It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to Kill Flynn Investigation

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: whywhynot

In this case, the ultimate source is identified as Comey himself which makes it substantially different from other articles citing leaks from anonymous sources.

Comey can kill this straight away by saying it's false if he chooses. Furthermore, according to reports from a few days ago, Comey has expressed a willingness to testify before Congress but only in a public. You can imagine that this will be one of the very first questions asked by a Democrat if it hasn't been shot down by Comey before that time.

Comey lost all credibility when he didn't report it in writing when/if it happened.

If it did happen, he may not have reported it immediately because it could be just a smaller part of a much bigger issue/case.

I find the way many are approaching these issues to be highly concerning. We are being told about many problems occurring within the Trump administration regarding the investigations, etc, and far too many people are jumping in to discredit the reports as a knee-jerk reaction.

At what point do the defenders stop with the partisan hackery, take notice of what is going on and wait for the smoke to clear before they jump to conclusions?

At what point will anti trumpers acknowledge an unprecedented attack on the president by the intelligence community and their press allies?

There is a lot of information we simply do not know. What you call an unprecedented attack may be fully justified.

Trump and people around him may be guilty of what is being claimed.

Why would you or I either condemn or defend someone when we do not know the complete truth?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Indigo5

What memo? Has it actually been provided to anyone? Remember the Times has not actually seen it to confirm its existence. All they have are two anonymous sources claiming it exists and that they read from it.

Your thinking the same thing. We have a memo that supposedly exists that no one has seen. That was supposedly written after a meeting. Though bringing said memo to Congress when it happened and he'd still have his job. But now we are to believe he sat on this information because he is so ethical? Wouldn't someone who was ethical reported it at the time??????

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
a reply to: ketsuko

Whoever is leaking is definitely connected. I'm certain the journalists are the people deciding what time the leaks drop. Actually i have no doubt about that. But they have a reliable source inside, maybe a lot of them.

And they are singing!

That's a felony and needs prosecuting to fullest extent of the law.

They are the ones that broke the law, not Trump.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

We don't know what he said and probably never will. A memo to summarise Comeys feelings about a meeting does not provide any solid evidence of the words Trump used.

I hope there are tapes, one way or the other, as this is shaping up to be the word of Trump Vs Comey. Sides will be picked, but I guarantee you there will not be a consensus to impeach in such circumstances.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

What memo? Has it actually been provided to anyone?

They have no choice but to go up against the beloved former head of the FBI that they just canned.

Beloved!!!!

Hahahaha!

Yep the guy that almost everyone on all sides wanted canned at one point is now beloved!

Richard Burr (R) North Carolina, the GOP Head of the Senate Intelligence Committee..

I am troubled by the timing and reasoning of Director Comey’s termination. I have found Director Comey to be a public servant of the highest order, and his dismissal further confuses an already difficult investigation by the Committee. In my interactions with the Director and with the Bureau under his leadership, he and the FBI have always been straightforward with our Committee. Director Comey has been more forthcoming with information than any FBI Director I can recall in my tenure on the congressional intelligence committees. His dismissal, I believe, is a loss for the Bureau and the nation.”

McCabe, Acting Director of the FBI

He said Comey, who was fired by President Donald Trump on Tuesday, enjoyed "broad support within the FBI and still does to this day." He added, "The majority, the vast majority of FBI employees enjoyed a deep, positive connection to Director Comey."

www.cnn.com...

FBI agents in tears as news of Comey's firing spreads
www.politico.com...

I could keep going with links?

What do you have beside the oompa-loompa and his minions lies on the matter?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Indeed, but that doesn't mean the memo is bogus. I rather suspect Comey, in Hoover style, was gathering information as leverage. Certainly be is not the wonderful honourable man the Dems are now saying he is, after calling him dishonest a few weeks ago, lol.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Grambler

Obama said that when?

Right after he said there wasn't a "smidgen of corruption" in the IRS.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

We don't know what he said and probably never will. A memo to summarise Comeys feelings about a meeting does not provide any solid evidence of the words Trump used.

I hope there are tapes, one way or the other, as this is shaping up to be the word of Trump Vs Comey. Sides will be picked, but I guarantee you there will not be a consensus to impeach in such circumstances.

There would need to be a recording of this and Trump's words would have to be very damning/specific for this to be an impeachable offense. As it is, it would not be enough.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
...... But remember trump is a good guy

...... this must be fake news.

really when are they going to just be done with it and have this watsit impeached

I wonder just how much crap will his supporters put up with, what is the line at which they will admit that this guy is a total joke.

link   

Trump did not ask for his loyalty. Fake news.

It has not been proven that he asked Comey to drop the Flynn investigation.

If President Trump HAD asked him to do that, Comey would have threatened or actually resigned or at least taken it to a higher authority.

He didn't even share this "info" with McCabe or Rosenstein or even Burr.

If Comey wrote this recently claiming it came from notes he made after a conversation in February, then he is doing it out of sour grapes.

He's worth several million dollars. Surely he can take a few months to unwind.

edit on 16-5-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It doesn't mean that if it exists, it reads as the anonymous sources claim and a memo could be a personal accounting that's as flawed as any eyewitness testimony tends to be.

So basically, we could be looking at Trump v. Comey which means we still have really resolved nothing.

link   
a reply to: introvert

I think it is fair to question anti trumpets on their refusal to acknowledge the sustained campaign to remove the President at all costs fair or foul. That should be obvious to all.

That said, if the campaign by the media actually finds something real amongst the swathes of fake news then of course it is no less valid. We will need to wait for more information.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: whywhynot

In this case, the ultimate source is identified as Comey himself which makes it substantially different from other articles citing leaks from anonymous sources.

Comey can kill this straight away by saying it's false if he chooses. Furthermore, according to reports from a few days ago, Comey has expressed a willingness to testify before Congress but only in a public. You can imagine that this will be one of the very first questions asked by a Democrat if it hasn't been shot down by Comey before that time.

Comey lost all credibility when he didn't report it in writing when/if it happened.

If it did happen, he may not have reported it immediately because it could be just a smaller part of a much bigger issue/case.

I find the way many are approaching these issues to be highly concerning. We are being told about many problems occurring within the Trump administration regarding the investigations, etc, and far too many people are jumping in to discredit the reports as a knee-jerk reaction.

At what point do the defenders stop with the partisan hackery, take notice of what is going on and wait for the smoke to clear before they jump to conclusions?

At what point will anti trumpers acknowledge an unprecedented attack on the president by the intelligence community and their press allies?

LOL

Never has a more corrupt and inept man sat in the Whitehouse...

THAT is not the fault of a free press or those who are sworn to uphold the law and protect the constitution.

Blame LAWS...Blame a Free Press...but whatever you do ...don't blame the incompentent, itchy twitter finger, corrupt imbecile ...Defend that moron unto your dying breath...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Yes mentioned that earlier, which is why I hope there are tapes. That way we get resolution.

I fear this is just going to be one word against another though.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

We got that you don't like him.

Many of us didn't like Obama, but that didn't mean he should be impeached for simply holding the office and that's where all too many of you seem to be. It's not a healthy place.

link   

Wait, wait, wait ...

We went from "I hope you can let this go." to "Drop this."

That's a pretty big difference.

Don't mind him, his mind twists the words in front of his face to meet his narrative.

link   
We need to hear the Tapes that Trump threatened comey with. That should clear things up...

Independant counsil investigation and put flynn, Bannon and Stone under oath.
edit on 16-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

There is no evidence of any corruption at all on Trumps part, so not sure what you are on about.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Trump did not ask for his loyalty. Fake news.

LOVE it.

It's like Trump saying he is loved by the Blacks and no one respects women like he does!

Those that frothed at the mouth that Hillary had an exotic disease and was running an international pedophilia ring lost the right to declare "Fake News"...more so when real reporters like the New Times report something..vs. some skin head on twitter.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Yes mentioned that earlier, which is why I hope there are tapes. That way we get resolution.

I fear this is just going to be one word against another though.

I honestly think that if there were tapes trump would turn round and say that they are have been faked by his political opponents in the American intelligence community....... and loads of his supporters would believe it.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join