It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WannaCry Experts say is North Korean ???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
a reply to: wheresthebody

When South Korea is vaporized into a sheet of glass I will gladly let you know.

It amazes me how many people will support a maniac with a nuke and claim Kim is just protecting his country and the US and NATO are the warmongers. Wow.

How long have you been following the NK "threat"?

Since your Facebook told you it was a problem?

The kid is just aching for a nuclear war, I say he should be strapped to the first warhead let loose, so that way he can enjoy his dream momentarily from the best vantage point

edit on -180002017-05-16T08:02:24-05:000000002431201724052017Tue, 16 May 2017 08:02:24 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

It amazes me how many people will support a maniac with a nuke and claim Kim is just protecting his country and the US and NATO are the warmongers. Wow.

I've been advocating North Korea's dictatorship removal since Kim Jong Il assumed power. It has been an annoying sh*t show ever since. For your information, I don't use any form of social media. Thanks for assuming though.

edit on 16-5-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

The kid is just aching for a nuclear war, I say he should be strapped to the first warhead let loose, so that way he can enjoy his dream momentarily from the best vantage point

I was merely pointing out the statistical likelyhood. Nice to know you try to associate my comments with childish banter to show people your supposed moral high ground. Really pathetic.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Your words:

Nuclear war isn't cool for anyone, remind me who's pathetic?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Your words:

Nuclear war isn't cool for anyone, remind me who's pathetic?

I never stated nuclear war was "cool" When did I say that? I guess you didn't get my comment, in waiting for Kim to cast the first stone to prove I was right all along is the wrong answer and at the expense of millions of lives.

You were the one saying I was "drinking the coolaid" Shall we try again?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

You were the one saying I was "drinking the coolaid" Shall we try again?

I have no idea what you're drinking, perhaps alcohol? That's why you have me confused with someone else

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Oh right. Just looked at the prior posts. My mistake. That was someone else. Anywho. Neither here nor there.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I've been advocating North Korea's dictatorship removal since Kim Jong Il assumed power.

The problem is not Kim Jong II. The problem is the North Korean people. If you get rid of KJII another dictator will just take his place. There's nothing we can do than just wait for the North Korean people to rise up. Maybe have a propaganda campaign to try to encourage the North Koreans to be a little less authoritarian in their thinking. The way you become a leader is to find a parade and step in front of it.

I think we should make it very clear to KJII if he shoots any weapon at all and hits any US or allied target there will be swift and excessive consequences. MAD is the only thing that works. I think KJII just wants free stuff from the west. Just give him his grain already.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I am pretty sure there have been larger spread attacks than this before. Maybe not using ransomware, but I am certain that there have been viruses which have infected literally MILLIONS of machines in the past. Seems a bit disingenuous of the authors of this article, and others, to make this thing seem larger in scale than some of the other, arguably more potent penetrations which have occurred over the years.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

In this case the main question is not the "what", it's the "where from".

Coincidentally the source of the attack points to NK. Could have been from anywhere on this planet, but no, it is NK.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

Indeed, I did understand the thrust of the thread. I simply disagreed with the conclusions of the author of the article, around which the thread revolves.

As to the probable identity of the nation of origin for this attack, the only people who have anything to say about that, are the intelligence services. These are the exact same people who told us that they were not using mass surveillance techniques, that they were not recording the data of American citizens, that they were POSITIVE that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.

I have about as much confidence in their trustworthiness or the accuracy of their statements, as I have in the banking industry, the Conservative Party, or any other bunch of professional liars, thieves, fascists and murderers.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I am pretty sure there have been larger spread attacks than this before. Maybe not using ransomware, but I am certain that there have been viruses which have infected literally MILLIONS of machines in the past. Seems a bit disingenuous of the authors of this article, and others, to make this thing seem larger in scale than some of the other, arguably more potent penetrations which have occurred over the years.

Well this is why I think it's really odd. The story is on almost every news outlet. For such a small breach and truly a childish one, why all the fuss over making sure everyone thinks NK did it? They want people to believe a state sponsored ransomware from NK happened? That makes no sense at all.

This quote in particular seems out of sorts too:

Steven Wilson, Head of Europol’s European Cybercrime Center, told Sky News on Sunday that it was now important that IT departments checked their systems on Monday morning to ensure they had not been compromised.

He added: “It’s not a massively sophisticated attack. What is new is the use of a worm to propagate through systems.

“It is beyond anything we have seen before.”

So it's not massively sophisticated but it's also beyond anything the head of Europol's Cybercrime division has ever seen before?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

That is another thing, you see in your quoted segment, where they say that it is "new" that the attacker used a worm to propagate through systems? That is utter crap.

I am not a computer expert in the least. I was about able to program my VCR back in the day, and then DVDs came along, and all my learning was for nought. But even I know that all worms actually DO is propagate through systems. Conficker was a worm, and it was HUGE news! Its first detection was in 2008! If anything it is OLD news now, that worm programs are used to penetrate systems and travel through them. If there IS something in this attack that they have not seen before, it definitely is NOT that a worm was used to propagate through systems. What it did when it was inside those programs might be new, but the use of a worm for the purpose....

Put it this way, as far as I understand it, this would be like suggesting that using a musket is a novel way to shoot a person in the head. In computer years, worms are old, OLD news!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Imagine this was a local problem. Suppose you had a guy in a rented apartment block who like to throw glass bottles out of his top floor apartment onto the street below. Other times, he takes some petrol and fills a trashcan in his apartment with his and sets it on fire, telling everyone it's his apartment and he's got a right to do whatever he likes. Other times he threatens to set fire to his neighbors homes. Are the property managers, city council or social services going to sit by and wait for a major incident to happen?

If he would just put away the glass bottles and petrol, everyone else will be happy.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I don't get it, the wannacry has been around since 2015 what is the big deal now.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

It's actually funny in an all together way.

Some seem to believe that a Country that was formed 241 years ago is responsible somehow for all the crap that relates to life on Earth.

edit on 16-5-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

edit on 16-5-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

In the face of the shambling idiot-ring that is the United States government today, you still believe in elite conspiracies?

Haw bloody haw.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

In the face of the shambling idiot-ring that is the United States government today, you still believe in elite conspiracies?

Haw bloody haw.

It's ok....should I assume you are of British origin by the use of "shambling"?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Agreed. The fact that just recently we learned that the nsa had this ability. My guess is that this virus has been in those systems for a long time and only got activated because it was found out . Like the nsa thought hell now they know so we better use this stuff while we can.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

You can assume what you like, zeisele. It doesn’t alter the fact that I bring the truth.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join