep up the good work, DON’T YOU DARE QUIT

DON’T YOU DARE LET THEM IMPEACH YOU!

But Goddam Trump, just control yourself buddy, this isn’t Atlantic City

Chill out, this isn’t the mafia, you have to be smooth on this level. Smooth criminal! Your in the big leagues now, just behave, just long enough to destroy the GOP!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

Cmon... Youre a lot smarter than that. Its tantamount to saying "Well the boss didnt directly tell the secretary to sleep with him or she'd be fired. Therefor, he didnt sexually harass her by implying she should sleep with him" Its a little ... um... wrong, dont you think?

But - again- I hold firm to waiting until this is proven one way or the other. And what else is to come... from other memos to public testimony from comey.

The president has the power to pardon people. He is allowed to give his input on a case. If it was tantamount to him saying end the investigation, why didn't it end?

This conversation happened in February, and yet the investigation proceeded. In fact, Mcabe just testified that there was no interference by the white house on this.

Why only after Comey is fired does this info come out? Is comey the source of the leaks?

And do you really think that Obama didn't have conversatiopns with Lynch saying he hoped she didn't find the IRS or Hillary guilty? Do you think that Presidents don't have input on rather or not to persue cases all of the time?

Again, we don't know, because all other presidents didnt have the deep state waging a war against them.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I am not trying to change the subject. I was responding to someone asking when trump supporters would admit there is a lot of stuff he is being accused of.

Didn't you know ?

Trumps guilty of everything 'anonymous' sources say he is.

Case closed.

Justice served in the kangaroo courts of public opinion.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

And again Id say... Just because we assume all CEO's hit on their secretaries, doesnt mean we dont fire the one were catching in the act... in the moment... in the present time.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Only the jealous Trump hating MSM and the minority of anti trumper's care about what Comey says now.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Willtell

I hope he doesn’t get impeached, Pence is worse

That's the thing I don't understand, why the hell does the left want Pence?

Do they realize how bad it would be for them if he was the acting president??

Pence will be under the FBI microscope and the GOP won't let him screw up the 18 elections worse than what Trump has already done.

And Pence might actually "drain the swamp"

This is just the beginning, Trumps cabinet will soon be singing to save their own ass.

If you say so but if memory serves me right your predictions so far have been horrible, put Pence in there and I can bet after the first year you all will be begging for Trump to come back.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

President Trump is under attack and there is no solid proof of anything he is being accused of. Well....maybe there is photograpghic proof of the Two scoops of ice cream!

The Media that have incestuous relations with D.C. Dem politicians are angry, and they are using false narratives full of hyperbole, false accusations, annonymous sources, and outright lies as their weapon.

The People are our president's soldiers and we need to call out the lies and hypocrisy every time.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

this isn’t the mafia,

I can't stop laughing, government is so much worse then the mob.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
For whatever reason, the mods have decided that this commet goes in this thread
(sorry for gate crashing if y'all in ln hand bag slapp mode)
Trump 'asked FBI to halt Flynn inquiry'

President Donald Trump asked FBI chief James Comey to end an inquiry into links between his ex-national security adviser and Russia, US media report.

"I hope you can let this go," Mr Trump reportedly told Mr Comey after a White House meeting in February, according to a memo written by the ex-FBI director.

The memo was written immediately after the meeting, a day after Michael Flynn resigned, according to US media. The White House has denied the report in a statement.

*It's breaking news in Europe*

After firing Comey....
Trump has a wobbly mouth

Non Muricans see the current Potus as plainly 'unstable'

"Fake news" or not
Donald's twits speak to us all

"The Don's" words, demeanour and ...deeds
are not in keeping with a head of state
Let alone that of the USa

Many people are thinking ..
Don should be gone

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I am not trying to change the subject. I was responding to someone asking when trump supporters would admit there is a lot of stuff he is being accused of. I said when will anti trumpers admit the attacks on Trump are unprecedented.

And I gave you an example of how they are not unprecedented. By you own standards, the DNC leaks and the Hillary issue would be much worse. Were you worried about the leaks in that example? You know, the legality and all?

But I am getting tired of the media searching under every rock for anonymous sources saying anything from try likes hookers peeing on him to he eats two scoops of ice cream to try harm his presidency.

What if it's true? That was my point. You're dismissing these accusations without knowing the truth.

I am concerned about the truth of some of the leaks. In gfact, I siad with you earlier that I thought the idea of the Russians hacking the DNC was a bigger deal than you did. If it is proven that Trump worked in collusion with them to hack the DNC, not only would I like to see him impeached, but I would want him jailed fro treason.

If you're concerned, you should be sitting on the sidelines with people like me waiting for the truth.

We shall see. All we can do is wait. I'm not going to defend or criticize until we know more.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Well...one president has already been impeached an gotten off on a similar situation to what you propose based the definition of the word "is"....so I'd say anything is possible....

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

And again Id say... Just because we assume all CEO's hit on their secretaries, doesnt mean we dont fire the one were catching in the act... in the moment... in the present time.

I agree with you there. But I don't see how this is obstruction of justice. He siad he hoped there wasn't an investigation.

Then there was one, and it been going on for over three months. One of the FBI heads running the investigation said under oath there was no interference from the white house on it.

How is him saying he hoped Comey not investigate Flynn, but then allowing the investigation to occur obstruction?

You say you fire the person you caught, but you didn't catch him. You are maaking the leap that him saying he hopes there is no investigation is the same as him say I demand you end the investigation, but its not.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join