It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever had a song take you out of body?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I had a strange experience a couple months ago. I had the day off and was hanging out at my house alone, listening to the band 311. 311 has been around for 25 years and has tons of loyal fans, yet isn't quite mainstream. Their music is kind of a rock/rap hybrid which also incorporates some elements of punk, reggae and dancehall. Their beats are unique, heavy bass with tight drumming, which almost sounds tribal at times. One of my friends, who isn't a fan, described their sound as "outer space music." Indeed, many of their songs have this cosmic, spacey kinda vibe. That's not even taking the lyrics into consideration. For years, I never really tried to understand the words but i've slowly come to realize all this band sings about is ATS type stuff. They sing about aliens, universal consciousness, obe's, light bodies and all kinds of interesting conspiracy theory stuff. One member of the band once had an out of body experience and many of their songs deal with this subject.

Anyway, I was listening to the 311 song, Galaxy. The lyrics say something along the lines of:

"I found a bootleg of the cosmic consciousness and erased it, visualized the breath technique and then became it,
now something is watching me since I have found the key to free this energy, my high speed light body...."

Near the end of the song, the singer says "6 protons, 6 neutrons, 6 electrons is encoded in this plane we live on."

For some reason, I couldn't get that last part out of my head. I kept repeating that line in my head for the next several hours. Later that day, I laid down for an afternoon nap and that's when things got weird. I basically "woke up" floating a couple feet over my bed. I was unable to move but completely aware of my surroundings. In the upper corner of my room, I saw a dark cloud-like mass hovering. It felt very negative and evil. I tried to close my eyes and wake from my "dream" but all of a sudden I felt as though an incredibly strong force grabbed my leg and thrashed me around like a rag doll. I wont go into any more detail here, as that's not the point of this thread.

What i'm interested in is if anyone else has had a similar type of experience. Have you ever had a song cause bizarre sensations in you? Do you have a particular band or song that takes you to "another place?' I know there is stuff out there like binaural beats and hemi sync type music which is designed to raise ones consciousness. I wonder if 311 and other bands use this technology in their music. Curious if anyone has any thoughts on this.

311 Galaxy

g.co...

edit on 5 16 2017 by Tuomptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

Not exactly, but I can imagine one that would.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Never heard of Anne Murray before, thanks for sharing. This song doesn't seem to have the beat or rhythm I'm looking for personally but a nice lil number, nonetheless.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Yes but not in a negative way or the way you describe it. Listening to Tool can put you in an awesome spot. The songs are a journey not a repeat of verse, chorus, verse, chorus, break down, chorus. Their songs intensify as they go on. Check this one out. It was live, I would have given a finger to have been there.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Wow, that definitely was a journey! Never heard that version before. I did what Maynard suggested, closed my eyes and found a comfortable, yet vulnerable place. I really dig the drum breakdown in the middle of the song. Also really like the cosmic reverb on the guitar. Great song, thanks for posting. I need more Tool in my life for sure.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

This one and I was dancing with a half naked hippie. Maybe it wasn't this exact song, but you get the idea....

edit on 16-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Woah, now that looks like a party! That kind of music is trippy. Not really my favorite genre but I'm sure a half naked hippy chick would change my tune real quick. Never been to a festival like that but it's on my bucket list.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Yes, it happens occasionally. Here's one I posted in TheRiverGoddess's epic thread, "Conscious OOBE, It's Real" which was posted in 2008.

Source: www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: seentoomuch
Hi TRG,

I’m stopping in for a visit to ask your advice and your thoughts on a really strange “dream” I had last night. It has some of the earmarks of an OOBE, but in other ways it does not fit. It’s a doozey. (Lol, am really glad this forum is anonymous right now, otherwise it would never be posted, my neighbors would have a field day with this.)

Last night I was kicking back in our livingroom on my favorite overstuffed chair, sitting crossways, head on one armrest, feet up and across the other, warm throw across my middle. TV was muted, my ipod was playing my easy listening favorites on our sound system, laptop was on the ottoman next to my chair and I sipped two glasses of wine as I surfed the net. Around 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM? I started getting sleepy so I got up and let our two dogs out in the backyard for a “last chance for the night bathroom run”, turned off the TV, turned off the table lamps but before turning off the uplights and the ipod music I decided to check the net one more time before bed.

I don’t recall falling asleep, I recall that my eyeslids were drooping, and that I was reading the screen, the next minute I was pulled out of my body with a wind whooshing sound in my ears. I was pulled out into the sky and flying at supersonic or beyond speeds. From a few previous “dreams” I knew that I had no control over where I was going, at least not consciously (if that’s what I was, I definitely was thinking clearly about the situation at the time). The trip ended in a small bedroom with light from the street coming in the window. A small girl was in the bed asleep. I stood there looking at her and realized that though asleep she was communicating with me somehow. She was showing me about her life.

Through her eyes I saw her gripping the gates of a school watching the children inside in the yard, some had musical instruments, some were up on the steps of the building rapping, or whatever it’s called. I looked down and saw she was wearing a mostly gray skirt with light pink and white woven into it, a school uniform. She wanted to attend this particular school but felt it wasn’t possible. It was a special school, and there was difficulty getting into it, that somehow, (she wasn’t clear on this part) her Mother said she couldn’t manage it. She said/mind thing that one day she WOULD attend THAT school; she was angry, frustrated and very determined. She said that she would find a way.

She then showed me that she lived most of the time with an Indian couple and their son, who was her age, (5 or 6 I would guess). And that she didn’t have a father and her Mother let her stay at this friend’s apartment a lot. At this point I finally got a good look at her within one of her explanations (in full light), she had straight strawberry blonde hair, cut at the jawline level with bangs.

Then, here’s the really, really strange part, she told me that she remembers things, and I saw through her eyes camera flashes in her face, people surrounding her, a knowing that she was very well off, she was showing me many instances of what she remembered from what I gathered at that point was living before as someone else. Memory after memory and then I realized who she used to be, and from what I saw of her spirit she will be just as creative as before in this life. (Btw: I have never believed in reincarnation, but, lol, this “dream” was very convincing). She said that the family she stayed with told her that when she remembered these things not to be upset, that to remember is good. It was really just the last moments of that life that upset her and she felt the pain still, in her back especially. She asked if this would go away? I told her that with time it will fade and to let it.

At this point I was standing over her, looking through my eyes again and I bent close to her and told her to have sweet dreams, that all would work out, soothing thoughts to brush away the fear, (all the mothers reading this understand what I said) and then I was pulled back instantly into my body, on the big overstuffed chair in our livingroom.

Whew! That was really intense, hence me writing to you for explanations/advice. My main question for you: Was this a dream or an OOBE? If it was an OOBE, does what you are hearing in a relaxed state direct where you go in an OOBE? ‘Cause the music playlist that I was listening to was mainly John Lennon.

Thanks for starting this thread, I really needed to share this for input, I’m still amazed and don’t know what to think,

STM

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

I've read that thread and vaguely remember your post. Now that sounds like an intense obe! Very interesting and detailed experience you had. My one and only experience of that nature wasn't nearly as cool as yours. I hope to someday have a more thourough obe. Thanks for sharing this story. I enjoy hearing about stuff like this. I might have to re-visit that thread again.

edit on 5 16 2017 by Tuomptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Details, details, TheRiverGoddess and all the regulars always demanded it. Everyone was looking for the common denominator that brought an OOBE on. "What side were you sleeping on?", "What did you have for dinner that night?" "Were the lights on?", etc. Hence the details in my post.

I noticed you left some out of your post, hmmmm, if not too personal you should include them, it might make the picture clearer. And if you visit the link I gave you'll see that my experience was considered OOBE to start but a few members thought it turned to dream. I didn't and still don't agree.

S & F for your interesting thread.

STM
edit on 16-5-2017 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I tend to ramble sometimes and leave huge walls of text, so I left out a lot of details. I guess my main point was that I had this heavy riff and a few certain lyrics stuck in my head for a few hours before my "incident". I'm kinda wondering if this song had anything to do with it. The lyrics about 6 protons,6 neutrons and 6 electrons were on repeat in my brain. I remember hearing the song in my head as I laid in my bed. As I began to drift off to sleep I started seeing bright and vivid geometrical patterns and shapes. Extremely detailed and precise, unlike anything I thought my mind could imagine. I also saw what appeared to be strange faces and an eye but that was very brief. I must have fallen asleep for a few minutes but I remember feeling like I was vibrating. I can't really describe what I did next other than saying I kinda flexed my facial muscles/squinted/tried to make my ears pop and that's when the vibrations increased in intensity. The vibes built up to a crescendo when all of a sudden I felt/heard an extremely loud pop or banging sound, accompanied by a shocking electrical sensation. That's when I "woke up" and felt myself paralyzed, floating over my bed. At the same time, I noticed the negative cloud in the corner. I admit I totally chickened out at this point and tried to close my eyes and avoid looking at this dark aura. That's when I felt something grab my leg and violently thrash me around. I remembered reading on ATS that some people call on Jesus in these situations. I know it sounds cliche and lame but I called out for Jesus to please help me and the negative entity went away immediately. I was still asleep but wanted to see if I could lucid dream. I walked down the hallway and out the front door. Looked around the front yard and looked at the sky. Decided to try and visit my moms house and instantly I was in her front yard looking around. I slowly woke up in real life and it took several seconds to regain control of my limbs. I woke up feeling like I'd been on a long journey, yet only 30 minutes had passed since I laid down.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I posted this experience in someones thread right after it happened, although I can't remember which one. Someone commented that it sounded like I nearly went OOB but something went wrong. I guess I just wasn't ready for the full experience yet.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tuomptonite

Some music is known as 'transportational'.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Much better info, thanks! It is interesting that you had been thinking about the lyrics for awhile before the OBE. It sounds like you got a lesson that night on the value of their meaning, which is don't put so much importance on the material world (666) there's much more out there. I'm glad you asked for help, now maybe think about that and the outcome more?

Maybe music and lyrics, deep thoughts that puzzle us are made the subject of our travels? They go deeper into our heart/soul? From the Soul questions? I had been listening to a lot of John Lennon and reading the lyrics and one song of his was stuck in my head too. "Mind Games". I didn't like the reference to Karmic wheel but loved the rest of the song. Sure enough my OBE was based on reincarnation.

I guess it comes down to what we are focused on deeply?

The answers we get to questions from the heart/soul are not the typical dream, you're out there traveling to be shown the answer which may be the answer to OBEs? They're teaching us.

STM
ETA: All of the above post is just me guessing, sorry it's not well thought out yet, will think more deeply on it. Who knows maybe I'll get the answer tonight?

edit on 17-5-2017 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Okay, did a bit of searching on the web and it seems this is a popular subject. Most of the articles use terminology that fits their beliefs. Here's an example:

Source: uk.iacworld.org...

Music and Pattern of Energies During an OBE Attempt

Every song produces both a thought and a sentiment in us. This, in turn, can change the pattern of energies (chi) around us. Energies are the mechanism to call (evoke) and interact with extraphysical entities. In other words, the music will tend to create a matching extraphysical energy environment. This process is usually unconscious, but it can affect the quality of your out-of-body experience.

When our intentions are good and there is effort toward personal growth, it is natural that non-physical beings may come around to help you have a lucid OBE. An entity (or spirit) that is lucid and clear on how to help you and always 100% ethical is called a helper.

Depending on the music you choose for your astral travel experiment, it may “drive” the energy in a direction that is out of sync with what a helper would like to do to facilitate your OBE process. It would be as if music make you move “on rails”, in a specific direction, and you may want to have room to maneuver as the experience develops. You may end up with energies and companions that you did not choose consciously.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Thanks a lot for your response. Your thoughts make a lot of sense and are much appreciated. At the time, I definitely felt like there was a lesson being taught. My initial feeling was that the music I was listening to was Satanic or somehow evil in nature. I was brought up with Christian values and even though I haven't attended any churches for 25 years, I suppose I still have some of these values. Christians associate 666 with Satan, so I thought maybe I was messing with the dark side. I didn't listen to that band for several weeks. The weird thing is, the band 311 sings a lot about positivity and always makes me feel uplifted.

I also had the feeling that I should reconsider my feelings about Christianity. Calling on Jesus made the dark cloud disappear instantly. I thought maybe I shouldn't be trying to "meditate" anymore. (Meditate isn't the right word, more like totally relaxing and clearing my head) It really left me shaken but time has helped lessen the effect it had on me. I'm listening to 311 again and sometimes try my own version of meditation.

I like your thought that maybe I shouldn't focus so much on the material world. I think maybe that was the point of this experience. I'm convinced now that there is something more to this life than the physical world. Most of my life I've never given spirituality much consideration but this experience has changed all that.

Thanks again for contributing to this humble little thread. I truly appreciate it. Gonna give that Lennon song a listen now.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Your thread is a great one! This is a question we never truly explored on TRG's thread and a lot of people are wondering the same. Keep up the great insights!

It's your journey, we all learn as we go. But as you've experienced it's important to keep the Truth/Word in your heart. Your experience gave you a gift, you no longer have faith, you now know. Major difference. Keep that in mind if you start to get pulled off the path.

In the meantime be careful on what you allow into your mind as in slasher movies, music about killing people, etc. Why pollute your mind with garbage that is so wrong in so many ways now you know how deep it will sink. It seems to be the norm nowadays, sad isn't it. But once again, it's your call and you've figured it out.

Here's a thread I wrote long ago that I never finished and either take it or have a laugh but I'll go ahead and share it even in this current board clime. It's true. But to many people nowadays it's unbelievable as they aren't capable or willing to give it a go, once again sad note on our world.

Sweet OBEs,

STM

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join