It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to Kill Flynn Investigation

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: whywhynot

In this case, the ultimate source is identified as Comey himself which makes it substantially different from other articles citing leaks from anonymous sources.

Comey can kill this straight away by saying it's false if he chooses. Furthermore, according to reports from a few days ago, Comey has expressed a willingness to testify before Congress but only in a public. You can imagine that this will be one of the very first questions asked by a Democrat if it hasn't been shot down by Comey before that time.

Comey lost all credibility when he didn't report it in writing when/if it happened.

If it did happen, he may not have reported it immediately because it could be just a smaller part of a much bigger issue/case.

I find the way many are approaching these issues to be highly concerning. We are being told about many problems occurring within the Trump administration regarding the investigations, etc, and far too many people are jumping in to discredit the reports as a knee-jerk reaction.

At what point do the defenders stop with the partisan hackery, take notice of what is going on and wait for the smoke to clear before they jump to conclusions?

At what point will anti trumpers acknowledge an unprecedented attack on the president by the intelligence community and their press allies?

There is a lot of information we simply do not know. What you call an unprecedented attack may be fully justified.

Trump and people around him may be guilty of what is being claimed.

Why would you or I either condemn or defend someone when we do not know the complete truth?

The leaks are illegal, period. It doesn't matter if they are true or not. So far none of the leaks have been anything so horrendous that impeachment was necessary.

So the deep state is leaking this info at unprecedented rates, which is illegal, and you have no problem with it?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes mentioned that earlier, which is why I hope there are tapes. That way we get resolution.

I fear this is just going to be one word against another though.

I honestly think that if there were tapes trump would turn round and say that they are have been faked by his political opponents in the American intelligence community....... and loads of his supporters would believe it.

Is this like how so many of you all felt like Hillary couldn't possibly understand anything about how bad her server arrangement was, even though there was evidence she used BleachBit on it?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

It is interesting that he never mentioned this to McCabe...
He apparently have the memos to people outside the FBI though. Seems odd that they have remained hidden since Feb... Apparently CNNs Fake Crapper has a source who had a copy.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I think it is fair to question anti trumpets on their refusal to acknowledge the sustained campaign to remove the President at all costs fair or foul. That should be obvious to all.

That said, if the campaign by the media actually finds something real amongst the swathes of fake news then of course it is no less valid. We will need to wait for more information.

What campaign? While the peanut gallery may rally against Trump due to politics or a general dislike for the man, these news stories are not necessarily fake. The media is not making things up for the sake of partisanship, from what i can tell.

They are reporting what they are being told by their sources.

And you are correct that we need more info. We can neither defend or condemn anyone without more info.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Indigo5

Wait, wait, wait ...

We went from "I hope you can let this go." to "Drop this."

That's a pretty big difference.

Thanks for the correction...

Please tell me the "pretty big difference" between "Let this go" and "drop this"...

link   

Yes I remember the gleaming praise that people on both sides were giving Comey while he was there. I remember Schumer and Pelosis fond words for him, and many other democrats. I remember Maxin Waters praising him.

Oh whats that, they all wanted him gone?

But now that Trump did it, they now thought comey was beloved.

link   
a reply to: Grambler

come one, its not a matter of if Trump will be impeached but when he will be impeached, republicans and democrats hate him, he never actually won the popular vote and his approval ratings are in the pits. That coupled with all this controversy around the FBI and what he might have been up to with the Russians surly means that his impeachment is all but inevitable.

Just give it time.

He won't last four years.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

When your boss says I hope you can let this go he's telling you you'd better let it go.

Really? It sounds to me like Trump was purposely leaving it in Comey's hands.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Can't agree. The reporting is nothing less than hysteria... With nothing at all to warrant the kind of vitriol from some left wing sources.

This latest one is also being reported in a quite ridiculous and irresponsible way. The discussion seems to be about impeachment before even getting all the facts and before even knowing if what was done constitutes obstruction of justice

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

In this case, the ultimate source is identified as Comey himself which makes it substantially different from other articles citing leaks from anonymous sources.

Comey can kill this straight away by saying it's false if he chooses. Furthermore, according to reports from a few days ago, Comey has expressed a willingness to testify before Congress but only in a public. You can imagine that this will be one of the very first questions asked by a Democrat if it hasn't been shot down by Comey before that time.

Comey lost all credibility when he didn't report it in writing when/if it happened.

If it did happen, he may not have reported it immediately because it could be just a smaller part of a much bigger issue/case.

I find the way many are approaching these issues to be highly concerning. We are being told about many problems occurring within the Trump administration regarding the investigations, etc, and far too many people are jumping in to discredit the reports as a knee-jerk reaction.

At what point do the defenders stop with the partisan hackery, take notice of what is going on and wait for the smoke to clear before they jump to conclusions?

At what point will anti trumpers acknowledge an unprecedented attack on the president by the intelligence community and their press allies?

There is a lot of information we simply do not know. What you call an unprecedented attack may be fully justified.

Why would you or I either condemn or defend someone when we do not know the complete truth?

So far none of the leaks have been anything so horrendous that impeachment was necessary.

A whole lot of people disagree...

More Americans support Trump's impeachment than oppose it for first time, poll finds
www.independent.co.uk...

Poll: 48 percent want Trump impeached/41 percent Opposed
thehill.com...

I can move on to historians, legal scholars and Nixon experts if you like?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Yes I remember the gleaming praise that people on both sides were giving Comey while he was there.

You should read...

The quotes I provided were after Comey was fired...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Oh wow after reading some of the posts i'm certain your heads gonna explode when the truth finally comes out. Don't say i didn't warn you.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is just getting to be insane. Every day, the traitorous media and those within the government doing these leaks prove why we voted for Trump. I hang my head in shame, for our country has truly fallen to # and IT IS because of big media, big government, and big business with conflicts of interest everywhere you look. They would make a mouse fart in the oval office into a god damn story. "How dare Trump not instruct his staff to lay mouse traps and then allow it to fart in the office our anointed one should be seated within right now, IMPEACH!"

Enough is enough, someone needs to go to jail and it isn't Trump. No President in history has endured so much flack. Proportionally to the length of his term thus far served would in my mind equal ALL of the flack Obama got over 8 years. This is truly unprecedented.

link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

LOL

Never has a more corrupt and inept man sat in the Whitehouse...

THAT is not the fault of a free press or those who are sworn to uphold the law and protect the constitution.

Blame LAWS...Blame a Free Press...but whatever you do ...don't blame the incompentent, itchy twitter finger, corrupt imbecile ...Defend that moron unto your dying breath...

Sure, 24/7 coveerage against Trump, unprecedented leaks from the intelligence community, and whats the best thing you have agaisnt him?

Russia collusion? Oh wait no, all people involved in that say zero evidence.

Nope its a story from anonymous sources that Comey wrote in a memo in february that trump said he hoped Comey would drop the investigation into flynn, then comey saying nothing for months, and then right after he gets fired it gets illegaally leaked to the press who admits they havent seen the memo.

Wow the corruption.

Meanwhile, remember the thread on the IT guy working for hillary on reddit saying he needed to delete a very VIP s name from an email chain, and then he bleach butted it the next day.

But that wasn't good evidence for you. There could have been all possible explanations.

Now anonymous memo readers leaking info, thats real evidence, right!

But then again, you already admitted Obama was a person of intergrity that shouldn't be judged for his misdeeds, so what do we expect.

link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Over 6 million dollars made Comey working for Clintons associates before he became FBI director tells me that he was already a puppet.

He was assistant AG under bill clinton, too.

No one has seen the memo as well as no one knows what Trump said to the russians.

This is all BS.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Congress needs to appoint a special prosecutor. Flynn will rat out ....guess who?

link   

Yes I remember the gleaming praise that people on both sides were giving Comey while he was there.

You should read...

The quotes I provided were after Comey was fired...

Oh I am sorry, you can't detect sarcasm. My bad.
Can you please tell me another story of why Obama was a great man of integrity?

link   

If all Comey wrote down was along the lines of "I hope you can let this go" then you are going to be disappointed again.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

The leaks are illegal, period. It doesn't matter if they are true or not. So far none of the leaks have been anything so horrendous that impeachment was necessary.

The leaks have nothing to do with what I said. Even with the leaks, we lack very important information and we are not in a position to say one way or the other that Trump or those around him are innocent or guilty.

So the deep state is leaking this info at unprecedented rates, which is illegal, and you have no problem with it?

Did I say anything in regards to the legality of the leaks? No. I did not. What I did say was to defend or condemn anyone at this point is illogical.

By the way, the term 'deep state' has become a widely-used propaganda/conspiracy term by the Right. It does not give any weight to your argument.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

So far none of the leaks have been anything so horrendous that impeachment was necessary.

A whole lot of people disagree...

More Americans support Trump's impeachment than oppose it for first time, poll finds
www.independent.co.uk...

Poll: 48 percent want Trump impeached/41 percent Opposed
thehill.com...

I can move on to historians, legal scholars and Nixon experts if you like?

In other polls, hillary has a 99% chance of winning the election.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join