It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignore User button

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Would it be possible to create an "Ignore User" button on every profile?

Reason I am asking is the ever growing number of users, usually the same individuals who would not or will not contribute to topics, other than trolling it some ways. I had a one liner before that someone judged as trolling, i am guilty as charged. However I am talking about the ones always there. But not just trolls, also to give us a free choice who we want to read from?

I know that Mods are doing their best to delete those comments. I am also sure most members know by now who's comments they rather not read. It would be just an easy click, and problem solved.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

like a safe space?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010

like a safe space?

Like a filter

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
We used to have one. It got removed, probably because it was too inconvenient in coding terms. If so, I doubt that the owners will want to bring it back.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It would be nice to not have to sort through dozens of trolling posts and off topic pissing contests just to read the relevant posts in a thread.
edit on 16-5-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Its been asked before numerous times over the years
The answer is no..and for damn good reason.

We have mods that remove trolling posts.
Thing is, todays society calls anyone who they disagree with a troll. ATS is about shared ideas, not blocking thoughts. You are free to leave and go find a nice echo chamber elsewhere of course.

And yeah, with that comes the sort of off topic discussions, the dumb comments, and even a bit of sarcastic nonsense..but better to just personally ignore that then give tools to create huge divisions. That "troll" in one thread might give you valueable insite in the next.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

ATS Ignore Button

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Alright, that was funny.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Pretty much explained, thanks

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Read the posts not the names.
There are sometimes people on here who I totally disagree with on one subject but in another thread I star that same person for a good post.

You may miss out if you could ignore all one persons posts. Even trolls have a good point sometimes.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

The best thing I've ever heard a mod say. I guess it is because I agree with it.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

ATS Ignore Button

This is why these boards need the ability to star!
Thats a perfect answer
edit on 16-5-2017 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Scroll wheels should come with odometers.

I still use the 'squint function' that was bundled with my eyes app. That...and the 'wince and look away' action that came as standard in (ahem) 'older' versions of our human firmware. Coders really screwed up when they dropped the function from later upgrades.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
Scroll wheels should come with odometers.

My mouse is wireless. If ATS had invested in the Copper Top we wouldn't have ads.

top topics

join