It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banning assault weapons again.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
My husband was telling me that here in Ohio, out of everyone who has a concealed carry permit, NOT ONE of these people has been arrested for a gun-related crime.

He's going to take that course and get his permit.

And, in Ohio, they're talking about a bill where there would be NO gun restrictions!
And another bill that would forbid gun-grabbing during an emergency--some people saw what happened after Katrina and said, this ain't happening here!

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
xpert11, it is not reasonable to assume the outcome of an armed encounter. There is no litmus test or proof to apply. It comes down to a nebulous mix of skill, determination, and luck.

Watch the Discovery Channel any night and you can see US troops prepare for combat against mutliple people while armed/unarmed, etc.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
They are talking about banning them again here in New York State. You can bet I will have my WASR-10 before they ban them. When you outlaw guns, the only people who can get them are the criminals, leaving them general public defenseless!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Wow xpert11 sure is a troll. Most of what he/she says has no basis in reality whatsoever. People like that should be banned for spreading such rampant dis info.

Its also amazing to see how the people from across the sea are so jealous of our right to own guns. It makes me proud, as an American gun owner, of our second amendment rights and I would die fighting for them.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Guns kill people and people kill people. Who cares which is which. In my opinion it is irrelevant to the issue of should Americans have weapons. Gun tragedies are going to occurs. Accidents happen and adults and children will kill themselves because of guns. Again, irrelevant to the issue in my opinion. There are over 1 million auto accidents every year caused by teenagers and about 10 to 15 kids die every day from car accidents. Why aren't we banning the automobile?

Why do Americans get this right to keep arms? Because it was framed in our Constitution by our founding fathers to secure that the citizens of the USA had the ability to defend themselves and keep themselves free. Even if that meant attacking their own government. The founding fathers looked back over history can took note that all governments, no matter how great, eventually turned on the people. The most dangerous thing to a corrupt system of government is a well armed nation. Why do you think the government tries to take this right away every once in a while?

Even if you think the government is great and does nothing wrong. There will come a time in history when the citizens of the USA will need to defend themselves against its own government. Why would our country be any different from every other that has pasted through history.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golack
Wow xpert11 sure is a troll. Most of what he/she says has no basis in reality whatsoever. People like that should be banned for spreading such rampant dis info.

With that statement my BS metre just broke.

Its also amazing to see how the people from across the sea are so jealous of our right to own guns. It makes me proud, as an American gun owner, of our second amendment rights and I would die fighting for them.

Cremation or burial or will others including yourself go the same way the survivors of hurricane Katrina ?
No one has explained how despite all the 2nd amendment bravado people were disarmed in the after mouth of Katrina.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11

Guns dont cause crime be themselvs it takes a person to pull the trigger. Take the gun away and the trigger cant be pulled. The argument that countries that dont have guns have seen crime go up that isnt valid. Take Aust for example crime has gone up because the size of the population as increased not because of guns.

I am going to use some simple "Pro-gun" logic here. "Taking guns away," would work... except that crooks don't buy them legally in the first place. If you naively expect a killer to politely register his gun, then you are incredibly ingenuous. (that is a REAL word, look it up
)
I know for a fact that in countries that don't have guns crime has gone up. My mother lived in Papua New Guinea for 17 years, and guns were outlawed over there. So, all the kind, obedient citizens didn't buy guns, and now, when they go down the mountains to sell their coffee beans, and come back with the money, they are beaten or killed, and their money is taken by criminals, who DO have guns.
The police force can't stop them, and crime has skyrocketed.

"But, oh! America has a good, efficient police force. We don't need guns!"
Bull. The police can't instantly teleport to your house, and nothing, repeat NOTHING scares a robber more that a loaded gun pointed at his snozzola, being held by and angry guy in pjs

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Golack

Same here man. Same here. xpert is the typical liberal pantywaist who thinks all the kindly citizens should turn in their guns and live happily ever after in some kind of fairy tale paradise.

REALITY CHECK TIME!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Crusader of Truth

Have you got a source to back up those PNG crime figures ?
A lot of those sort of places in this part of the world are political unstable and the issues have may not have anything to do with this topic.

If the pro gun lobby was correct shouldn't have crime already been wiped out by now before any ban was mooted ?

Originally posted by Crusader of Truth
Same here man. Same here. xpert is the typical liberal pantywaist who thinks all the kindly citizens should turn in their guns and live happily ever after in some kind of fairy tale paradise.

Well I am going to assume from here on out you know about as much about the topic as you do my political beliefs which is nothing. So rather then help the spread of ignorance I'm going to leave you to your own devices.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

When Australia banned all guns in their country, they made one of the biggest mistakes in the world. Besides petty crime, auto theft, and the other "usual" crimes that affect just about every country in the world, Australia has some of the most dangerous biker gangs in the world, including a chapter of the American Hell's Angels. Yes, population increase does pump up crime stats somewhat, but the real problem lies in the fact that no one can defend themselves against criminals anymore. Now that only a very tiny number of citizens own guns, most criminals could easily barge into someone's house, steal whatever they wanted, rape any women in there, and disappear into the more desolate regions of the country, never to be found or persecuted.

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join