It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to Kill Flynn Investigation

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Jesus, you guys with your special prosecutor nonsense.
They don't exist fella. Haven't since 1999.

Stop parroting the media.
edit on 16/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Are you so sure about that. Remember when he asked for immunity but was denied?

Careful what you wish for sir. Flynn may have the testimony that brings down the whole establishment.

Michael T. Flynn

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Grambler

come one, its not a matter of if Trump will be impeached but when he will be impeached, republicans and democrats hate him, he never actually won the popular vote and his approval ratings are in the pits. That coupled with all this controversy around the FBI and what he might have been up to with the Russians surly means that his impeachment is all but inevitable.

Just give it time.

He won't last four years.

Yes thats true. vthe establishment hates him. Again, we see where the true motivation of you anti trumpers lie.

Elections don't matter to you. You will cheer the deep state on in their attempt to overthrow an elected leader.

I am glad you people of peace are so gung ho to leave the cia and other warmongers to drive our political system. Peace and love, right?

link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: whywhynot

In this case, the ultimate source is identified as Comey himself which makes it substantially different from other articles citing leaks from anonymous sources.

Comey can kill this straight away by saying it's false if he chooses. Furthermore, according to reports from a few days ago, Comey has expressed a willingness to testify before Congress but only in a public. You can imagine that this will be one of the very first questions asked by a Democrat if it hasn't been shot down by Comey before that time.

Comey lost all credibility when he didn't report it in writing when/if it happened.

If it did happen, he may not have reported it immediately because it could be just a smaller part of a much bigger issue/case.

I find the way many are approaching these issues to be highly concerning. We are being told about many problems occurring within the Trump administration regarding the investigations, etc, and far too many people are jumping in to discredit the reports as a knee-jerk reaction.

At what point do the defenders stop with the partisan hackery, take notice of what is going on and wait for the smoke to clear before they jump to conclusions?

At what point will anti trumpers acknowledge an unprecedented attack on the president by the intelligence community and their press allies?

There is a lot of information we simply do not know. What you call an unprecedented attack may be fully justified.

Trump and people around him may be guilty of what is being claimed.

Why would you or I either condemn or defend someone when we do not know the complete truth?

So far none of the leaks have been anything so horrendous that impeachment was necessary.

A whole lot of people disagree...

More Americans support Trump's impeachment than oppose it for first time, poll finds
www.independent.co.uk...

Poll: 48 percent want Trump impeached/41 percent Opposed
thehill.com...

I can move on to historians, legal scholars and Nixon experts if you like?

You STILL think popular votes mean something? That's cute.

link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Impeachment is not decided on polling... Neither are elections I might add.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

And you read his mind huh. Holy we have a mind reader everyone stop thinking now no need to continue.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Can't agree. The reporting is nothing less than hysteria... With nothing at all to warrant the kind of vitriol from some left wing sources.

Of course there is going to be some dramatics coming from some anti-Trump sources, but to call it a "sustained campaign" is disingenuous. The Left is not simply making these stories up for the purpose of pushing an impeachment campaign/narrative.

This latest one is also being reported in a quite ridiculous and irresponsible way. The discussion seems to be about impeachment before even getting all the facts and before even knowing if what was done constitutes obstruction of justice

Such is the nature of discussion. The media is going to publish personal opinion in order to fill air time or web space, but that is nothing new. The same thing occurred during the Obama admin, but to a much greater extent.

In that case, the Right Wing did fabricate nonsense and lies.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
WOW!

This isn’t drop drop drop, this is bang bang bang.

When is it going to stop?

What next?

Everyday, almost by the minute we get this crazy Trump routine.

I hope he doesn’t get impeached, Pence is worse

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Ok I said

At what point will anti trumpers acknowledge an unprecedented attack on the president by the intelligence community and their press allies?

You said

There is a lot of information we simply do not know. What you call an unprecedented attack may be fully justified.

Trump and people around him may be guilty of what is being claimed.

Why would you or I either condemn or defend someone when we do not know the complete truth?

In oher words, I can judge that this is an unprecedented attack on the president because the leaks are illegal. You are saying we should wait and see if they are true before judging. I say no, its illegal either way.

As for the term deep state, true liberals use it and fear them even more, like Glenn Greenwald. You know, people that are actually against nation building and warmongering?

Not the fake liberals that will cheer for unelected intelligence professionals (deep state) to attempt to opverthwrow a president so they can go back to waging war around the world.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

That's the thing I don't understand, why the hell does the left want Pence?

Do they realize how bad it would be for them if he was the acting president??

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Oh-oh. Multiple news outlets are reporting that a Comey memo says that Trump asked him to end the Flynn investigation. This is breaking news so no details are yet available. But if true, this could be todays cluster for The Donald.

source

Would this constitute obstruction?

To answer your question, is it impeachable, yes and no

With a GOP congress no, but if the dems take over after the 2018 election yes.

IT is clearly a crime to ask an investigator to go easy on somebody when you are in the position of a president.

Trump will of course deny it, or just say I was merely suggesting he go easy.

But with this, the Comey firing, just imagine Obama or Hillary doing similar.

What would all you Trump lovers say to that

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Why didn't Comey tell anyone about Trump "memo" for the last 3 months?

If Trump was "obstructing justice", why did Comey try to cover it up?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

This may be an attack on Trump from the media but Trump brought it on and is bringing it on himself

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Every day is close, but not by the minute, it's only right in time to make the 6:00 evening news.

A more cynical person might think this is carefully timed.

But you, of course, think it's "perfectly natural."

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

In oher words, I can judge that this is an unprecedented attack on the president because the leaks are illegal. You are saying we should wait and see if they are true before judging. I say no, its illegal either way.

I know. You tried to change the focus from what is being claimed against Trump and whether it's true or not, to the legality of the leaks itself. Similar to what the Dems are trying to do with Russia and the DNC hacks.

It's not about the truth within the leaks...you're concerned about how the leak got out. Would you call the DNC hack/leaks an unprecedented attack on Clinton?

As for the term deep state, true liberals use it and fear them even more, like Glenn Greenwald. You know, people that are actually against nation building and warmongering? Not the fake liberals that will cheer for unelected intelligence professionals (deep state) to attempt to opverthwrow a president so they can go back to waging war around the world.

It's been used by many, but now it is popular to use by Right Wingers that want to create a narrative of conspiracy around their perception of modern politics.

I'm not fond of those that parrot narratives and regurgitate propaganda terms.
edit on 16-5-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: jtma508
Oh-oh. Multiple news outlets are reporting that a Comey memo says that Trump asked him to end the Flynn investigation. This is breaking news so no details are yet available. But if true, this could be todays cluster for The Donald.

source

Would this constitute obstruction?

To answer your question, is it impeachable, yes and no

With a GOP congress no, but if the dems take over after the 2018 election yes.

IT is clearly a crime to ask an investigator to go easy on somebody when you are in the position of a president.

Trump will of course deny it, or just say I was merely suggesting he go easy.

But with this, the Comey firing, just imagine Obama or Hillary doing similar.

What would all you Trump lovers say to that

Can you just refer to the supposed facts, please?

Nowhere does he ask Coney to take it easy.

Can you deal with the supposed facts or not?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

That's the thing I don't understand, why the hell does the left want Pence?

Do they realize how bad it would be for them if he was the acting president??

Pence will be under the FBI microscope and the GOP won't let him screw up the 18 elections worse than what Trump has already done.

And Pence might actually "drain the swamp"

This is just the beginning, Trumps cabinet will soon be singing to save their own ass.
edit on 16-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
a reply to: whywhynot

Anonymous sources should have a pretty good reputation from DC right now. The President just confirmed one of them to be 100% accurate today.

Only in the delusional minds of the left.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
a reply to: ketsuko

Whoever is leaking is definitely connected. I'm certain the journalists are the people deciding what time the leaks drop. Actually i have no doubt about that. But they have a reliable source inside, maybe a lot of them.

And they are singing!

This, there's a very good reason sources on the money remain anonymous and the first rule of journalism is protect verified sources and protect their anonymity; even if it means going to jail.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Every day is close, but not by the minute, it's only right in time to make the 6:00 evening news.

A more cynical person might think this is carefully timed.

But you, of course, think it's "perfectly natural."

NO, I do not think this is perfectly natural!

I think it is a black psychological operation to brighten up certain segments of the elite in peoples eyes through the Trump folly—the neocons and the MSM are getting their reputations back on the hide of Donald Trump.

However, it is perfectly natural for the MSM TO KICK ONES ASS WHEN THEY WANT TO, AS TRUMP IS GETTING HIS HINEY KICKED!

It’s all a part of the black psychological operation

Trump may have outplayed his usefulness.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join