It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Should U.S. Media Outlets Be Urged To Higher Standards for Accuracy.?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
May 15, 2017

To be sure, President Trump is sometimes his own worst enemy, because he makes such broad claims, without being more specific. An example is when he said that President Obama had Wiretapped Trump Tower. Actually, his campaign did have individuals "unmasked" by the Obama administration, but that is not the same thing as Obama directly Wiretapping Trump Tower. The liberal media blew a gasket over this claim from President Trump, but they had reason to IMO, because he offered no proof. Trump was his own worst enemy.

What gets my goat is when ONE mediocre "news" outlet publishes a negative story about President Trump, and all the rest "pile on" and start embellishing the original anti-Trump story, to make it even more damning of the U.S. President.

Since at least 80% of the U.S. media is LIBERAL/Democrat, the entire world is soon viewing "Breaking News!" describing the heinous deed committed by President Trump, and/or, how horrible the United States is. (Because Donald Trump is President, negative stories about the U.S. are intended to portray his leadership as poor, faulty, etc..)

For example, today, the WASHINGTON POST published a story where "unnamed" and "anonymous" sources told one of its reporters that President Trump revealed highly classified ISIS-related intelligence to Russian officials, when they visited the White House last week.

Within 2 hours, so-called "legitimate" news outlets began eliciting reactions from intelligence experts and government officials. These news outlets didn't question if the Washington Post's story was accurate. They launch right into their interviews, assuming that it is.

For example, CBS News found some former CIA official to solidly condemn President Trump. Read this, keeping in mind that nobody knows WHAT President Trump allegedly told his Russian visitors.

""This is highly damaging for two reasons," said former CIA Deputy Director Michael Morell about the reported reveal, which the White House denies. "First, the Russians will undoubtedly try to figure out the source or the method of this information to make sure that it is not also collecting on their activities in Syria -- and in trying to do that they could well disrupt the source."

"The second damage is that third countries who provide the United States with intelligence information will now have pause to do so if the United States is sharing such information with the Russians without their permission," Morell said in a conversation with CBS News' Scott Pelley.""

Excerpted from: www.cbsnews.com...

The term "fake news" is becoming too cute. The Washington Post flat out LIED, and CBS, without questioning anything, found some former CIA official to describe how President Trump has SEVERELY DAMAGED the United States.. in TWO WAYS...with nobody even knowing what President Trump allegedly revealed.

What CBS did was repeated ad nauseam by all the Liberal Media outlets today. In fact, the CBS website has a publication time of 9:35 pm. That's 4 hours after top U.S. intelligence officials WHO WERE IN THE MEETING, stepped forward to say that President Trump did NOT reveal classified information to the Russians. Yet CBS still runs with the story, because they devoted resources to securing that interview with the former CIA official.

This Liberal Media "pile on" whenever the story reflects poorly on President Trump, or America, is flat out WRONG..DEGRADING..and DANGEROUS to this country!

They are causing societal RIFTS that will lead to increasing American-on-American VIOLENCE. And, by giving the world the impression that America is run by a President who has no idea what he's doing, opens America up to dangerous attacks from internal and external terrorists.

SOMETHING needs to be done to insure and enforce some measure of "quality control" within U.S. media outlets. I suggest that if they publish more than 3 Front Page Anti-Trump / Anti-America stories in a month that turn out to be LIES, that the organization pay a percentage of it's prior year's annual revenue as a fine. (Something similar to how ObamaCare punishes people who don't have health insurance.)

For ATS members who feel that the U.S. Media needs to be held accountable by external enforcement, because they no longer care to internally enforce their standards of integrity & honesty, what measures do YOU feel need to be put in place by the Federal Government to police and punish the worst offenders? I'll look forward to reading YOUR responses!

(fyi..I'll read, but won't respond, if you're against media accountability enforcement.)

-CareWeMust

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

CBS an all the others should only be allowed to report information thats been given the stamp of approval by the white house. At least the news would be accurate then!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Simply stop watching and don't subscribe. If we take away their money and relevance they will improve or die

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

CBS an all the others should only be allowed to report information thats been given the stamp of approval by the white house. At least the news would be accurate then!

We already tried that with Obama.

It didn't work.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Your all sucked in by the left vs right divide and rule paradigm I am aware of a story both Salon.com and Breitbart dropped like a hot rock because it was too close to the truth.Its all scripted and if it isn't and you are a true whistleblower you'll be relegated to you tube or google wilderness.I dont know what this never ending Russian bs is about but its by design for some nefarious purpose.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Simply stop watching and don't subscribe. If we take away their money and relevance they will improve or die

Thankfully I don't subscribe to the newspapers, or liberal-slanted magazines. But the T.V. Cable Networks are a different animal. I learned 3 months ago that I'm helping MSNBC and CNN, simply because I subscribe to Cable-TV. CNN, for example, receives 65% of it's revenue from people who subscribe to Cable/Dish packages that contain CNN.

That's why I'm looking for our government to understand that these liberal outlets hurt America.. and put some control measures in place.

Thanks for your feedback, Metallicus. I've heard that more people are "cutting the cord" and using Non-Cable/Dish methods for watching T.V.. If these methods deprive anti-American outlets like MSNBC and CNN of revenue, that's fantastic.

edit on 5/16/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I totally agree.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

Since there are thousands of laws on the books that no one has heard of, there's probably a way for the Trump Administration to at least deny frequent liars, access to the Press Briefings. Maybe even fine them for repeatedly publishing front-page lies.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

emails to their advertisers, not to them, seem to work
got bill oreilly off the air quickly

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The problem is the very concept of free speech as used by the US.

Free speech without any responsibility allows for all sorts of nastiness and includes lying, cheating and making crap up because you can.

It is the same as the second amendment. You love your guns but no one sees it as a responsibility. You can all just have your guns and do nothing as the rest of the world is in flames because your government is bombing the hell out of people.

Both the first and the second are both rights and they are responsibilities. But hey, the US is all about freedoms and to hell with responsibility.

P

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

A good start would be to repeal 'The Telecommunications Act'.

Passed in 1996 under President Bill Clinton, the Telecommunications Act has resulted in large-scale deregulation of the entire US media industry, removing many limitations on the number of different media outlets that can be owed by a single company. Today, six corporations control 90 percent of all of the media output in the United States. As we will see, this has affected the quality, variety, and accessibility of US media in a number of ways.

10 Ways Mass Media Ownership Hurts The Public

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Maybe lax media standards can be turned into a positive thing.

I'm in touch with sources who have access to "top level media executives" who stated (anonymously) that Bigfoot is working in conjunction with the Earth Coalition to stop the Intergalactic Axis of Evil from obtaining yellow cake gravitons.

"Experts" believe these gravitons are produced in the brains of autistic children who have been vaccinated when they come in contact with a mixture of chemtrail gasses and untaxed man-made global warming gasses.

"Sources inside the Pentagon" say they plan to use the gravitons of mass destruction to flip over the flat Earth, causing all the people to fall off and land on Nibiru as it passes by.

Some wacky "scientists" doubt all this strong evidence, but they are probably Trump supporters who own assault rifles. They're most likely racists, too.

--------

And that is my resume for a reporter's position at the New York Times.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

How Should U.S. Media Outlets Be Urged To Higher Standards for Accuracy.?

Stop whining about what is being reported and do your own research on sources. The 1st Amendment is more important than Donald Trump's feelings.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Let's talk about the current rancor against 'unnamed' and 'anonymous' sources. Yes, it's true, these sources can be fictitious. But do you honestly believe that people in a position to have access to the kinds of information related by these sources could ever reveal who they are? The reporters vet the source but they have to protect their anonymity in order to protect the sources' jobs, amongst other things. Yes, reporters COULD make-up these sources but that usually ends bad for the reporter and media outlet when the truth comes out.

Trump is engaged in an all-out war against WH 'leaks'. These leaks are coming from inside people who will no longer be inside if they are identified. So the idea that only information provided by named sources is legitimate is naïve and ignorant.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Opinions are not accurate or true unless they are MY opinions.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
So what I have read so far...

We now have to protect whistle blowers cause... of reasons... the previous 8 years of people being attacked for leaking information or blowing the whistle... well I guess that is not an outrageous thing... because of reasons.

then we have the free speech argument... the MSM can apparently print anything they want under free speech and anybody that speaks out against an outright lie obviously hates free speech... but the president better never mis-speak or lie... or do anything but speak in tiny words so nobody can misunderstand or be offended... because.. some folks have made claims about how he effects allies.

Free tip, as an American living over seas, I see much more of the gawd awful fabrications from the MSM than I do direct quotes from the President. I have had to answer some really crazy questions from my friends here as they repeat MSM talking points with zero context given.

As for what you can do... if you hate CNN;
step 1: Stop watching it, do not access any single for of media that they own.

step 2: Sponsors write and complain to them about their support for less than Vetted stories, enough people complain they will talk to CNN and the threat of them losing money could make a difference.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
What do you mean US media outlets ???? I only thought there were Lamestream media outlets in the US...... Parrots in the Payroll

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The worst of the news outlets suffer into oblivious from lack of viewership.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

This is a solution for all politicians and journalists!

Take a suppository, wire it to a car battery and a lie detector.

If they tell a fib. . . . ?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Metallicus

Thankfully I don't subscribe to the newspapers, or liberal-slanted magazines. But the T.V. Cable Networks are a different animal. I learned 3 months ago that I'm helping MSNBC and CNN, simply because I subscribe to Cable-TV. CNN, for example, receives 65% of it's revenue from people who subscribe to Cable/Dish packages that contain CNN.

That's why I'm looking for our government to understand that these liberal outlets hurt America.. and put some control measures in place.

Thanks for your feedback, Metallicus. I've heard that more people are "cutting the cord" and using Non-Cable/Dish methods for watching T.V.. If these methods deprive anti-American outlets like MSNBC and CNN of revenue, that's fantastic.

Call your Cable TV provider and ask them for a package which doesn't include CNN. If they don't offer it take your business elsewhere...Easy enough.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join