It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The man in the cave.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
In many ways, this cave is all I know.

I know it's contours as well as I do my own body. I feel the scrape of water against stone, even as the seawater laps against me. I sit, up to my stomach in water, on the Sandy floor beneath me. It's hightide now.

I don't know how long I've been in this cave, or why I yet remain. The sound of the ocean mirrors my heartbeat, seeming to me as if it beat from within me as well. I felt as if, if I wasn't careful, alert, focused, then the ocean would drag me out into it.

The thought is interesting, and I feel my mind begin to detach to follow it. Fear rushes in at the mere thought of leaving the cave, and I turn it about. Why should I be afraid to leave? I really can't recall anything other than being here- has it been so long?

Or is it just that this is where i was born? the thought strikes me like a pen flashing across paper, spilling fire into me, a whole new world of possibility. I stand, without even noticing.

The reason I had been to scared to leave, is because not only was this all I knew, this was all there was! I have a suit on, and for some reason don't find it the least bit odd. I take the first step forwards and I again hear the whispering of a pen, I feel the fire and I leap into it. It burns yes but it is a creative agony, and then it is gone.

In the stillness, I take another step. One more, and I will see my first glimpse of something beyond which I had ever known. Fear was here, yes, uncertainty and doubt. I wasn't surrendering to these and their ilk, however; I was simply savoring the smell of possibility before I took the step into change. I close my eyes and use my knowledge of the cave to guide me to it's edge. I feel it drop away at my toetips, I feel it yawning behind me, it's comforting and peaceful presence beckoning.

That's probably why I had been here for who knew how long. I honestly didn't know if i had awoken 5 minutes or 5 years ago. Either way, the peace and security of the cave, too, were mine. So I open my eyes and step forth...

Cutting it here as I contemplate where to take it.
edit on 16-5-2017 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Ah,somethin new to savor! I love your way with words and how you express thoughts and emotions!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

*Bows*

Theres many yet to come!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Yay! I can hardly wait!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Me too! XD

I know the words I want to use to describe the next bit of this one, but I don't know what should await him.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Words from the heart well written Lucid. It brings back the uncertainty of my wanting to leave the comfort of who I am now and to go out and reach for something better.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

That is exactly what it was intended to portray, thanks!

top topics

join