It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus foresaw Nixon's Glory & fall, his racism, Deep Throat & His Resignation.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Ahhh! Nostradamus again, sometime ago I spent several hours reading his quatrains.... what a bunch of fortune telling manure.... they are available online in old French, modern French and English for the ones that believe in him

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Sorry but I have responded properly and with good support about your observation, if you don't want to accept it is not my problem, with all respect.

These quatrains, as all the other predictions of Nostradamus were written in poetic French of the XVI century, and as it also happen frequently along all his centuries, each quatrain contains predictions of events that are related each one to the other Like providing hints about somebody that is the common factor among them, referring to an actual person in a symbolic or metaphoric style.

In this case Nostradamus is talking about a person that is in behind various achievements or events of the same time frame:
1) the first manned mission the moon,
2) a serious accident occurred to a mission in the moon,
3) Somebody resigning an office
4) Finally that resignation happened as reaction to a political hunting launched by a legislative body, like the ancient Roman senate.

The only person that matches with all those hints is Richard M Nixon, now is opt to you if you accept this or Not, but I am just mentioning what the logic dictates.

The Angel of Lightness

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

You haven't addressed the real translation at all. All you've done is throw out insults.

Here, again, is what the first line actually translates to.

In the corner of luna will she render

NOT

He will come to travel to the corner of Luna

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

By the way I don't use my own translations, precisely to don't be blamed of any possible bias, I use the ones that are provided by well known and widely accepted online repositories of Nostradamus centuries, as the ones cited in my opening post.

This the way John Hogue present that quatrain in his website:

Century 9 Quatrain 65: Dedans le coing de Luna viendra rendre, Ou sera prins & mis en terre estrange, Les fruicts immeurs seront grand esclandre Grand vitupere l’vn grande louange.

He will come to take himself to the corner of the Moon, Where he will be taken and placed on alien land, The unripe fruit will be the source of great scandal, Great blame, to the other great praise

Please check: www.hogueprophecy.com...

This is the way Crystal link of Methaphysics present it:

65 He will come to go into the corner of Luna, Where he will be captured and put in a strange land: The unripe fruits will be the subject of great scandal, Great blame, to one great praise.

Please check:
www.crystalinks.com...

This is the way Nostradamus repostory at www.yowusa.com presents it:

C9:Q65 Dedans le coing de Luna viendra rendre Où sera prins & mis en terre estrange. Les fruicts immeurs seront à grand esclandre, Grand vitupere, à l'vn grande loüange.

He will come to go into the corner of "Luna," Where he will be captured and put in a strange land: The unripe fruits will be the subject of great scandal, Great blame, to one great praise.

Please check:
yowusa.com...

As you can see none of them match really with your translation of the same quatrain, so I am afraid you are the one that is likely to be wrong.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 5/16/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

So you didn't even check the translations?!

Just wow!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

How on Earth did you make it Hours? I tried and my head felt like it was going to explode.

River small Night red, Grey-man walking Ice never to be found -- Now lets see what we can read into that maybe our Future past?

Not knocking you Angel JMO
edit on 5/16/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: sp

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Do you want to give lessons of how to translate Quatrains of Nostradamus to John Hogue?

Sorry, and believe me is not roughness, I really appreciate your interest, but I have more urgent and important ways to spend my time.

By the way Here another translation posted in a popular site of Nostradamus in the web,

Also differs from your translation, although use another language.

Century IX, Quatrain 65
He will come to go into the patch of moonlight, Where he will be captured and put in a strange land: The unripe fruits will be the subject of great scandal, Great blame, to one great praise.

Please check:
www.nostradamus.org...

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightmess

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I never said it was "roughness". I said it was flat out wrong.

But it's good to know that you have started a new religion. The translations are taken on faith, after all.
edit on 1652017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light

Century IX, Quatrain 65
He will come to go into the patch of moonlight, Where he will be captured and put in a strange land: The unripe fruits will be the subject of great scandal, Great blame, to one great praise.

Also differs from your translation, although use another language.

Century IX, Quatrain 65

Please check:
www.nostradamus.org...

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightmess

That totally sounds like Human creation "Christian"

edit on 5/16/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: Quote missing

edit on 5/16/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
given that you yourself cited different translations of the same verse, how can you say with certainty that your interpretation is correct? it's like the bible (or any "prophetic" literature): after the first million translations it loses all original meaning, lending itself to interpretation as needed.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: PolyCottonBlend

Notice that all the different sites that translate the quatrains come from the same French Original, therefore their translations are equivalent, they are semantically the same, the only difference is of form and it can be explained by the simple use of thesaurus.

The translators have used the different words that are synonyms in English to translate the same word from French. Each one of the translations I have provided are consistently saying the same with slightly different words.

Again, the topic of the mentioned quatrains refer to a figure that is uniquely determined in History, there are no two leaders that have achieved the exploration of moon first time with manned vehicles, also no two that have had an accident with one of those spaceships near to the moon, and he still remains as the only President that resigned office before to be impeached.

Now, with respect to your comment on the Bible, I am afraid that you don't know really what are you saying, the discovery of the scrolls of the dead sea in Qumran in 1947 showed beyond any reasonable doubt that the current versions of the holy scriptures are very reliable, there has not been substantial changes even neither in form, nor in meaning, of the books along 2300 years that separate us from the epoch of the Essens.

Please check:

probe.org...

www.apologeticspress.org...

I believe possibly you confused possibly the Bible with the way Egyptians used to erase people from their records according with political convenience or Chinese also have the trend to rewrite their History for similar reasons.

The Bible is not a thing that easily can be distorted from one translator to another, since also editorials are extremely cautious to review what they are published precisely to prevent their editions lose value along time.

After all we are talking about a collection of writings that has been published so many times along History is in the public domain and so it is not easy to change without being detected.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

You really should rephrase part of what you said to

"The translations I use are pretty similar because I ignore every other translation because they don't say what I want them to"

Because you completely ignored the ACTUAL translation (the one I gave more than once) and chose to use the ones that fit what you're wanting to say.
edit on 1652017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

aaaaactually I'm not confused with my reference to the bible. as a scholar of over thirty years, I've studied and written on it quite in depth. I have a library of books containing hundreds of translations and relations to other literal content.
you are most incorrect when you state that editors take extreme caution to prevent any decaying of value. proof is simply that certain original words that contain specific meanings are absolutely not translatable into any modern language. and while a general meaning or message can still be conveyed, it will only be a (slightly) distorted one. not to mention, the complete and deliberate omission of passages and books that were intended to lend credence to a total message (hence, some passages seem out of place or in an incorrect place altogether). one could argue that only the Torah remains the most unchanged with each transcription, however, even during each process some minute characters have been inadvertently changed.
regarding the rest of your message, you actually seal your own fate when you state
"The translators have used the different words that are synonyms in English to translate the same word from French. Each one of the translations I have provided are consistently saying the same with slightly different words."
as any literary agent will tell you, regardless of the reason, regardless of the relative closeness; different word, different meaning. period. if you are making an argument based on an author's message, you are not given license to change the original words in any way. if you do, you are only entitled to giving opinion.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
lol same boat as Sylvia Browne.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
lol same boat as Sylvia Browne.

saw her live once. she asked if anybody had lost a male family member within the last few months. went down two rows of people until she finally found the one to whom the spirit was speaking. he just wanted to let someone know he was ok. dead, but ok.
seek and ye shall find, eh? lol

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Not at all, Michel of Nostradamus never intended to start a new religion, he was a devote Roman Catholic all his life and extremely respectful of the Institutional life of his country.

Sylvia Brownie to the contrary has years ago started her own church in America that is neither Christian neither Wicca Nor New Age, although she believe is all of that together.

By the way there is a really large distance, and not only in time line, between Mitchel of Nostradamus and that Lady, he was several times more modest than her, he lived almost all his adult life in a really small town of the French Provence, he only attended the Royal court when he was invited by his Mentor the Queen Katherine of Medici.

Nostradamus had nothing to do with the pretensions of the media show psychics of our days. Finally he never practiced as a medium, he was never in to Spiritism, his prophecies are actual revelations coming from the divinity, not from spirits of dead people as it is the case of Silvia who openly has told that along years in her TV shows.

Nostradamus was initiated as a child by his grandfather in Jewish mysticism, Kabbalah that later he encompassed with Catholic Monastic Mysticism.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

to note, I do not argue with your beliefs. those are yours. but I do argue with your proof. that is for everyone else.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Sorry but this is not matter of beliefs, your claims are clearly denying what it was found in Qumran, you can not be correct because history contradicts you, that is as simple as that.

Don't mix religion when the issue is not of that nature, is about real knowledge of how the Bible has been preserved.

The Angel of Lightness

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Sounds like magical thinking.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light

Sorry but this is not matter of beliefs, your claims are clearly denying what it was found in Qumran, you can not be correct because history contradicts you, that is as simple as that.

Don't mix religion when the issue is not of that nature, is about real knowledge of how the Bible has been preserved.

The Angel of Lightness

blink blink
who said anything about religion? I was discussing the preservation of literature.
but as there doesn't to be a real interest for dialogue on your part, I'll take my leave.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join