It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Allegedly Tries to Run GOP Lawmaker Off Road Over Health Care Vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
www.google.com... re_vote.html" target="_blank" class="postlink">Link

Interesting how much of this news isn't covered.

In Tennessee, one woman was so angry at a lawmaker’s vote in favor of the health care bill that she tried to run him off the road, according to police.

While yes, she's being charged, I haven't seen this covered anywhere.
Why?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Oaktree

check link

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Apparently violence against Republicans isn't news worthy.

What I see as the bigger issue here is that the public feels that the ruling class is so apathetic toward to the common man's needs that public is reacting more and more virulently. IMHO, this will get worse before it gets better.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Link
edit on 15-5-2017 by Oaktree because: (no reason given)

Link fixed, sorry.
edit on 15-5-2017 by Oaktree because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

This is the new normal now.

They can't debate, so they harm, break things, get violent.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson
Unfortunately, I think you're correct that it will get worse before better.
Interestingly, I believe the majority of Americans aren't that far apart on what we want.

The media plays the hard right and hard left against each other, and then we all pick sides.
It's a sad state of affairs.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
I know, like little children holding their breath until they get what they want.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Amen.

The true disagreement should between we peons and the ruling classes. We allow politicians to lie through their teeth, the enter public service middle classed and leave wealthy, they vote against their own constituencies and still we reelect them based on the letter after their name. We allow the wealthy elite to take huge amounts of public funds, eliminate all of the gains made during the labor movement's hay day, take larger and larger bonuses, out source our jobs to slave labor and we continue to spend all of our money on useless, unneeded items or things with built in poison pills. Example, my mother has the same mattress that my parents bought when they were first married, over 50 years ago. Since my wife and I have been married we've had 5 mattresses. We've been married 21 years.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson
Yet, we are forced to choose sides.
Many in my family are quite conservative, yet vote blue because they are union members.
I tend to vote red, yet I am so much more "liberal" on some things.
It's just crazy when you consider how similar most of us are, yet it seems we're just about ready to go to war.
Over what?
We've all been played, forced to choose teams, and defend our team, right or wrong.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oaktree
www.google.com... re_vote.html" target="_blank" class="postlink">Link

Interesting how much of this news isn't covered.

In Tennessee, one woman was so angry at a lawmaker’s vote in favor of the health care bill that she tried to run him off the road, according to police.

While yes, she's being charged, I haven't seen this covered anywhere.
Why?

I've seen it on Yahoo News earlier today...
Perhaps it was self defense?
She might have seen that the idiot was directly threatening the health care of her and her family by his vote.
Self defense! *__-

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

We are on the same page. This was the first election since I gained majority that I voted 3rd party. I just couldn't stomach voting for either of the main party candidates. I don't even care what the candidate's policies are anymore, I want to vote for someone who will go against the system. I'm really beginning to believe we need to blow the whole thing up.

top topics

join