It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: In what way you have been introduced to...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I was bored at work about 12 years ago and went on ebay to buy myself a dvd. I searched "conspiracy" ... expecting something on Lady Diana or Kennedy ... 9/11 popped up .. so I thought why not ... the DVD blew my socks off ... I watched it continuously over and over again over the weekend ... bought 20 copies for my friends and have never looked back ....

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
1. A book, namely Graham Hancock's Fingerprints of the Gods that I nabbed from my dad in 1995. Finding out that the ancient civilisations seemed to appear fully formed then declined into chaos, plus many other facts and anomalies presented in that book. Antartica pole-slip book When The Sky Fell, aliens book Abducted and pyramid shaft book The Orion Mystery quickly followed.

...and Ophiuchus 13, it was D.U.M.B.s that brought my here to ATS many years later.

edit on 16/5/2017 by firesnake because: Fingerprints of the Gods published 1995

edit on 16/5/2017 by firesnake because:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Had a very close encounter with a unknown flying object as a kid, changed everything.... down the rabbit hole I went, deeper,deeper......

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign

ATS was my given govt disinfo shill troll assignment

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
There was this one book I was told about from a young age "The Bible" that gave me shivers up my spine. How evil "Yahweh" was, and a son that could preform miracles what fanciful unicorn poop. The orginal sin-spiracy.

Although now I understand this story is to controll man and that all ancient stories hold mystical truths, to be pieced togther, to truly understand the past/ present and future.

And as a previous post said, hours spent laying under the stars on a deserted beach contenplating all forms of existance. Growing up in a counter culture community dose not bode well for exceptance of, MSM and the education systems buckets of bull shat they feed you.

Love, peace and alien grease. AMEN!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I was raised in the Tennessee Mountains and was taught not to believe anything Government has to say, Also I got involved with Witchcraft at a young age and did somethings I really shouldn't have done - Boy I tell you I will never raise a dead spirit again. I saw that our world just isn't what we are taught or believe to be true.
edit on 5/16/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: firesnake
it was D.U.M.B.s that brought my here to ATS many years later.

U.F.O hunters made me aware of them. And as I searched I was then brought to ATS also...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

my father, and him through co-workers.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

5. Other.

I didn't know that I was a Conspiracy Theorist until I was told I was here at ATS.

Before that, I just thought I was what my friends labeled me as, an info junkie.

I never advanced past my age two level of curiosity. I wanted to the know the whys and wherefores of everything. Before the internet I spent hours in the library reading Encyclopedias, and later, hours in the Library of Congress reading resource material.

Yea. I was that girl. The tall skinny one with glasses, the nerdy one that everyone wanted as a friend so that I would do their homework for them. Even my siblings hit me up to do their homework.

After the internet, I stumbled into ATS. Lurked for a while then joined.

That is how I discovered that I was a Conspiracy Theorist.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I would say other.

I first got involved in conspiracies about aa year after 9-11.

I had just graduated highschool and had never really questioned any official narratives. But I was looking into 9-11 and started to have non conspiracy questions. Such as "What would have happened if our military had failed to intercept Soviet jets in this manner" and "what have the military done to make sure this doesn't happen again".

I started to notice that I was shamed for asking these questions. I was called unAmerican, a conspiracy theorists. I noticed others that didn't exactly tow the line and take everything at face value with seeing no evidence were ridiculed by people on all sides.

Next thing you know, I was listening to coast to coast, alex jones, etc.

For me, it wasn't the issues like 9-11 that made me interested in conspiracies, it was the negative reactions to anyone raising any questions.

I figured if the questions were that dangerous that they needed to be shouted down, there must be something to it.

Ironically all of the mainstream people now claim to regret not asking more questions leading up to the Iraq war, yet they still ridicule anyone who ask questions of officiaal deep state narratives (see Russian hacks or Syria chemical attacks).

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Television, then the internet.

I kept myself up at night watching very obscure and very frightening shows on alien abductions and paranormal. Ever since I was about nine years old.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I personally was introduced by a book that was banned in US about the trilateral commission, skull and bones, committee of 300, the world wars and such. Luckily the book was not banned in Europe and I could read it. Considering the circumstances, it was clear to me that almost certainly somebody is plotting against somebody on a grand scale. I was not just sure who is plotting against who. Two decades later, some questions are clear, yet others do remain unanswered, thus I am still interested in research. What bothers me a bit is this feeling, that the level of conspiracy research is going down with each passed year. Books are terrible, from each fifty there is one decent only. Internet is one big hoax place. And the youth are brainwashed by the consumption/extremism industries in deathly serious manner. Reason is disappearing from the world hand to hand with the north-ocean whale...

btw, thanks for the answers, folks
edit on 17-5-2017 by Argentbenign because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join