It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I said about the election prior to it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I'm not going to say anything like I have special powers. I was just reviewing my facebook message logs and found this gem. I'm just saying it's not like people didn't already know we'd be here as a country, because I knew.

Names redacted, because duh.

Him Friday, September 30, 2016 at 7:37pm CDT
Dude the riots are gonna be bad ass i want bill Murray as president

Me Friday, September 30, 2016 at 7:34pm CDT
Might vote Hillary just to get this party started. Might vote trump to watch the house crush him and make him a lame duck president, also getting the party started. Whomever wins, the other side won't be happy. So I'm pretty ready for riots

Me Friday, September 30, 2016 at 7:33pm CDT
Ron Paul if I could. Not really sure yet.

Him Friday, September 30, 2016 at 7:31pm CDT
Who u going for

Me Friday, September 30, 2016 at 7:30pm CDT
Yup

Him Friday, September 30, 2016 at 7:27pm CDT
Are u gonna vote?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: wakeupstupid

So you made a thread about an alleged conversation you had on Facebook?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

It doesn't take much for people to riot nowadays. I imagine it's only going to get worse with the annual rise in gasoline prices to gouge the American people.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Can you make the image bigger so you can take up more space with your worthless post. Thanks.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Can you make the image bigger so you can take up more space with your worthless post. Thanks.

I'll see what I can do!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Really? You puzzle the hell outa me. Wherever in the world did you come up with that? You mentally free basing? He is pointing out that he predicted if Trump won, he would be sut down by the GOP Congress. He was right. I pretty much figured that out as well, but not till after the election when I realized Trump has no political capital with either party.

I guess you are saying it was obvious?

I need more coffee.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
Really? You puzzle the hell outa me. Wherever in the world did you come up with that? You mentally free basing? He is pointing out that he predicted if Trump won, he would be sut down by the GOP Congress. He was right. I pretty much figured that out as well, but not till after the election when I realized Trump has no political capital with either party.
I guess you are saying it was obvious?

My theory is Trump will get a bunch of stuff passed like kill ACA, tax cuts for the rich, stuff the Republicans would need political cover for. And then they will impeach Trump and make Pence president. Afterwards, they can blame Trump for everything they did that was bad.

Meanwhile, problems in the country continue to get worse because nothing is being done to fix anything. Killing the ACA is going to take insurance away from millions of people. People already are rioting. I"m just saying the way things are going in this country people seem to become more and more willing to riot.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

It certainly was a good filibuster to the thread.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I hope you are right. Let them riot, burn the cities to the ground. Drag the office workers out of their offices and beat them bloody in the streets! This country needs a purgative!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I appreciate the irony of your user name.
Since you told us nothing, I have nothing to add except I really like your user name.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Alright, since I'm not gonna voluntarily tell you who I am. I have some insight on various discussions here about AI Technology and I'll share them.

Short Term
The discussion about AI will start to gravitate to selling it as a "new" cortex. Currently there are three understood "parts" of the brain with different functions. This will be theorizing the beginnings of what will result in another digital layer to the brain. This won't be apparent at the time, but it's like selling all the gears to a watch, but never telling the buyer what they're building.

Mid Term
Only the benefits will be espoused and leave out questions about the brain we already can't "answer". Answer meaning a "cure". Cure meaning whatever you want it to mean. I think the foremost of these is how the lower brain can "Trump" the upper forcing survival instincts, which is a system developed for our survival throughout the history of mankind. PTSD is a mental diagnosis with hard medical imaging evidence proving this function becomes "broken" and "overactive". There will be implications regarding the election we just had in this regard.

End Term
Implementation of hybridization of the human mind and technology will be well underway. It won't just be google glass level publicity, it will likely feel like a requirement to stay competitive in even normal human business and society. The public will be sold on the idea of regulating emotions as a "possible" solution using these technologies, as a result of these sweeping changes to privacy and information accessibility. Theoretical Headline: "New Study: New treatment vastly more effective than biochemical medication for veterans with PTSD" Treatments may no longer be ingested, and augment the actual memories or reality in real time, instead. Most of the technology will be bought by the public as "entertainment" but will fuel the booming IT industry, but who is regulating the data?

I think it will be clear at the end of the first term of this presidency that Americans will be forced to make a choice on a lot of issues. Religious, constitutional, moral, social, economic, and industrial. Choices in technology will be the driving force behind these reforms.

The public will faced with "borg-like" acceptance and written in stone interpretations of things that were, during these years, still questionable, at least globally. I believe there are alternatives, but they will be largely marginalized. The "ethics" of today should be avoided in these discussions, but will be persistent.

This is based on current technology trends and theories. The change will be global.

People today will not believe the world of tomorrow, today. I think that same person will find the change not as turbulent as they might imagine, today. Softer than a coup. No shock and awe.

edit on 17-5-2017 by wakeupstupid because: insit

top topics

join