It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Click Farms" now showing you what they want you to see...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Have you wondered how those non-relivant, garbage stories end up in your social media feed?

Or how that crappy YouTube vid got so many likes?

What about that app that had great reviews, but was nothing but ads, and ads, and ads???

Welcome to "Click Farms". The Pop up ad for the new millennium!!!

Footage has emerged of a giant "click farm" that uses more than 10,000 mobile phones to give product ratings and pages on social media websites phoney "likes".

Companies reportedly pay thousands to get their apps more likes by using services like this massive plant offers.

Heres the full story.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

The cover photo for that video looks like a pretty primitive approach to this. I would assume that someone with some skill in IT could simply create multiple accounts on various social media sites and have "bots" use those accounts to "like" or rate posts from a single server. but I'm no IT person so I could be wrong.

Many of us knew this has been happening - glad to see it's getting some coverage.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Gee, click farms never helps me with likes. Maybe you need to say you like fortune cookies and fish broth to get some likes from the chinese.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Brian4real

The cover photo for that video looks like a pretty primitive approach to this. I would assume that someone with some skill in IT could simply create multiple accounts on various social media sites and have "bots" use those accounts to "like" or rate posts from a single server. but I'm no IT person so I could be wrong.

Many of us knew this has been happening - glad to see it's getting some coverage.

Those social media sites are careful to filter updates to make sure they are not sock-puppet account which all have the same IP address/serial number. So the only around that is to buy thousands of mobile phones and use some remote administration tools to make them all do the same command.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Virtual machines all register from a single MAC address, when on one machine. That or multiple machines accessing 1 DNS, get flagged quick.

The cellphone route, over multiple carriers is the best route to be undetected. Although, it way too expensive. I don't see them generating much revenue.

Edit: nevermind, it is pretty cheap if you set yourself up as a wholesaler under the cellular carriers. If they set up in or around a building with multiple cell towers attached, they'll never get caught.
edit on 16-5-2017 by shefskitchen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join