It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the man Joeshep Smith from the Mormon Church

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I heard that he only heard the voice of Jesus and never saw him

What are your thoughts on this./

This year the Mormon church are bulilding 5 new temples around the world

these temples are like my goodness freak'n beautiful
How do the build these without money? sorry i reeally dontk know

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

They have gobs of money. What are you talking about?

They are a church after all, and if there is one thing churches are good at (besides protecting pedophiles anyway) it's parting suckers from their money.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

They have gobs of money. What are you talking about?

They are a church after all, and if there is one thing churches are good at (besides protecting pedophiles anyway) it's parting suckers from their money.

I think you mean brain washing through fear.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

You must see the Broadway play Book of Mormon and all will be revealed.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

but really did joeshp really find talblets under the tree and was able to decode waht was written. I 'm mean all thenm thabladlets had to be at least 666 feet deep

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Mormons pay a tithe of 10% of their income to the church.
It is awash with money from its believers.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The Mormon Church, per capita, is one of the wealthiest churches in existence, if you look at it just from a tithe standpoint (I.e. not including vast fortunes plundered from other religions and cultures). Plus, they have a very exclusive procurement process to secure fantastic building contracts from the Mormon community...aaannnnnd, they get gobs of free labor from members. It's a win-win-win situation.

No, the Mormon Church has buttloads of money to build new temples!

The hedge funds on Wall St. would give their left nut to create a business model as successful through turbulent financial times as that created by the Mormon Church. It's a money juggernaut.

In fact, the Mormon Church even have financial enforcers of sorts at the local level to ensure they get their money. They don't rely on a donation basket going around at mass...nope, they take it right out of your paycheck. Don't get any more efficient than that! Can't pay? Well, they've got a tribunal for that. They will get their money!

"No money"??? Heh...thanks for the chuckle!!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: dfnj2015

but really did joeshp really find talblets under the tree and was able to decode waht was written. I 'm mean all thenm thabladlets had to be at least 666 feet deep
Well, doesn't it sound rediculous? If it doesn't, then i would like you to come visit my church. We only charge 9.5% tithe. Oh and i saw jesus and those gold plates. Jesus showed me the gold plates.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Only Joseph saw the plates. Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

The Angel said bury them plates.
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
The Mormon Church, per capita, is one of the wealthiest churches in existence, if you look at it just from a tithe standpoint (I.e. not including vast fortunes plundered from other religions and cultures). Plus, they have a very exclusive procurement process to secure fantastic building contracts from the Mormon community...aaannnnnd, they get gobs of free labor from members. It's a win-win-win situation.

No, the Mormon Church has buttloads of money to build new temples!

The hedge funds on Wall St. would give their left nut to create a business model as successful through turbulent financial times as that created by the Mormon Church. It's a money juggernaut.

In fact, the Mormon Church even have financial enforcers of sorts at the local level to ensure they get their money. They don't rely on a donation basket going around at mass...nope, they take it right out of your paycheck. Don't get any more efficient than that! Can't pay? Well, they've got a tribunal for that. They will get their money!

"No money"??? Heh...thanks for the chuckle!!

Wow
Youza the man
it is true what you say
they give ( at least here) a booklet that you take to 7-11 and make a donation, yeah you heared it right. but really the people i accosicate eithe with are farily nlince people.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I like the way Mormons are portrayed in The Expanse.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

No join my church of eternal love and submission. Jesus came to me at the beach last week and said all other faiths are false.
...We only charge 6% donation by direct debit or card, 5% if hard cash...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

No join my church of eternal love and submission. Jesus came to me at the beach last week and said all other faiths are false.

you may be jocking but its thseesems to the tnene new treend of collocationg monony these days.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

All you have to do to commit felonies is create a religion where it is part of the fabric.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
On a broader note, the relationship between churches in general and their money is a very interesting study. The church leaders shield themselves from scrutiny by members with religious, moral and ethical "Do Not Cross" lines. At the same time, the name of the game is to convince more and more people to sign up (and pay), to ever expand their member base (think: missionaries and so forth). All of this under the threat of "protection" from the greatest evil of all. It's like a religious mafia of sorts. Sign up...and you too shall be "saved" (i.e. protected)...else 'somebody might-a break-a you legs'!

edit on 5/16/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Ralphyboy

You really should give people some context with that post!

Think...South Park! (Great episode, BTW!)

South Park has done many great episodes about churches and religions, they were certainly not singling out the Mormons alone.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Lol, on a serious note though one thing about Mormons is if you fall on hard times the members pull together to help each other out.
No drinking, smoking, recreational drugs, even caffeine is allowed though so I'd be excommunicated for sure.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

like the IRS on steroids

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: grainofsand

you may be jocking but its thseesems to the tnene new treend of collocationg monony these days.

Pray for a spelling checker. I'll sell you my holy one for only 69.95. Shipping costs not included.

edit on 16/5/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

BTW...I don't think Joseph Smith ever claimed to have spoken to 'Jesus' himself. He alleged he had an epiphany, or vision, from 'God'. (what's better than straight from the source, right?) It was the angel, Moroni, who allegedly guided him to, and helped him translate, the golden plates which lead to the Book of Mormon.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join